IGNORED

anxiety and struggling with reading the bible...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,257
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/26/2019 at 11:16 PM, Figure of eighty said:

So I've struggle with anxiety all my life. I always have to have distractions so I won't get to tangled in my own mind and thoughts-- Like having my computer up and phone going at the same time. Id really appreciate if there's a Christian youtuber you guys could recommend that struggles with mental illness and still manages to do things like read and pray so I can use them as a guide and inspiration...

Like tonight I wanted to read but my mind felt blank and then idk I had a bit of scrupulosity hit me... so I just couldn't read really.  

Id really love to trust God and lay things like anxiety and fear at his feet but I'm not sure where to start

I really find when my mind is plagued by anxiety I pray more easily than read. 

Other members that struggle with mental illness, how do you manage to read the bible in the height of your illness?  

Thanks for all the replies. 

The bible is the most healing book one can find to overcome mental illness.

If you for now do not have the patience to read,  just talk to God and ask Him to help you find Him for ALL your concerns in your life and to keep you safe and to help you trust in Him more and more. There is audio bible you can find online as well, and many good sermons preaching His Word, that you can listen to.

The more you can place your trust in Christ Jesus our good shepherd, Lord and Savior, the more He is abled to help you get better and get healed from all that you need to overcome.

God our great salvageur can take you out of any deep pit, where men could not, and that includes anxiety, depression, anger, fear, addictions,. trauma/sin, that came into your life and transform you back to His wholesomeness, if only He be called upon.

God did not come but to give you health, joy, peace and love and a SOUND MIND and more abundantly so.

John 10:10

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

2 Timothy 1:7

7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Most mental illnesses have the component of FEAR in them. They are FEAR based.

They come from Trauma/sin that came to us , either through the genes(tainted blood of man's fallen nature),Trauma at conception, in the womb,during birth, infancy, childhood, early childhood, teenage years, early adulthood, adulthood, old age.  Every Trauma/sin that we are exposed to can open portals for satan to come make his home in us and chain us up through many fears, anger, resentment, unforgivenss.

satan works in peoples minds through fear, anger, resentments, unforgiveness and without Gods help, keeps us chained, stagnant and sick that way.

Christ Jesus whose yoke is easy and whom we are to place our trust in comes from redemption unto true love, wholesomeness , forgiveness, and His peace that is not of this world.

Matthew 11:28-30

Christ Jesus said:

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

2Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

3For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light

John 16:33

Chirist Jesus said:

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

satan has no power over us when we place ALL our trust in Him and make the choice to follow Him and have daily fellowship with Him, by becoming doers of His Word, by becoming more and more His new creation, by becoming more and more Christ-like.

The less we follow the things of the world and place importance in them, and the more we follow God and His precepts of Truth that are found in the bible, the more we overcome.

You CAN overcome, FEAR, ANGER, RESENTMENTS,UNFORGIVENESS that ALL lead to : Anxiety, Fear ,Depression, Mental sickness and addictions that opened a door for satan to place strongholds on our lives, through the shock of having been violated/accosted by evil to begin with , and from there, seeking alternative remedies other than Gods help through His Word and relationship with Him (as we did not know better at the time) just piled more sin on top of the initial sin/trauma.  Thus we lost Gods wholesomeness in us and instead developed sick mental coping behaviors, that people call : mental illness.

Today as the world is becoming ever wicked all over the world, mental illness is everywhere  . From mild to severe, mental illness belongs to a sick depraved world.

We as Christians are called to come out of this world and become seperate and holy:

2 Corinthians 6:17

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

Most people with anxiety, depression harbor a lot of fear/anger, resentment, unforgiveness in them that is unresolved and that gives satan a foothold in their lives until we allow God to cast away these demons of fear, anxiety, depression, anger, unforgivenss from us through the Blood of Christ Jesus and us taking responsibility in Him and begin  trusting/obeying/following His Word

What does one watch, eat, drink,drug, smoke during the day, evening, night?

What does one Do with oneself in thought and action during the day, evening, night?

Our conduct and choice of conduct ether keeps us bound in satans chains or frees us through trusting & fellowshiping with and in Him and His Word.

Its so easy pointing the blame to everyone & everything other than our own selves and what we have become through having allowed sin/trauma to come make a home in our mind, body and soul.

For sure its not ok that tauma/sin corrupted us and violated our innocence and tried to rob our souls away from our creator Father God. But God made for us a provision through His Only begotten Son Christ Jesus to buy ALL mankind back from the stronghold of sin, if only we make the choice to follow Him instead of choosing to keep our anger, fear, resentments, unforgiveness.

The Blood of Christ Jesus was shed to heal us of ALL from what satan has tried to steal away through trauma/sin.

Let a man examine himself

it does not say: let a man point the finger at someone else,it says let a man examine himself.

How frequently do you participate in the taking of the Lords super?

There is healing in taking the Lords super, when we truthfully follow Christ Jesus.

when we do not Truthfully follow Christ Jesus we remain stagnant/asleep in our  sin/trauma/sicknesses

1Corinthians 11:23-32

23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which He was betrayed took bread:

24 And when He had given thanks, He brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also He took the cup, when He had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

2For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till He come.

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

2But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

When we choose to turn our lives over to the care of God and place our trust,faith,faithfulness in Him through truly following Him and His Word, He becomes ABLE to chasten=bring to our awareness, our wrongs, help us change and grow more and more into His new creations, tearing and freeing away, step by step the chains of sin/trauma that have kept us bound and enslaved in the chains of fear, anger, resentment,unforgiveness, depression.

John 8:34-36

34 Christ Jesus answered them, Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Proverbs 3:5-6

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Philippians 4:6-7

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 1:7

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

I testify to all that I write, from my own life trauma/sin, me a sinner, redeemed by His Mercy and Grace and freed from the many bandages and strongholds that satan chained me with. It is ONLY by His Mercy and Grace that I have been healed thus far of so much that satan tried to rob me of. And yes His WORD is TRUTH,  there is real beautiful peace that HE gives us, that this world cannot ever give us, when we make the decision of placing our trust, faith, faithfulness in Him and His Word. Amen! Amen! Amen!

For we do not wrestle with flesh and blood but with evil principalities that have corrupted this world.

To fight this evil world everyday we are to put on the whole armor of God:

Ephesians 6:10-20

The Whole Armor of God

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—

Edited by 1to3
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Here is a poem by William Stafford:

I glanced at her and took my glasses
off--they were still singing. They buzzed
like a locust on the coffee table and then
ceased. Her voice belled forth, and the
sunlight bent. I felt the ceiling arch, and
knew that nails up there took a new grip
on whatever they touched. "I am your own
way of looking at things," she said. "When
you allow me to live with you, every
glance at the world around you will be
a sort of salvation." And I took her hand.

Sometimes our anxiety is due to the fear of how to percieve.  You can say it this way, we fear the light that might get uncovered if we allow ourselves to truly percieve the way we are ment to, without all the falsities.

We can call this anxiety our own shadow, it is indeed hard to look at, cause it is false. When you read the Bible, maybe it is the light that is showing you your shadow, your inner turmoil.

Don't believe in yourself, we lie to ourselves, trust in the good (God), and trust in Jesus.

Also, maybe it would do you good with this simple excersice: just sit down and relax, and try to observe your own thoughts without going into them, just look at them in an objective way, just observe how thoughts always comes and goes. And feel: just feel the thoughts, bad thoughts and good thoughts without going into them. This might make it easier for you to confront your anxiety when you read the Bible.

God does not come and go, God is.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 6/26/2019 at 10:16 PM, Figure of eighty said:

So I've struggle with anxiety all my life. I always have to have distractions so I won't get to tangled in my own mind and thoughts-- Like having my computer up and phone going at the same time. Id really appreciate if there's a Christian youtuber you guys could recommend that struggles with mental illness and still manages to do things like read and pray so I can use them as a guide and inspiration...

Like tonight I wanted to read but my mind felt blank and then idk I had a bit of scrupulosity hit me... so I just couldn't read really.  

Id really love to trust God and lay things like anxiety and fear at his feet but I'm not sure where to start

I really find when my mind is plagued by anxiety I pray more easily than read. 

Other members that struggle with mental illness, how do you manage to read the bible in the height of your illness? 

Thanks for all the replies.

So you struggle with being anxious? Or you have an anxiety disorder as in panic attacks?

Anxiety is a "feeling" of nervousness, uneasyness, worry.

Panic attacks are a neurologic response triggered by your neuro sensory memory system that accure when your so afraid of having anxiety your fright and flight survival response kicks in and dumps your body with an over dose of adrenaline and your heart races, and your palms sweat and you literally feel like your going to die or are dieing...

The reason I'm asking is because I have different suggestion depending on which one is obstructing you from doing something you would love to do (reading the bible).

Edited by Reinitin