• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

I heard a story a pastor told me about a man who was a drunk. He was playing cards as he usually does while drinking with his buddies and a discussion came up about who has the best wife. The argument got so hot that they forgot they were there to have a merry time and play cards. So they decided to set out to prove who's wife was the best. The first man brought his friends to his house(it was about 3 am) and shouted up stairs, "Woman!, get down here and fix me some food 'cause I'm hungry." His wife came downstairs cussing and screaming and throwing stuff at the guys until they got out of the house. The stumbled over to the next friends house and he repeated the same thing. "Woman! , get down here and fix me some food 'cause I'm hungry." She came to the top of the stairs cussed at him for waking her up and went back to bed. The last guy took him to his place and said the same exact thing. "Woman!, get down here and fix me some food 'cause I'm hungry." She came running down stairs and she set the table for the 3 of them, warmed up the leftovers and allowed them to eat, hollar and have a good ol' time at her expense. After some time, his buddies left the house and he asked his wife, " How come you're so nice to me even though i treat you this way?" She calmly responded, "Because I realize that you're not going to the same heaven I am so I wanted to make home for you here as nice as possible because that's as close to heaven as you will get." :unsure:

The point is she stuck to scripture and made sure that she loved her "enemy" even though it was her husband. If he was in the will of God, she'd be even happier to do things (not quite like that)for him. If you're life is endanger then you should leave the area but if you're husband is just an unbeliever than I say make sure he has the best of heaven now cause u never know.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Tx for all the replies, they are a great help in understanding the realitity of wanting to be under a husbands authority.

Some husbands of yours are so Christlike that its easy to see him as your head.

But other husbands are not that Christlike at all and I can understand very well the struggle to obey Gods word in doing there what we should do.

I do respect my husband a lot but the sad part is that I can't very often see him being Christlike, he doesn't like to talk about spiritual things and a lot of other things I don't even name.

He loves his family and works hard to make a living but I can't feel one with him in the Lord, it seem we serve a different God .....I quess thats what I'm looking for!

Angels

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/20/1970

Well, if this isn't a loaded question! LOL I have been in this situation for years. When we married, I was not a Christian. Hubbby has been a Christian since he was a teenager. I accepted Christ as my Saviour when I was 21, and was baptized. There have been some good times in our marraige, although, most were bad. We disagree on alot of things that the Bible says, and he twists scripture all too often when it comes to how he is to treat me, and vice versa. It's been a difficult road to say the least. We are in counselling after many years of begging him to go, and we are blessed to be able to have a Christian counselling service. I may post more on this at a later time. There are so many things that I just don't have time to type out. There were/are many more problems in our marraige besides not agreeing on scripture, but I have faith that in time, God will work this out to His will. After only two sessions, we both have learned to be more patient with the other. I only pray that when we get further into discussing some of our deeper issues, things will still remain peaceful between us. I truly want to have a Biblical marraige, yet it is the most difficult thing to accomplish when my husband doesn't want to follow the same path to reach this goal.

How many women here are under their husbands authority and want to be under his authority?

What if he doesn't treat you right, can you still be submissive?

Men, do you expect your wife to be submissive and to be under your authority?

Even when you don't treat her right?

I know what the Bible says.........but isn't it hard to be submissive if you see your husband not really submissive to the Lord?

Angels :emot-highfive:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

1 Peter 3:1-2

Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives.

Here, Peter is specifically addressing women who are married to non-believing husbands, and he tells them they should submit.

A wife's duty to submit is not necessarily dependent on the godliness of the husband.

When we married, I was not a Christian.  Hubbby has been a Christian since he was a teenager.  I accepted Christ as my Saviour when I was 21, and was baptized.  There have been some good times in our marraige, although, most were bad.  We disagree on alot of things that the Bible says

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your husband's first mistake was to marry an unbeliever. :blink: He should have known better.

Looks like many of your problems stem from that faulty foundation.

[quote name='Bro David

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I'm in a little different situation. My husband is not saved. However we do discuss things and he will always have the last say. I work full time and help him pay the bills. I also take care of the house, shop, cook, clean. I find it funny when some men say women have it easy or good. We work hard and deserve the same resepect we give you. Yes I submit to my husband, I believe if God is going to bring Steve to Himself I have to do my part. My husband is a good and honorable man, he would never ask me to do anything that would be dishonest out of line. Marriage is each partner giving 100%. It has to be that way otherwise it doesn't work. I know this because I have been married 22 years today. :blink:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/20/1970

Marriage is each partner giving 100%.  It has to be that way otherwise it doesn't work.  I know this because I have been married 22 years today. :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen to each giving 100%!

Happy Anniversary!!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Show me where the Bible says we should not marry a non- Believer.

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" 2 Cor. 6:14

Also, marriage itself is a picture of Christ and His church. Every guideline set in scripture for marriage is there to emulate the relationship between Christ and His Bride. This is why a woman should be submissive and obedient, not because she is less valued..but because she is HIGHLY valued and because the church should be obedient to Christ. It only makes sense that this picture falls apart and fails miserably in it's purpose when one of the spouses is unbelieving.