• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On 6/10/2019 at 2:22 PM, cantankerous5 said:

I frankly do not understand Christians who believe that they are saved regardless of what horrible sin they may commit after "accepting Christ"

Jesus said to the woman caught in adultery: Go and sin no more

He did not say "Go and sin no more.. unless you have accepted me as your savior, in which  case: Never mind giving up sin"

He also didn't say, "go and sin no more because your eternal life depends on it." The wages of sin is death. Further, sin destroys joy. But we are all in sinful flesh. Salvation is about eternal life. We have all sinned and need to accept his free gift to be freed from all sins, past, present and future. 

Have you ever watched a kid trying to learn to ride a bicycle and he sees an obstacle right in front of him? He seems to zig and zag and crash right into the obstacle. It's because he's focused on the obstacle and rides right into it. 

We do the same thing with sin. Rather than focus on your sin, do what God does: Forgive yourself and focus on what is not sin. The works will take care of themself, though you will hit the occasional tree. When that happens, pick yourself up and turn your back on the tree and continue on your way, knowing the tree is behind you and now forgotten. The key is to stop looking at the trees and look at the road. Stop looking at your sins (or potential sins - temptations) and focus on the narrow path. Sure, you're going to trip up from time to time. Everyone (except Jesus) did and does. That's not what salvation is about.

Salvation is about forgiveness. Dad wrote you in the will. The only way you're getting out of it is to deny him - even if he has to bail you out of jail from time to time. He may not be pleased, and you should knock off the bad behavior, but he's not writing you out of the will. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Who are (some of ) the ones who are not forgiven ?    (not just the one unforgivable sin, unless that one unforgivable sin includes these also > )

The ones who never turn to Yahuweh (God) to be forgiven or healed or saved).

The ones who taste of the truth, of the heavenlies,  and then turn and trample it underfoot ("there no longer remains any sacrifice for their sins).

The ones who are , after judgment day, destroyed in the lake of fire .  (this might include all the above and any others who are not forgiven their sin(s)) ....

The ones who worship (serve) demons , and refuse to repent. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, Cletus said:

I agree.  but if eternal security is a thing why would the enemy waste his time trying to tempt us?   if there was nothing the enemy could do because of eternal security there would be no reason for him to tempt us.  He even Tempted Jesus did he not? 

it is true no external force can snatch us from His hand, but there is more than one way to skin a cat, isnt there? 

if there was nothing the enemy could do because of eternal security why then are there so many wolves, aka those infested with the spirit of antiChrist in the church back in Pauls day, and even today?

here is a big clue...

Job 1:9  Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
Job 1:10  Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
Job 1:11  But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.

2 Dennis 4:11   Misery loves company.

Satan doesn't want us to be the 'salt and the light'. Leading a righteous life following Jesus as an example to others for the Kingdom of God.  Knowing you're not going to win, you take as many with you as you can. Satan is the father of lies and deceit, and does not want us to be filled with joy and close fellowship. He already owns those whom have not accepted Christ as their Savior. Why should he waste his time with what he already claims? That's my reasoning anyway...

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Cletus said:

and if salt has lost its saltyness its really only good for what? 

For nothing , but to be cast out and trodden under foot .      As our LORD did say .     SO have salt in yourselves .  

Its a war for the souls of men .   And only JESUS saves .   But if we deny the faith , HE WILL deny us .

I want to give us two examples of denying the faith .   The first example I am sure all will agree with .

The second example is going to create probably yet another fight .

But its why I am going to quoate RIGHT from the scrips .

IF we deny HIM as Lord He will deny us .   Any other religion , or mindset such as inclusvism , THUS IS FALSE .   For HE is the ONLY WAY and we must

believe from the heart and confess with the mouth .

Now for the second part .    IF any provides not for his own .    Now remember one of JESUS MANY MANY sayings was provide for the poor and etc .

SO lets continue .  IF any provides not for his own ,    HE HAS DENIED THE FAITH and is worse than an infidel .

AM I saying that if we are hearers only and not doers we are deceived .   YES I AM .

Folks the early church knew , For they had sat under JESUS HIMSELF and not men of their own precepts and doctrines .

And paul had a direct revelation on that road .

SO they knew .     A quick trivia question .   WHO DO YOU think I am going to follow ,  men who teach what many teach today ,

OR JESUS and what is in that BIBLE the true ones wrote .     EXACTLY .    JESUS and feasting on pure sound bible doctrine .   

2 hours ago, Cletus said:

and if salt has lost its saltyness its really only good for what? 

If I recall,  He even says it aint fit for the dung hill .      not even for the dung hill .    HAVE SALT IN YOURSELVES .      OH let all rejoice in and praise the LORD . 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

On 6/11/2019 at 4:04 PM, simplejeff said:

Who are (some of ) the ones who are not forgiven ?    (not just the one unforgivable sin, unless that one unforgivable sin includes these also > )

The ones who never turn to Yahuweh (God) to be forgiven or healed or saved).

The ones who taste of the truth, of the heavenlies,  and then turn and trample it underfoot ("there no longer remains any sacrifice for their sins).

The ones who are , after judgment day, destroyed in the lake of fire .  (this might include all the above and any others who are not forgiven their sin(s)) ....

The ones who worship (serve) demons , and refuse to repent. 

Anybody who tries to be justified before  God By their own righteousness.

Anybody that preaches a different Gospel than Paul preached in 1Cor15:1-4

28 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Lets ask JEFF if he thinks he can be justified by the law or attain his own righteousness and be saved outside of Christ .

He will tell you NO .    BB,    its not going to help if you accuse some of us wrongly man .    No one here thinks they can be justified by the law

They know and I Know if we stand trying to be justified by the law , we have fallen from Grace .  

But those who are HIS truly know if one is  a hearer only and not a doer , they truly do deceive themselves . 

BB,   I want you to do a great thing .    For the next two weeks , read the new testament for three hours a day .  Just do it .     Make the time and watch the blessing that arises . 

2 hours ago, Tampered With said:

I once had a bible professor that stated that salvation is not something that once you have can be taken from you however the individual can choose to discard it. So if we hold fast to Jesus then we are good however if we reject and deny Him cleaving to evil then....

AKA.     Be looking diligently lest any man FAIL OF the Grace of GOD .  

Yep paul says that .    If we do not continue in Christ , taking heed unto HIM ,   we will surly fail of the grace of GOD .    He is our hope , lets folks continue In HIM

IN the goodness of GOD , otherswise they will be cut off .    

If  a man continues not in me he shall be cast out ,  that branch cut off .     Folks they all knew it .

And now a reminder from peter .  SEEING YOU KNOW these things BEFORE ,  BEWARE lest any be led away with the ERROR of the wicked and fall from His own steadfastness .

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

18 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Lets ask JEFF if he thinks he can be justified by the law or attain his own righteousness and be saved outside of Christ .

He will tell you NO .    BB,    its not going to help if you accuse some of us wrongly man .    No one here thinks they can be justified by the law

They know and I Know if we stand trying to be justified by the law , we have fallen from Grace .  

But those who are HIS truly know if one is  a hearer only and not a doer , they truly do deceive themselves . 

BB,   I want you to do a great thing .    For the next two weeks , read the new testament for three hours a day .  Just do it .     Make the time and watch the blessing that arises . 

That was not meant to be an insult to Jeff......I was just trying to add to his list of no- no’s

As for the Bible reading.....been there,done that.....from my perspective, you need to follow your own advice.....pray for God to open your eyes as you read.....that’s what I do.....

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

52 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

IS accursed and has fallen from grace .  THAT is the answer to both those questions .     So let no man heed ROME or any who desires unity with that .    For I hear

many preaching a go spell .     And not the gospel .      Its a spell and they go , are going in the total wrong direction . HENCE ,  its a go spell.  Going under a spell .