IGNORED

Why the fierce devotion to arguments for legalism?

JohnD

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, OneLight said:

At this point in my life, no.  Only God knows what tomorrow will bring, so trusting in Him to see me through what may happen is key.  Still, because I say no right now, doesn't mean something in the future may lead me to question my faith.  Nobody is promised a perfect life where everything that happens will not test our faith.

How sad, ...my heart aches for you brother...

If what you say is true, then your signature is only head knowledge and not heart knowledge, ...it's my observation, ...please, I don't say this to condemn, ...but rather in hope it would open your eyes, ...please meditate, ruminate on what is written:

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. 

See what I mean about the difference between believing in our intellect and believing in our hearts, ...it says, ...Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, ...but you admit that your faith is is not grounded, ...again, please this is an observation, ...not condemnation, ...when you say you might question your faith in the future that is trusting in your intellect, ...your own understanding, ...exactly opposite of what the verse says not to do, ...can you see that brother?

Of course we all have trails, tests and temptations, ...allowed by Father, ...sent from the enemy of our souls, to test our faith, ...but the second sentence tells us during these trying times, to acknowledge, ...the dictionary definition is: to admit and accept the existence of Truth,  HIM! 

...and HE shall direct YOUR path, ...do you think after He denied the request of His Son in the Garden because of His unfathomable, infinite love for YOU, ...to save YOU, ...that Father will direct your path in such a way that He would lose YOU???

Of course you don't, ...and this is just one of many Scriptures that confirms it:

And this is the Father's will which hath sent Me, that of all which He hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.  John 6:39

My pastor taught us to always read the verse(s) in context, and in so doing we won't come up with any beliefs that contradicts Scripture, ...anything we believe that does contradict Scripture has to be taught to us by someone other than the Holy Spirit, ...otherwise we would never come up with a belief that contradicts the Word.

Brother, in the love of Christ, may I suggest you do as I have done when I was taught by man false doctrine, ...take it before the Holy Spirit and ask Him to open your ears and bring to your remembrance when and where  you first heard,  ...that we, ...who are truly born again children of God, could turn away from Him and lose our salvation, ...and listen attentively for the whispering  hiss of the serpent saying, "...did God really say?"

I'm looking forward to talking with you, ..but I'm late for work...

Lord bless 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/5/2019 at 10:03 PM, JohnD said:

Even though they claim it is an entirely different argument, those who oppose Once Saved Always Saved are legalists

trying to impose unbiblical qualifications that they determine are manditory for salvation... for purposes of control over others,

through fearmongering and keeping believers from their individual priesthood / ministry / calling / spiritual gifts.

All legalists have this at heart (even if not in mind) imposing the Law of Moses on the Grace of Christ.

Paul was chiefest in opposing this and he was a former Pharisee of Pharisees. 

They dilute the blood of Christ when they do that. 

I compare the kingdom of Heaven with the United states in this way: Once you are a citizen, what does it take to lose your citizenship? I believe there are men in prison for all sorts of crimes, yet they are still citizens. Regarding works, there are two kinds, as I see it, regarding negative works:

1. Sins - adultery, envy, etc.

2. Dead works. - tithing, helping, showing up at church, teaching Sunday school, etc.

Dead works are dead in that they don't "get you to heaven".  They are "dead" if you are doing them because you believe they help you "get in". On the other hand, if you do them because "you are already in", and you want to please the Lord, so you do them, That is different.

The second a person starts judging a person's "non-sin" actions, is the second I rebuke them. e.g. "Why is that guy working on Sunday morning and not in church?"  That happened once while my band was playing at a church. I responded, into my microphone, "maybe he's Seventh Day Adventist". 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Would you?

I don't believe a believer would. It's unimaginable to me. When my wife's first husband died, leaving her with three single digit aged children and no life insurance, it drew her closer to God. And how did God honor that? All three are doing well, and one is a multi-millionaire. And she and I have been married 21 years in a relationship that, for both of us, proved that "happily ever after" is not just a fairy tale. 

God is good, not because of what we do but because of who he is. Belief is all he asks. The rest follows. 

I like to say you can tell how much faith someone has in their brakes by how fast they drive. James was right in that one demonstrates their faith by their works, not the other way around. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

10 hours ago, nzkev said:

How can Anyone possibly disagree with this, shows a lot really,He alone is our Salvation? Is that what you hate Firm?

It looks like folks are just speaking right past each other .   I got a solution ,   though I tell us it will be attacked .

WHEN I bring it ,    you watch closely .   If you heart is after the LORD ,     you gonna see a monster that an acronym has created .

I am going to bring just simple daily reminders that the early church warned about constantly .    I , was attacked for this by some even amongst us now .

When I came to this site , I preached neither for nor against OSAS,   I preached JESUS CHRIST and gave all reminders the early church did ,   AND I was attacked for it .

WE GOTTY PROBLEMS , ONLY MOST AINT SEEING the PROBLEMS .    Just watch closely over the next few weeks when I bring simple reminders

that will neither claim nor disclaim OSAS .   YOU WATCH CLOSELY NOW .    For I have many enemies , though I myself have always JUST simply preached the very

same exhortations the early church leaders and JESUS himself said .     Either most folks wont respond    , or it will be attacked .

SO many have no idea what has happened .  THE VERY ARMOUR which was to help us daily , has been broken down and is seen as self righteous works now .

I tell us all,  satan has handed out armour by replacing the true armour of GOD which was to keep us exhorted daily .   His armour is naught but handerchiefs for an helmet

air bubbles for armour ,    holed socks for the feet ,  the loins girt with molded garments so spotted and ruined its profitable for nothing .

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

38 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

How sad, ...my heart aches for you brother...

If what you say is true, then your signature is only head knowledge and not heart knowledge, ...it's my observation, ...please, I don't say this to condemn, ...but rather in hope it would open your eyes, ...please meditate, ruminate on what is written:

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. 

See what I mean about the difference between believing in our intellect and believing in our hearts, ...it says, ...Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, ...but you admit that your faith is is not grounded, ...again, please this is an observation, ...not condemnation, ...when you say you might question your faith in the future that is trusting in your intellect, ...your own understanding, ...exactly opposite of what the verse says not to do, ...can you see that brother?

Of course we all have trails, tests and temptations, ...allowed by Father, ...sent from the enemy of our souls, to test our faith, ...but the second sentence tells us during these trying times, to acknowledge, ...the dictionary definition is: to admit and accept the existence of Truth,  HIM! 

...and HE shall direct YOUR path, ...do you think after He denied the request of His Son in the Garden because of His unfathomable, infinite love for YOU, ...to save YOU, ...that Father will direct your path in such a way that He would lose YOU???

Of course you don't, ...and this is just one of many Scriptures that confirms it:

And this is the Father's will which hath sent Me, that of all which He hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.  John 6:39

My pastor taught us to always read the verse(s) in context, and in so doing we won't come up with any beliefs that contradicts Scripture, ...anything we believe that does contradict Scripture has to be taught to us by someone other than the Holy Spirit, ...otherwise we would never come up with a belief that contradicts the Word.

Brother, in the love of Christ, may I suggest you do as I have done when I was taught by man false doctrine, ...take it before the Holy Spirit and ask Him to open your ears and bring to your remembrance when and where  you first heard,  ...that we, ...who are truly born again children of God, could turn away from Him and lose our salvation, ...and listen attentively for the whispering  hiss of the serpent saying, "...did God really say?"

I'm looking forward to talking with you, ..but I'm late for work...

Lord bless

Though I appreciate your concern, consider the truth that because I do believe people can walk away from their faith, I remain on top of what I believe, taking my personal inventory all day long.  My concern is for those, similar in beliefs like you, who think they cannot walk away and continue down their daily life as if nothing can go wrong with the false security that no matter what they do, their walk with Christ is never in danger.  Consider those who, when faced with giving an explanation of their lives, said to Christ "‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’"  What was His reply to them? "Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.  ... Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’" Matthew 7:21-23

Beware of thin ice.

2 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Would you?

Often not done with mouth but in heart .     SIN is what hardens the heart .  THUS exhort daily By the same spirit that keeps those who are HIS and exhorted on earth ,

lest any does become hardened through the deceitfulness of sin .    You wanna hear something scary ,   men like the pope , rick warren and tons and scores of others

might say JESUS in mouth but SIN has their heart FAR FROM HIM .    SIN has their heart FROM FAR HIM , THEY DONT KNOW HIM .

The pope is a liar so are them others .   But most would claim they as brethren .   more and more claim all inclusive too .

Now that we are approaching the end , what was always in the hearts of these men and women of belial , they are now even starting to say with mouth .

For in their hearts , CHRIST IS NOT and thus this is why we see the majority who professed him in mouth yet denied him in works ,  FALLLING for the all inclusive lie

of the mountain of hell that Rome sits upon as do many of her daughters ,  ALL INCLUSIVE .   

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

It looks like folks are just speaking right past each other .   I got a solution ,   though I tell us it will be attacked .

WHEN I bring it ,    you watch closely .   If you heart is after the LORD ,     you gonna see a monster that an acronym has created .

I am going to bring just simple daily reminders that the early church warned about constantly .    I , was attacked for this by some even amongst us now .

When I came to this site , I preached neither for nor against OSAS,   I preached JESUS CHRIST and gave all reminders the early church did ,   AND I was attacked for it .

WE GOTTY PROBLEMS , ONLY MOST AINT SEEING the PROBLEMS .    Just watch closely over the next few weeks when I bring simple reminders

that will neither claim nor disclaim OSAS .   YOU WATCH CLOSELY NOW .    For I have many enemies , though I myself have always JUST simply preached the very

same exhortations the early church leaders and JESUS himself said .     Either most folks wont respond    , or it will be attacked .

SO many have no idea what has happened .  THE VERY ARMOUR which was to help us daily , has been broken down and is seen as self righteous works now .

I tell us all,  satan has handed out armour by replacing the true armour of GOD which was to keep us exhorted daily .   His armour is naught but handerchiefs for an helmet

air bubbles for armour ,    holed socks for the feet ,  the loins girt with molded garments so spotted and ruined its profitable for nothing .

You must be copying and pasting from somewhere. Your line breaks are making your post extremely difficult to read. I lost your point somewhere along the line. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OneLight said:

I am not disagreeing with what you are saying, you are disagreeing with what I said.  In a nutshell, if we choose to remain in Christ, there is nothing that can come between us and God.  Yet, what is missing in that passage is our free will.  If we chose to walk away, we can.  Many people ignore the fact that our free will is the only thing that can separate us from God, by choice.  If this was not true, then why so many warnings about sin and making sure we continue in Him? 

To me, making sure we are continuing to walk with God is not being a legalist, but telling people they are not saved unless they follow certain man made laws is.   Take the wearing of pants by a female, or long hair on a male as just two examples I have heard here.  I have heard people tell others they are not saved if they do such things.  

On the other hand, if OSAS was true, then the race would be finished right at salvation.  No need to be conformed to Jesus.  No need to continue the race.

What I agree with is Eternal Security ... if we choose to follow Jesus and allow the Holy Spirit to do His work in our lives, nothing can remove us from Him, but us.  We are secured in Him forever, as long as our hearts are in Christ.  There is a difference, and as in all relationships, it is a two sided love affair.  Nothing we do can save us, but remining in Him is a choice we make every day.

I think people weaken the free will argument. There are things that are technically possible, but highly improbable. I have a free will. I dive 80 miles a day on two lane roads for the last 8 years at speeds well over 55 mph. Because I have a free will, I can choose to cross the center line and intentionally hit another car head on. I have that choice hundreds of times every day for years. But I've never made that choice. 

Just because you have free will, and a decision is technically possible, it doesn't mean it's really a concern that I may make that decision.

On the other hand, if my posts seem to stop abruptly one day, well, you will know what "possibly" happened. :)

I think people give our free will too much spiritual power. I believe He chooses us. God is fairly compelling, I've learned. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

You must be copying and pasting from somewhere. Your line breaks are making your post extremely difficult to read. I lost your point somewhere along the line. 

No.    sorry its how I write .   I done told folks my English , german , Spanish and latin are all in dire trouble .

But no , I am writing its just the way I write I guess .  

19 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

No.    sorry its how I write .   I done told folks my English , german , Spanish and latin are all in dire trouble .

But no , I am writing its just the way I write I guess .  

Something is weird. Line breaks are happening halfway across the page. 

• Thanks 1