• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,701
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

22 hours ago, choir loft said:

using resources they have not contributed to by means of taxes or service.

Hi, I just was just re reading some of the comments on the thread. Going to pick on this one  for just a bit to aid in my own thinking.

Is it required that the poor contribute  before receiving any benefit? I had not heard nor read of that as a Bible principle before.  

Conversely can a rich  person buy their way into the USA, as is the case with many nations that meet rather substantial minimum asset requirements for long term entry and/or citizenship?

Why even my eternal salvation was granted me before  I contributed any benefit. I still haven't contributed any benefit far as I know.

I do  read and hear of the idea the USA should have such a goal, that we don't need poor people; instead we do need just those that bring assets with them, because we cannot afford to share. That pretty much makes the USA  no different than much  of the rest of the world.

I kinda like the distinction that was cast in bronze at Ellis Island NY Harbor NY. Seems to be a higher standard for the host  not be that respecter of persons and counter of their assets with an eye out for personal gain.

If we are to say what our Lord was or was not during His two year ministry here, I think I can say He was not a respecter of persons, plus that He railed against those that were.

“Give me your tired, your poor, 
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, 
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. 
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me: 
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

Emma Lazarus

Guest PinkBelt

You have to physically be in the country in order to ask for Asylum. It amazes me the stubbornness with which people ignore this fact.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

On 6/28/2019 at 1:24 PM, PinkBelt said:

You have to physically be in the country in order to ask for Asylum. It amazes me the stubbornness with which people ignore this fact.

This is true. I read this information from the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services web site.  It says..... To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States. You may apply for asylum status regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status.    https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/asylum/obtaining-asylum-united-states

There is a lot of information on this site and I learn stuff that I did not know. It is worth checking out so we have all the facts of the matter to go on.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,026
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,362
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

I just read about a six foot alligator which is a danger to migrants trying to cross/swim the Rio Grande over to Texas!   Don't think I'd be making that swim!