• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,626
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, This is question within me more than general discussion points , but I don't know a better place to put the interest concern and question. So I place it here for discussion.

Please hold back  for a bit anyway  from delivering your own present conclusion about the politcs, and instead enter into the question; are there really desperate people fleeing into the USA today? If so are their reasons so greatly different from the people's reasons for fleeing to  America so long ago that founded this country?  

I know the concern over crime and criminals and drugs. I am also greatly concerned - I am trying to also see the individual faces of poverty to near death, and perhaps the desperation that leads one to make the "run" to the USA today for the purpose of learning;  do I have a call to be involved and if so at what level to what cause and towards what end?

I am an old man. I speak only English, I do have a bride younger than myself who is fluent in Spanish, and has traveled  a large portion of the areas from which people are fleeing. I feel I am largely ignorant of the land and of the peoples especially so by comparison. I also think I need be less detached, and perhaps be much  more involved, but I do not even have a  concise thinking, nor any basis for any conclusion other than what  passes as politics in the USA.

I perhaps do not need  just a what would Jesus do moment for myself as I do need a what  will I do if anything  moment  so  that I prepare and if led to do so get more than passively involved.

How is it all affecting your own mind and heart? I'd like to read of it, - in hope that  I may be better enlightened and gain more than an abstract prayer to my creator to present in my concern over the plight of others with their need, and with their desires.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I live in a border state. The illegals today are not like they were years ago. They have a mindset of pillaging the us. We constantly see in the news about the damage they do and thats despite the pro illegal bias of the local media.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

How is it all affecting your own mind and health?

There is a great concern here in America about this. Since this topic is aimed specifically towards illegals, I'm not in favor of it. At all. It is an involved process to become a citizen in the US, but it should be the primary goal of those making full intent of staying here permanently.

I've seen many who have, and made fine upstanding examples. The problem is, we have the cartel making millions here with their import of illicit drugs. This is killing us by numbers in hundreds of thousands, unfortunately. And it seems no signs of slowing. God help us, because we as a nation are quickly sinking. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thanks 1

Yep there has been a tremendous problem of illegal drug use  and trafficking since the 1930's at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Yep there has been a tremendous problem of illegal drug use  and trafficking since the 1930's at least.

This is very true. In the past it was the influx of south of the border barbiturates, amphetamines, low-grade heroin, and cheap cannabis. Now it's given have given way to super toxic high grade methamphetamine, nearly pure cocaine, and potent vein-clogging black tar heroin. And it's destroying  the lives of not only today's youth.   

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

The cartels have a large presence in arizona with manned lookouts on the local mountains. They pay thousands to poor indians who live near the border to cross the border with drugs. Good money for an extremely poor tribe with unemployment well over 50%. We really need the wall.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ayin jade said:

We really need the wall.

We most certainly do. And fortunately, it will also deter the methods of tunneling into the US as well. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

I live along the border in Arizona, folks up north have no clue of the dangers of illegal aliens. They litter our land, steal, rob, rape and bring disease as well. It's no  wonder why the majority of folks down here carry firearms.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

It is illegal to come into the USA illegally. It is a crime. It is not good to bring criminal activities into the USA as well. But I am ok for them to be in the USA legally if they up hold all of our laws. I also think if they come into the USA they need to learn our language. 

• Thanks 1

Hi, and Thanks all,

I did get to thinking about the word illegals. Illegals, are "they" illegals though? The Cubans that fled to Florida were illegal if caught while still in the water, but quite legal if they had one foot on the shore and asked for asylum. Seems to me it is similar now all along the southern lands border. A person may be illegal  until they  ask for asylum. Then  they are legally inside the USA for  having asked.

It is all nutty as can be. Yet  it is reality  today, so what  of the refugee, the person or the family that  has made the treck perhaps 1800 miles and survived? Each of them are a human being created by the same God that has created me. Each  of them are here, inconvenient as that is for me who is already heavily supporting the great society  of Lyndon Banes Johnson.  None the less ever more are coming here, and they are for real.

Just how many do I shoot if I am "pack'n"? Do I shoot someone because they litter the desert? Should I shoot someone because they are starving and will steal to get nourishment rather than die of starvation and dehydration? What of the drug runners? Are they worse than their customers? Seems to me if there are no customers then there will be no drug runners, so is it proper to shoot the drug customers? All rhetorical questions. The answer is an obvious no! Of course not. The bravado  of "pack'n" isn't going to be an answer to a real problem.

Seems to me the USA  and even some of Europe is a victim of it's own success. And also is now captive to it's failure to allow a flourishing Christian  community to aid the poor the tired and the hungry as simple service in the name of our Lord Jesus. 

Government intrusion has made that a rather difficult process; where once we set up tents and feed the homeless now the local government made permiting fo rsuch activity  an impossibility, zoned us out of business of helping to feed the poor, because the poor were an undeserable sight  to behold in the other wise fine city atmosphere. Where once I  was able to distribute bread and rolls and foods from restaurants. The restaurants find they can no longer give the supplies, because of the risk that  the items might get transported in non compliant  transportation vehicles and they will run afoul of the local health laws and get sued.

On the one hand I cannot single out an illegal cannot refuse o employ one, but on th eothe rhand once notified by  government tha I have an illegal employ I am subject to a $1500 a day fine. We live in Madhatter-ville. That is the reality  of the unsaved world that I am in, but not a part of. Since I am in,  but not part of, what is my own responsibility, how do I serve my creator Jesus, God who also created the "so called illegal"?

Seems it is easier and clean and clear cut for some to see what they are to do, but it is a most tough one for me. And so I do appreciate commentary from  other brothers and sisters. I do thank you all.

• Loved it! 1