• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

10 minutes ago, thomas t said:

Then leave it. If you know it's harsh, leave it.

Take Jesus as your example a bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not quench, until he brings justice to victory; Mt 12:20.

Hurling turn-or-burn-messages around when you can't exclude that you might hit some of these bruised reeds Jesus is talking about... is silly, I think.

It's not worth it.

Jesus never said "always keep telling what you think is true - any occasion is welcome regardless of the rest". Jesus said "make disciples". After all, context matters.

Regards,

Thomas

No, because it is the truth. I know some people do not want to hear it but sometimes people are in denial. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

16 hours ago, missmuffet said:

No, because it is the truth.

Hi Miss,

I hate your approach, that's really true: I hate it! Wholeheartedly. Truth spoken, let's turn to the subject level ;).

Are you telling me that the moment you discover an aspect of truth you think it should be spoken?

No, Bible teaches otherwise.. that's the truth.

Let's read John beginning chapter 8. A women was brought to him. She had sex with other men. Speaking truth wouold have meant telling her - right in front of 100 men - "you are an adulteress! Shame on you! Normally I don't speak with a whore like you are. People like you commit fornication. Ever heard of what God thinks of fornicators? I give you a bible verse to consider  Rev 2:21! Turn or burn! Roast in hell! Meet Satan in eternal damnation!!! Forever!!!!" ??

But Jesus didn't say a word in John 8:6. Later he did, yes. When everyone has gone.

Thomas

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

The wages of sin is death. People need to be warn. If you dont tell them they will see no reason to run to the savior. Jesus said they will be cast into fire. 

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

We must realize that the command to "repent" is almost exclusively given to "saved" people, as is evidenced by Christ's rebuke to the 7 churches in Revelation 2 & 3.

God expects non-believers to sin. He commands those whom have been enlightened to actually "turn from their wicked ways." It is "saved" people who face greater punishment for their willful  sin than do those in the world who commit the same acts. 

"that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more."
- Luke 12:47-48

And as for Eternal punishment, Jesus' Himself quotes God's Word given through the prophet Isaiah, concerning the wicked in Eternity - 

“And they shall go forth and look
Upon the corpses of the men
Who have transgressed against Me.
For their worm does not die,
And their fire is not quenched.
They shall be an abhorrence to all flesh.”
- Isaiah 66:24

And, of a Truth, the Lake of Fire is for wicked people, not all who didn't "receive Christ" in this life. 

Edited by Steve_S
Removed youtube link. Please post video links in the appropriate video forum (https://www.worthychristianforums.com/forum/144-videos/).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 5/13/2019 at 3:31 AM, Tigger56 said:

I agree with you Thomas. I believe in eternal life and I believe in an eternal death, but do not embrace the concept of Dante's description of eternal torment.

Truth is that hell like Heaven is eternal, Please read Matthew 25:31-41 Then please go to Mark 9:43-48.  When I read these verses it does not make hell sound temporary, it sounds like a forever state.  But remember God created hell for the devil and his angels.  It we are born again we don't have to worry about  eternity in hell but rather look forward to an eternity in Heaven with Jesus.  We choose our destiny.  God does not send anyone to hell but rather we do. Jesus spoke more on hell then He did on Heaven.  And I have to Tigger if there is no eternity in hell where do the non believers go and for how long. I would like scripture to back up what you are saying, because I gave you scripture to back up what I said.  And remember too the words I gave you were the words of Jesus not just some man.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/14/2019 at 5:36 PM, Melinda12 said:

Well, how do we think God deals with the likes of Hitler and the other truly evil people?  

Are we any better than Hitler? We are all sinners. 

Here is an interesting thought: If the lost are cast into everlasting torment, and "lost" means not accepting the blood of Christ as forgiveness of sins, does that not mean the Hitler and all the Jews he murdered are going to the same fate - eternal conscious torment?

4 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

The wages of sin is death. People need to be warn. If you dont tell them they will see no reason to run to the savior. Jesus said they will be cast into fire. 

I think they already know. The gospel isn't about telling people they will die. They know that. The Gospel is about telling people the good news - that Jesus paid for their sins. They need only believe.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

On 5/15/2019 at 6:41 AM, Tigger56 said:

Actually it can work that way... study and learn.... if that is your desire and approach it with a true Berean attitude and not the one you are showing here. You state I said the Lord is wrong. That is arrogant and hateful for I never said the Lord Jesus is wrong about anything. Rather, please understand your interpretation of scripture is wrong. I don't reveal "new revelation", it is only new to you and perhaps others. Eternal life is for the righteous, eternal punishment (the final death) is also for the evil doer. It never states eternal torment. It amazes me that so many seem to desire to believe in a God that would torment someone throughout eternity. No actually it doesn't amaze me, it saddens me. The belief in "eternal torment" is a belief that God has an eternal hate instead of eternal love and that is totally and completely wrong. Truthfully one of the greatest scriptures to go against all of your interpretations isn't necessarily going through all the Bible, it can be found in one scripture.... I John 4:16. That one scripture would be wrong if there is a God who would allow eternal torment and torture. I can't stand to see anyone or anything suffer, yet so many Christians seem more than ready to declare that upon others. 

For some reason, I don't have the ability to "react" to posts on this thread, so I will just say it: "this is worthy".

On 5/15/2019 at 4:25 AM, JustPassingThru said:

Sorry bro, it doesn't work that way...

If you are going to present a new revelation that refutes 2000 years of Church history, ...but even more important that that, you go against the very Word of Jesus Christ:

AndG2532 theseG3778 shall go awayG565 intoG1519 everlasting G166 punishment:G2851 butG1161 theG3588 righteousG1342 intoG1519 lifeG2222 eternal. G166  Matt 25:46

Please notice what He said, the words everlasting and eternal have the same Strong's number G 166

Here's the meaning of those two words:

G 166
αἰώνιος
aiōnios
Thayer Definition:
1) without beginning and end, that which always has been and always will be
2) without beginning
3) without end, never to cease, everlasting

Jesus said there will be an eternal, everlasting life for those that are righteous and an everlasting punishment for those that are not!

So in that case, what you are saying, since punishment is not everlasting-eternal, ...then our salvation is not everlasting-eternal.  

The responsibility of showing us Scripture to prove your hypothesis that Jesus Christ is wrong is on you.

Just read this: http://www.jewishnotgreek.com/

It's all there, and surprisingly concise.

On 5/14/2019 at 11:17 AM, enoob57 said:

anyone who denies the clear Biblical statements that the fire is torment and not consuming

I'm confused. Does it torment, or does it consume? And once someone is consumed by the fire, how are they tormented? Do they get rebuilt or something? 

Inquiring minds want to know. :)