Forgiveness

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Just because I want absolutely nothing to do with certain people doesn't mean that I didn't forgive them. How do you open yourself back up again without being spiritually violated by those same people? It feels like sexual violation as well. I just dont want these people to have access to me within and they do and idk what to do to stop it. It just happens against my will. Does a person have to experience the pain of something all over again in order to be/get free from it? Something and/or bad somethings happened to me at this particular church esp. on a specific day and I sense that many people are covering it up protecting the parties involved and it ought not to be. May the truth set us all free. Lord help me.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,028
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,370
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

I agree that you can forgive but move on to a different church if you are so led.   If you start to feel badly about what happened there, just pray for them.   This will help you to heal more.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, RarexxRose said:

Just because I want absolutely nothing to do with certain people doesn't mean that I didn't forgive them. How do you open yourself back up again without being spiritually violated by those same people? It feels like sexual violation as well. I just dont want these people to have access to me within and they do and idk what to do to stop it. It just happens against my will. Does a person have to experience the pain of something all over again in order to be/get free from it? Something and/or bad somethings happened to me at this particular church esp. on a specific day and I sense that many people are covering it up protecting the parties involved and it ought not to be. May the truth set us all free. Lord help me.

I think this is something you should discuss with an experienced Christian counselor or pastor.  Preferably one NOT associated with your current church.  Such a person could hear your entire story and be able to give you solid advice and counsel about how to deal with it and how to determine what your best course of action is going forward.   There are some good people on this site who will give solid advice and others who may have similar testimonies who can share, but that is still not the same as having an experienced mature Christian who can be alongside you in person to pray to discern what direction God is leading you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

10 hours ago, RarexxRose said:

One question. Did these people say that they were sorry for hurting/taking advantage or harming you?

If they have not. You do not need to forgive them All you do is tell God about what they've done, how it as affected you and how you feel about it and leave it to God to heal you and deal with them.

If in a church situation talk to an elder, that elder should start church discipline proceedings.

If the church will not take your report serious write to the elders/church councel, any supervisory body explaining the incident, the churches lack of responce and formaly resign because of their lack of love and care.

Then have nothing to do with those people who hurt you. Literaly cross the road, leave a shop etc if they are there.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 5/29/2019 at 7:24 PM, RarexxRose said:

I like Scotty's Star Trek quote: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." We need to protect ourselves from people who would hurt us. That can mean avoiding and ignoring certain people as much as possible, until they've repented of past behavior.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/30/2019 at 3:47 PM, PromisesPromises! said:

Hi Rose... I'm sorry you have been so terribly hurt.   You do not have to allow access within, and the Bible instructs you how to stop it.  It may take some practice, but with God's help, their influence over your thoughts will fade.  

2 Corinthians 10:4-5...  The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world.  On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.  We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ.

You may be wondering what these weapons are and where to find them.  Ephesians 6:11 tells you (us) to "put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." Satan wants to make you fearful, distrustful, suspicious.... He wants to separate you from the godly influences in your life, make Christians seem distasteful to you, make you "hate" the church.  He used the people who hurt you to try and do all those things.  Yet you are here, and he has not and will not succeed!  

Ephesians 6:14-18 New International Version (NIV)

14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

Before your feet even touch the floor in the morning, plan your spiritual wardrobe.  

Thank you...growth and teaching for others at my expense ? ☺ Although I didn't have to learn this way.....it is what it is...LIFE

10 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I like Scotty's Star Trek quote: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." We need to protect ourselves from people who would hurt us. That can mean avoiding and ignoring certain people as much as possible, until they've repented of past behavior.

better have that covering!! Whoever said money and family weren't a covering tool was a lie! ?

Edited by RarexxRose
added/additional truth(s)

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 5/30/2019 at 3:24 AM, RarexxRose said:

Does a person have to experience the pain of something all over again in order to be/get free from it?

Forgiveness is upto you. Its is yours to give away or not.