nobleseed

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

@noblenut Thanks for your brilliant post! This is something that has been heavy on my heart lately. I agree with you that the simple approach to God is the one He desires. 

On 5/29/2019 at 1:21 AM, noblenut said:

am sure God does not want complex doctrines but rather simple belief and faith in him

The endeavour to analyze scripture to pieces leads to writing books about  the Bible. Sometimes it is an effort to brag about supposed revelations from God via the twisting (misinterpretation) of scripture.

Christians often wind up in the pitfall of too much knowledge.

"But knowledge puffs up while love builds up. Those who think they know something do not yet know as they ought to know." (1 Cor 8:1-2)

"And by these, my son, be further warned: There is no end to the making of many books, and much study wearies the body." (Eccles 12:12)

At that time, Jesus answered, "I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you hid these things from the wise and understanding, and revealed them to infants. (Matthew 11:25)

Be content to take the scriptures at face value. Simple Is Saner. :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,268
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/29/2019 at 1:21 AM, noblenut said:

i am sure God does not want complex doctrines but rather simple belief and faith in him

Ecclesiastes 7;16  
"Do not be overly righteous, and do not make yourself too wise. Why should you destroy yourself?"

Romans 12:3
For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but think of yourself with sober judgment, according to the measure of faith God has given you.

Ecclesiastes 12:12
And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

And, of coarse;

Genesis 3:6
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
And, here we are.........

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, turtletwo said:

@noblenut Thanks for your brilliant post! This is something that has been heavy on my heart lately. I agree with you that the simple approach to God is the one He desires. 

The endeavour to analyze scripture to pieces leads to writing books about  the Bible. Sometimes it is an effort to brag about supposed revelations from God via the twisting (misinterpretation) of scripture.

Christians often wind up in the pitfall of too much knowledge.

"But knowledge puffs up while love builds up. Those who think they know something do not yet know as they ought to know." (1 Cor 8:1-2)

"And by these, my son, be further warned: There is no end to the making of many books, and much study wearies the body." (Eccles 12:12)

At that time, Jesus answered, "I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you hid these things from the wise and understanding, and revealed them to infants. (Matthew 11:25)

Be content to take the scriptures at face value. Simple Is Saner. :)

The thinker, brain of man ,    can be a dangerous beast .    I have seen ,    oh I have seen a grave and grievous danger in the land

overthinking people who are always learning but never able to come to the Truth .

Always debating and using the wisdom of men to interpret scripture and in so doing can never see what a simple humble child of GOD does see .

an example .

Lets say the apostle paul said ,   church the sky is blue .     

Men come along that were made wise by the intellect of men and say ,   alas you have to apply a device men invented to understand what this verse is saying .

And then they turn around and say ,   with hermes we see and know that he cannot mean the sky is really blue .       YET IT IS simply what he meant .

I call this the billion trees analogy .    its like a man that went on a long journey and he had a book with him .    The book contained all the knowledge , wisdom

and understanding of what a forest truly is .   And His Father gave him all that was necessary by the SPIRIT so that he could grasp what he read .

He then comes to a forest and shouts with joy , OH alas what a beautiful forest this truly is .

Along comes a world wise man of hermes and says WHY are you so happy and leaping for joy .    And the man says ,  by grace my Father put me n this holy book

and by Grace in Christ he gave me the understanding so as I could clearly see a forest and know it when I saw it .

And the wise man of hermes said ,   My little man ,  you are as a simple child ,   you must become a wise man .    Here let me help you to grasp that book .

And the simple child like man says ,  BUT my Father has supplied IN HIS SPIRIT all that I need to have to be able to discern the very book that MY FATHER inspired BY HIS SPIRIT .

And the world wise hermes man says ,   Silly child ,  show respect unto my highly attained wisdom ,   you are but a simpleton , I have been taught by the wisest of men .

SO take heed to me and listen .    So the world wise man continues ,   You see that forest you claim to be a forest ,    it is no forest

Its just billions of trees .