• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Who me said:

Sometimes it is the little everyday things that make a difference.

Not laughing at that very funny but realy crude joke.

Not listening to, or taking part in the office politics, running down someone because they are not liked.

Total honesty, no little white lies when selling or compromising the truth.

Total accountability with expences to claim what you actually spent and no inflating it or treating friends etc.

It means being seen to be different, being willing to be unpopular.

I agree we see the world very differently than the unbelievers. We also need to conduct ourselves very differently than the unbelievers. 

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

I agree Christians have to make choices on what they read,  listen to,  hang out with,  what parties they attend or no parties at all,  I agree with everything said here

• This is Worthy 1

Colossians 3:2

Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 7/7/2019 at 12:48 PM, missmuffet said:

I feel that this is more important than ever in our world today.

Question: "What is biblical separation?"

Answer: 
Biblical separation is the recognition that God has called believers out of the world and into a personal and corporate purity in the midst of sinful cultures. Biblical separation is usually considered in two areas: personal and ecclesiastical.

Personal separation involves an individual’s commitment to a godly standard of behavior. Daniel practiced personal separatism when he “resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine” (Daniel 1:8). His was a biblical separatism because his standard was based on God’s revelation in the Mosaic law.

A modern example of personal separation could be the decision to decline invitations to parties where alcohol is served. Such a decision might be made in order to circumvent temptation (Romans 13:14), to avoid “every kind of evil” (1 Thessalonians 5:22), or simply to be consistent with a personal conviction (Romans 14:5).

The Bible clearly teaches that the child of God is to be separate from the world. “Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: ‘I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.’ Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord” (2 Corinthians 6:14-17; see also 1 Peter 1:14-16).

Ecclesiastical separation involves the decisions of a church concerning its ties to other organizations, based on their theology or practices. Separatism is implied in the very word “church,” which comes from the Greek word ekklesia meaning “a called-out assembly.” In Jesus’ letter to the church of Pergamum, He warned against tolerating those who taught false doctrine (Revelation 2:14-15). The church was to be separate, breaking ties with heresy. A modern example of ecclesiastical separation could be a denomination’s stance against ecumenical alliances which would unite the church with apostates.

Biblical separation does not require Christians to have no contact with unbelievers. Like Jesus, we should befriend the sinner without partaking of the sin (Luke 7:34). Paul expresses a balanced view of separatism: “I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people—not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world” (1 Corinthians 5:9-10). In other words, we are in the world, but not of it.

We are to be light to the world without allowing the world to diminish our light. “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven” (Matthew 5:14-16).

www.gotquestions.org/Biblical-separation.html

Thank you

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/06/1987

Awesome topic!

Personally I find it quite interesting because.. before I turned 30 I had no knowledge of what God wanted from his children, I had no knowledge of the Word of God, no knowledge of specifically what was evil, no knowledge of what sins were specifically, I did not  know what a heathen was.

I was living a life of whatever I felt was right and whatever I wanted.

Once I started learning about what God asks of us, and what evil really was, and how everything that I liked in life was evil, I had to change. I felt compelled to rid my life of everything that was evil... this way the devil had no ways to put his sneaky defects into my character.

It was EVERYTHING, the TV I watched was Netflix movies (mostly crime, thrillers, action, violent), I watched TV shows that were crude and taught nothing of Gods values just the opposite in fact, I listened to music that was all evil (Classic Rock, Rap), I was really only interested in the things this world had taught me growing up.

So I dumped it all... Stopped watching TV completely, Stopped listening to music completely, stopped putting the garbage of the world in my mind, and I started thinking much better and clearer.. a little while after I gave all that up completely, God showed me there was much entertainment that is wholesome and God-filled.. so I now watch only Christian movies, or Christian Series on pureflix, I ONLY listen to Christian music, and from what I find, there is SO MUCH great Christian entertainment that is available to replace the garbage that is of this world... The only reason I watched and listened to that crap is because it is what everyone else around me did...  now I stay away from everything everyone else watches because being cool is not of any importance to me any more... it is not about what people in this world think of me but what is pleasing to God. 

And I actually enjoy EVERYTHING I do so much more than I used to enjoy the crap I used to do.

• Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, BrandonRTyler said:

Awesome topic!

Personally I find it quite interesting because.. before I turned 30 I had no knowledge of what God wanted from his children, I had no knowledge of the Word of God, no knowledge of specifically what was evil, no knowledge of what sins were specifically, I did not  know what a heathen was.

Once I started learning about what God asks of us, and what evil really was, and how everything that I liked in life was evil, I had to change. I felt compelled to rid my life of everything that was evil... this way the devil had no ways to put his sneaky defects into my character.

It was EVERYTHING, the TV I watched was Netflix movies (mostly crime, thrillers, action, violent), I watched TV shows that were crude and taught nothing of Gods values just the opposite in fact, I listened to music that was all evil (Classic Rock, Rap), I was really only interested in the things this world had taught me growing up.

So I dumped it all... Stopped watching TV completely, Stopped listening to music completely, stopped putting the garbage of the world in my mind, and I started thinking much better and clearer.. a little while after I gave all that up completely, God showed me there was much entertainment that is wholesome and God-filled.. so I now watch only Christian movies, or Christian Series on pureflix, I ONLY listen to Christian music, and from what I find, there is SO MUCH great Christian entertainment that is available to replace the garbage that is of this world... The only reason I watched and listened to that crap is because it is what everyone else around me did...  now I stay away from everything everyone else watches because being cool is not of any importance to me any more... it is not about what people in this world think of me but what is pleasing to God. 

And I actually enjoy EVERYTHING I do so much more than I used to enjoy the crap I used to do.

Sounds like you are on the right track with God. That is good :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/06/1987

The most amazing part of all this is, I did not seek out salvation, it found me.  I did not start going to church or living a super Christian life to be saved.. Christ saved me in a supernatural way, and after that happened.. I just had a desire to change. Ever since that I have had a desire to know God more and get closer to God.  My change in life came after Christ came into my life.

I know we are all different and our paths to salvation are different, but I am so thankful for Gods Grace! :hurrah:

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

6 hours ago, BrandonRTyler said:

The most amazing part of all this is, I did not seek out salvation, it found me.  I did not start going to church or living a super Christian life to be saved.. Christ saved me in a supernatural way, and after that happened.. I just had a desire to change. Ever since that I have had a desire to know God more and get closer to God.  My change in life came after Christ came into my life.

I know we are all different and our paths to salvation are different, but I am so thankful for Gods Grace! :hurrah:

Actually,  there is only one path to salvation ,  and He is Jesus the Messiah Savior King of the JEWS appointed by Yahuweh the Creator with a Name Greater than any other name.

It is a SURPRISE when anyone gets saved,  for many of the same reasons you were surprised.

I like in the MESSAGE translation (some call a paraphrase) where it says "SURPRISE!  SALVATION COMES!"

because it fit so well !     I wasn't looking to be saved,   yet Jesus drew me in the Father's Will...  to Himself.... as written ....

16 hours ago, BrandonRTyler said:

Awesome topic!

The world is full of horrible stuff,  including all the religion of the world.

IN Christ, 

IN the Kingdom of Yahuweh (God), 

THERE IS RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE AND JOY without limit,  daily,  overflowing, extravagantly generous from the Father in Heaven,   and without merit and without cost..... (paid by the BLOOD OF JESUS, our ATONEMENT ! )

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/7/2019 at 12:59 PM, missmuffet said:

Also the born again Christian should make wise media choices. Television and movies has slowly desensitized the Christian to sex and violence. That is the way Satan works. 

You're ever so correct.

GIGO; Garbage in garbage out. We are to guard our ear and eye gates and avoid temptation and lusts of the flesh (avoid it if possible). We are to put on the whole armor of God; not put on a super bowl party and watch the half time decadence. 

Before I repented, I use to enjoy the funny program "The Walking Dead" and other programs not suitable for the Christian lifestyle. It's amazing how immediately I lost my interest and desire to watch such disgusting programming, even though it's fake and I thought it funny. 

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to observe what violent video games and violent TV, sexual and immoral programming has done to our youth; and everyone else for that matter.

• Thumbs Up 1