IGNORED

Sleeping In, Late Breakfast, A Few Tasks, Happy Days.

Michael37

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,945
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

It was colder this morning. Glad I put an extra blanket on the bed. Turned the gas heater in the hall on when I got up to answer the call of nature, and went straight back to bed. Slept in again, a good few hours until the phone went. "I know you're not an early riser," my friend on the phone said, "so I didn't call first thing." No problem, it was time I got up and cooked myself some eggs and hash browns for breakfast.

The day went well, another friend is on the mend after a rather bad cold and dose of something, this I learned after texting his boarder and having our prayers answered gladdens us. It was a sunny winter day and I've tasked myself with building a stacker tower from aluminium to put my organisers in. These contain the small fasteners, fittings, and knick-knacks I use and currently I have to lift the top trays off to get to the one's underneath, so I've scored some unwanted aluminium sheets from a brother-in-Christ and today I managed to put the saw through the last three cuts I had marked out and now it's ready to be assembled all bar the 36 hex-bolts I'll have to buy.

We had an absolutely wonderful day of fellowship here at home last Saturday. The ekklesia began arriving at 10 am and we shared the Word of God and enjoyed good food, and of course celebrated the Lord's Supper. We were all edified and comforted as we yeilded to the Holy Spirit's leading. My wife had baked muffins which were excellent, as was the whole day of fellowship in faith towards God.

It's 9.53pm Tuesday night now, too early to log off Worthy, and if I get into something that keeps me up late, no problem, I'll just sleep in late tomorrow.

Happy Days. 

Col 1:9-14

(9) On account of this we also, since the day we heard, do not cease praying for you, and asking that you may be filled with the full knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

(10) that you should walk worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit and increasing in the full knowledge of God;

(11) being strengthened with all power, according to the might of His glory, for all endurance and longsuffering with joy;

(12) giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in the light.

(13) He has delivered us from the dominion of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,

(14) in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Happy is the man whose work is his play. For no matter the time  he is at rest.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Happy is the man whose work is his play. For no matter the time  he is at rest.

I agree wholeheartedly, Neighbor. I hope things are going well with you. I'm not sure exactly what part of the USA you are from but I pray you will have enjoyable days in the season you are going through.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

I agree wholeheartedly, Neighbor. I hope things are going well with you. I'm not sure exactly what part of the USA you are from but I pray you will have enjoyable days in the season you are going through.

Suncoast  of Florida USA. Used to be beaches,  rural jungle,  streams and rivers, and a scenic highway, but now is endless suburbs and highway signal lights on every intersection. used to be we didn't even have stop signs.

Yes I am having enjoyable days too! Have just fought through using this ol' beat up body to do some remodel on my own home in the "city" now have a very quiet place to read, and have also just acquired a place of retreat in the mountains along with with a couple of lots there. Looking forward to being in the mountains out of the tropical heat  for the first time in over three decades.

I am busy once again, but the pace is slow, enjoyably so as the body just rebels after about five hours laboring at what  I do enjoy, and so I just nap, then I too scan worthy, read reading in the Bible and watch a little of my Rays Baseball team. Pretty simple life at this point. Plus I have been led to a new to me church,one that is really exciting to be part of, I still love my old church, but have just simply been led to move on. Guess I will soon see why. Have friends at both. Plus, we have been led to one church in the mountains too. So it is good, very good here. We are so very privileged.

Great to  "chat/ message" on Worthy  across continents. May God bless your day.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Suncoast  of Florida USA.

You must be an early riser, Neighbor. I searched the time in your zone. Good man.

image.png.deb6a731a3193e9ca00606de79320796.png

14 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

You must be an early riser, Neighbor. I searched the time in your zone. Good man.

image.png.deb6a731a3193e9ca00606de79320796.png

I slept in today. I usually get up around 4:00 AM. Old bodies don't require much sustained sleep. Much  of my life I was in service industries on call and would not be on  the typical eight hours sleep with  a 9 t0 5 job. Sustained sleep was a rare privilege, and now I guess I just don't need it anyway.

I had to think, are you ahead of me or behind, where is that international dateline.

Yep almost 7:30 now. I got a little adjustment of my air conditioning duct work done and have taken a coffee break, can't do noisy stuff yet, spouse sleeps late and the neighbors well they don't much like a miter saw whining this time o day.

Guess you are just about to head into Wednesday tomorrow, as I am just starting out with some daylight Tuesday.  Wonder how that works out, - with the rapture to come?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I slept in today. I usually get up around 4:00 AM. Old bodies don't require much sustained sleep. Much  of my life I was in service industries on call and would not be on  the typical eight hours sleep and a 9 t0 5 job.

I had to think, are you ahead of me or behind, where is that international dateline.

Yep almost 7:30 now. I got a little adjustment of my air conditioning duct work done and have taken a coffee break, can't do noisy stuff yet, spouse sleeps late and the neighbors well they don't much like a miter saw whining this time o day.

New Zealand is way ahead of most of the world. Apart from some Pacific Islands that have special insets apart from the dateline, like Kiriabati, NZ is the first to welcome the new day. 

image.png.4926a92f2994e43d9989c3a0172a3288.png

image.png.b926dd95373f691046a0423b8e2d347b.png

10 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Guess you are just about to head into Wednesday tomorrow, as I am just starting out with some daylight Tuesday.  Wonder how that works out, - with the rapture to come?

Won't matter if it happens that in the twinkling of an eye we are all transported from around the world to be with the Lord who apparently returns where He ascended.

Act 1:10-11

(10) And while they looked intently into heaven, while He was going, behold, two men stood along side them in white apparel,

(11) who also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him going into heaven."

New Zealand  is way ahead, Yep.

BUT if the rapture is so,  and if it will occur at a time of the  sunset. Will that be local sunset for each  of us and we we sweep on out in a continuous stream, or might we all just lift off in a 360 degree radiating lift off? And will it be Greenwich time, or the time at the time of sunset at  the wall  as the sun goes down at Jerusalem? Just a simple curiosity born of video representations of the rapture. I never see one that shows us lifting up and away in a 360 degree expanding circle all at the same time. it is always more like a Santa's sleigh ride with this drifting comet tail like visual as "Santa" deliver's packages.

Funny how the mind visualizes spectulation.