IGNORED

If God spoke to man... would you believe?

Tigger56

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

In Joel 2:28 - 29,  If this happened somewhere other than your own church?  If this happened within a church of different doctrinal beliefs than yours but still believed in Jesus?  Is this happened in your lifetime along with other signs... If God started to speak once more through an unknown person to you?   Would you believe?  I pray Jeremiah 33:3,  when you become aware of mighty things.... what would it take for you to believe?  What will it take for me to believe?  I hope people will truly think about this...  what would the barriers be?  What would our tests be to see if it is of God?  Would we even think about it if it came from a church other than our own?  I believe we are in the end time, but when all of it starts and let's say it starts first through one man or one church other than our own ..... would we believe?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Well, let's look at the O/T Israelites. Oh, the wondrous teachings, signs, and miracles they observed; and yet still did not believe. We today are at a learning advantage with the bible, and it's history, and yet still we have many who do not believe. I, for one, have a strong faith and don't require a sideshow of events to believe. I must admit it would ( and will be one day ) wonderful to speak My Lord face to face!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

I look at it this way:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+10%3A27-28&version=ESV

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.

Edited by Still Alive
  • Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

I would have to test it very carefully.

Matthew 24:23

“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

21 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I would have to test it very carefully.

Matthew 24:23

“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it.

This is one reason it's really a good idea to be familiar with the bible, if you have access to one you can read.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

18 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

In Joel 2:28 - 29,  If this happened somewhere other than your own church?  If this happened within a church of different doctrinal beliefs than yours but still believed in Jesus?  Is this happened in your lifetime along with other signs... If God started to speak once more through an unknown person to you?   Would you believe?  I pray Jeremiah 33:3,  when you become aware of mighty things.... what would it take for you to believe?  What will it take for me to believe?  I hope people will truly think about this...  what would the barriers be?  What would our tests be to see if it is of God?  Would we even think about it if it came from a church other than our own?  I believe we are in the end time, but when all of it starts and let's say it starts first through one man or one church other than our own ..... would we believe?

Two things.

1, God frequently speaks to people. They are challenged about some aspect of there life and either change or reject that message.

2, As the bible is finished anyone claiing to have a new message from God is deluded.

• Praise God! 1

7 minutes ago, Who me said:

Two things.

1, God frequently speaks to people. They are challenged about some aspect of there life and either change or reject that message.

2, As the bible is finished anyone claiing to have a new message from God is deluded.

I didn't say adding to the Bible. But you wouldn't believe. That's okay, was curious. I know in scripture I believe we are to test the spirit, we are to see the fruits to know if someone is of God.  In Joel when it talks of visions, dreams, and prophesy.... it appears this will come from God and will be far different from God guiding, speaking and leading us individually. The Pharisees had "all the answers" and totally missed the coming of the Messiah.  I don't believe we are to simply accept anybody's claim without proving it, but will we even try? Will we be so caught up in our own great knowledge or our doctrinal grids, or absolute surety that something amazing will only happen in our church that we will fail to believe as the Pharisees?

19 hours ago, BorderCowboy said:

Well, let's look at the O/T Israelites. Oh, the wondrous teachings, signs, and miracles they observed; and yet still did not believe. We today are at a learning advantage with the bible, and it's history, and yet still we have many who do not believe. I, for one, have a strong faith and don't require a sideshow of events to believe. I must admit it would ( and will be one day ) wonderful to speak My Lord face to face!

Our Lord Jesus used miracles to confirm his words. But you are correct in faith.... people shouldn't require miracles to have faith, to have faith is to see miracles.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

I didn't say adding to the Bible. But you wouldn't believe. That's okay, was curious. I know in scripture I believe we are to test the spirit, we are to see the fruits to know if someone is of God.  In Joel when it talks of visions, dreams, and prophesy.... it appears this will come from God and will be far different from God guiding, speaking and leading us individually. The Pharisees had "all the answers" and totally missed the coming of the Messiah.  I don't believe we are to simply accept anybody's claim without proving it, but will we even try? Will we be so caught up in our own great knowledge or our doctrinal grids, or absolute surety that something amazing will only happen in our church that we will fail to believe as the Pharisees?

Helps if you use paragraphs or sentance breaks.

God speacks to people today througfh many means.

They are messages for that person or sometimes to a community. They are basicaly saying, " Do what the bible teaches!" or for those with no biblical knowlege pointing to someone or somewhere they can get a bible or biblical knowledge.

If we are being obedient to Jesus's command we will not miss what Jesus wants from us.

The question we should be asking ourselves is. 'Are we being obedient?'

If we are we don't need dreams, vissions, words of knowledge etc.

Think of an army. They have what are called 'Standing Orders.'

Orders that are always to be obeyed covering basic aspecs of army life, so the Armies supreme commandard does not have to go round to every solder and tell him to get up, wash dress, salute, etc etc etc.

We have standing orders called the 10 commandments or if you prefer the OT interpretation of them to Love God and to Love your neighbour. We do not need Jesus to visit us to tell us to obey them. They have been written into our souls.

As Jesus said. If we Love him. We WILL obey his commands.

And who do you think gave the ten commandments?