Torah Observant

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

I know it offends Christian pride, but it is the truth.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Amen :D :emot-highfive:Yeah :wub:Amen :D

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  99

On the day that Jesus died, the temple veil between the most holy and holy was split into two.  For the first time the worshippers of God could look upon the Ark of Covenant.  You know the place where the Shekina Glory between the Angels was.  I know that its was forbidden to look upon it.  The priests couldn't even touch it. They had Golden staffs that they had to carry it with and they had to do it practically without looking at the ark.  I understand the sanctuary of the old...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

apparently your understanding needs a tune up. It has been a known fact from the 1st century that that was NOT the veil in front of the Holy of Holies. The veil at the door of the Temple was rent from top to bottom not the one you said. So...

in case you were thinking the priest needed a rope around his ankle or that a cock crowed 3 times to Peter or that a camel could fit thru a needle ...sorry...all Christian wive's tales...why? Cuz we should give a _ _ m about Israel. And those of us who do

ROCK! :noidea:

Guest shiloh357

Tishri, I do not believe you are correct. It was the veil that separated man from God that was rent. It would have made no sense to rip the veil at the door of the Temple (if indeed there was such a veil). It would have made a much stronger statement that man now has full access to the throne of God by virtue that Yeshua paid the price for that access.

I don't know where you are getting your information, but I believe it to be false.

http://www.torahresource.com/English%20Art...ETS%20Paper.pdf

every summer we study with the guys (who are believers and )who are working with the Temple Institute in Jerusalem...and of course ...we study the temple and it's relationship to us, to Yeshua, endtimes ect. This subject comes up every summer and I have notes of our study BUT they are buried right now.... BUT my friends may have theirs with them this week... So I will ask them...I looked to see if any of my notes could be retrieved on line and I came up with Tim Hague's article which helps, but my notes were more detailed concerning the veil (still Tim's article is great).

We shouldn't be so certain that God want's us to just waltz right into his private chamber like that...that is what a mediator would do if a King was ever interrupted, and we still have one in Yeshua...If I was a King I would still have places to go that no one would be allowed to go. There are many places and things in the "Holy Place" (Not the "Most Holy Place" / "Holy of Holies") that were off limits to the general public but could be viewed at certain times of the year,and after the veil was rent and the doors kept opening and shutting by themselves (extremely massive heavy doors by the way) that gave us the obvious message that we are now welcome to partake and learn and experience this area...but I don't believe the "Holy of Holies" was open to public access ever.

I will ask for the info and share it with y'all later

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Would you explain this, please?

Guest shiloh357
Tishri 1 is right; the curtain between the most holy and the holy place is a myth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tishri is not saying that the curtain is a myth. The point being made, which is so far, unconvincing is that it was not the veil in front of the Holies of Holies that was rent.

Even the article cited by Tishri admits that it is only speculation that it was the veil that covered the large doors in front of the heckel (sanctuary) that was rent as a result of the lintel cracking or breaking.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Tishri 1 is right; the curtain between the most holy and the holy place is a myth.

I like to see this explained too .. :emot-hug: