tsth

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

there is no big or little sin. All sin is accounted for the same.... Death..... Good thing christ died fore me! :P

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

All sin is serious and no sin is worse than another, other than the big 2,(which might be the big 4 depending on your beliefs) The big 2 being a referance to blaspheme of the Holy Spirit and recieving the mark of the beast. If our eyes are on the things you mentioned then there not on christ. we can't serve 2 masters.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

All sin is serious and no sin is worse than another, other than the big 2,(which might be the big 4 depending on your beliefs) The big 2 being a referance to blaspheme of the Holy Spirit and recieving the mark of the beast. If our eyes are on the things you mentioned then there not on christ. we can't serve 2 masters.

Firestorm if a person is really born again He will not get the mark of the beast,if he would accept that mark he's not not born again.

The sin against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven this because this sin is unbelieve.

There is 1 sin which will not be forgiven.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Birthday:  12/16/1988

Good post, Tsth. We do need to keep our garments unstained by the world.

One big "AMEN" from me!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  09/15/1967

Good discussion. Adding to it...

But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.

~Galatians 5:16

No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

~1 John 3:6-9

When we believe on Christ and are born again, we are indwelt and sealed with the Holy Spirit. (i.e., Justified). The next step is becoming sanctified by staying washed in the word and abiding (greek: continuous tense) in Him, so that we do not carry out the deeds of the flesh, practicing sin as we once did when we were unbelievers. Once we are justified, sin is now a CHOICE.

Now understand me, this is not to say that a believer will have their share of slip ups as they mature in the Spirit--because we still live in a flesh-covered and sinful "tent" (see Romans 7:14-25). So,in order to keep our garments clean, we have to wash them with what I like to call, "The Christian's bar of soap", that is, 1 John 1:9. ;-)

Therefore, do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey it's lusts...

~Romans 6:12

Guest Ricochet

I was in my FB today and I saw this very interesting banner that someone posted. I, of course shared it because I agreed totally with it.

The banners said: " Don't judge others just because their sins are different from yours"

I liked that a lot

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14
  • Birthday:  12/16/1988

That is a pretty good banner.

In all honesty, we should leave the judgment up to God. He is a perfect Judge, after all.

Edited by Lowen

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  09/15/1967

Matthew 7:1, "Judge not that ye be not judged."

Hmmm. Sounds nice. And no offense to Richochet or Lowen, but taking a closer look at the famous verse that is so misquoted and putting it in its proper context, when looking a this passage, it is actually is teaching us [the believer] to judge based on what we believe is truth and what aligns with scripture, not to refrain from judging! (Comments in brackets.)

Mat 7:1-5 "Judge not, that ye be not judged [do not judge others if you do not want to be judged by others; everyone will be judged by God]. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure [or standard] ye use, it shall be measured to you again [if you judge others, they will judge you by the same measures]. And why behold thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but consider not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye [how can you judge someone when you are guilty of the sin yourself]? Thou hypocrite [this is the audience in the context; a hypocrite is one who is not living what he is preaching], first cast out the beam out of thine own eye [FIRST judge yourself and get your own life cleaned up]; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye [THEN after you get your life straight, you will be able to discern clearly and you are commanded to help clean your brother’s eye!].

As believers, scripture instructs to accurately handle the word of truth (2 Tim 2:15 and 3:16) and test ourselves (2 Cor 13:5) and the spirits (1 John 4:1) to see if we/they are in Christ (judging the immoral as found in 1 Corinthians chapter 5), and in order to keep false teaching, false doctrine and false prophets out of the body of Christ (1 Tim 6:3-5).

"Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them;" Ephesian 5:11

Reasoning further, if we didn't judge then:

All the prisons would be empty and thieves, serial killers, drug dealers, rapists, and murderers would be loose in your neighborhood.

You could not discipline your children and teach them not to steal, lie, do drugs, or give in to peer pressure.

Then students should graduate regardless of their contributions.

You could not judge any false doctrine and would have to allow it to be taught from your church’s pulpit ("discerning" is the same thing as "judging").

You should leave your children with anyone who said was qualified to be a babysitter. You should not bother to check his/her background. Later, you should not be upset if this baby-sitter turned out to be a child-molester, because "thou shalt not judge."

You should marry anyone that asked. You shouldn’t worry about his/her character or beliefs. What if he beats you up? What if she runs around on you? You shouldn’t get so mad because "thou shalt not judge."

Homosexuality will become widely accepted as a "right".

In closing let me iterate scripture:

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Cor 6:9-10

While God is indeed the final judge--and judgement means passing a sentence--us as believers are, in fact, called to examine the fruit.

Be blessed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The beam is removed by the person who has the beam in his own eye. Once he has done this he understands completely that he must bring his brother to a place of removing the mote out of his own eye. If one so chooses, they may go about judging anyone and everyone according to any standard they wish but our righteous God who is judge of all will make sure that you are judged in the same fashion as you put forth toward others. I watch people receive the judgement of God as they judge others all the time and they never realize what hit them. I have had it happen to me as I learned to curtail my judging by experience. Definitely something to keep in mind before you go giving someone over to Satan for the punishment of the flesh. Your ducks had better be in a row first.

Gary

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39

The beam is removed by the person who has the beam in his own eye. Once he has done this he understands completely that he must bring his brother to a place of removing the mote out of his own eye. If one so chooses, they may go about judging anyone and everyone according to any standard they wish but our righteous God who is judge of all will make sure that you are judged in the same fashion as you put forth toward others. I watch people receive the judgement of God as they judge others all the time and they never realize what hit them. I have had it happen to me as I learned to curtail my judging by experience. Definitely something to keep in mind before you go giving someone over to Satan for the punishment of the flesh. Your ducks had better be in a row first.

Gary

Gary,

How do you know that God was judging people around you when they were judging other peolpe?

We have consequences from choices we make in this life...but I don't think we can say..Oh,the Lord is judging you ,you better listen......

As born again Christians we should hear the voive of the Lord trying to get our attention if we do something wrong,but to see Gods judgement in other people's lives?

Don't forget we live in a fallen world which will not get better before God will make all things new.

We should examine ourselfs daily to see if we have beams in our eyes,don't you think?

Only God is the Judge about people's hearts and how they think.

He puts us on this earth to glorify Him and to spread the gospel:)