turtletwo

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

I have read this story before and can keep reading it again and again. My wife had miscarriage few years back. I had lot of questions and went to Church. Heard this song and broke down completely! It was amazing that God reminded me He is always with me and it was well with my soul. And a couple of months back my wife had another miscarriage. Same questions came and even more. The same song was played during Sunday service. I broke down again! God reminded me and gave me the same answer. Lord has blessed me with 3 beautiful children. God used this song to minister to me in the midst of storm.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

On 7/15/2019 at 3:44 PM, ravindran said:

I have read this story before and can keep reading it again and again. My wife had miscarriage few years back. I had lot of questions and went to Church. Heard this song and broke down completely! It was amazing that God reminded me He is always with me and it was well with my soul. And a couple of months back my wife had another miscarriage. Same questions came and even more. The same song was played during Sunday service. I broke down again! God reminded me and gave me the same answer. Lord has blessed me with 3 beautiful children. God used this song to minister to me in the midst of storm.

@ravindran What a beautiful testimony! Thank you for sharing it. It really touched me. It shows how the Lord can heal even the deepest hurts. I am so sorry about your two children that you lost. I find strength in how the Lord intervened in your life. It shows how God can use a hymn in a mighty way.

A friend of mine recently lost both of her twins. The first was still born. The second lived awhile in the hospital but ended up not making it. My heart goes out to her and her husband. But her attitude has been amazing as she has yielded this to the Lord. He has met her where she is at. Truly, God is faithful to help us even in the most dire of times to say "It is well with my soul." God bless you.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  411
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Tragic story!  I am reminded of Job from the Bible.  

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

For our LORD is always with us .       And the babies , just like king davids own baby are now at rest in the LORD .    

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

Tis So Sweet To Trust in Jesus (1882)

Louisa Stead had always felt a calling to be a missionary and go to China but due to fragile health, she was kept home in the US. She married and started a family, and when her daughter was four years old, the family went on vacation to a nearby beach. While there, they saw a young boy drowning in the ocean. Louisa’s husband swam out and tried to rescue him, but he was pulled under by the boy, and both he and the boy drowned as Louisa and her daughter watched from shore.

Louisa was left without any means of financial support, and she and her daughter were in dire poverty. One day when there was no food in the house and no money, Louisa opened the front door to find that someone had left groceries and money sitting there for her. That same day, she sat down and wrote: “Tis so Sweet to Trust in Jesus.” She and her daughter later became missionaries to Africa, and she remarried.

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,313
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

3 hours ago, turtletwo said:

Tis So Sweet To Trust in Jesus (1882)

Louisa Stead had always felt a calling to be a missionary and go to China but due to fragile health, she was kept home in the US. She married and started a family, and when her daughter was four years old, the family went on vacation to a nearby beach. While there, they saw a young boy drowning in the ocean. Louisa’s husband swam out and tried to rescue him, but he was pulled under by the boy, and both he and the boy drowned as Louisa and her daughter watched from shore.

Louisa was left without any means of financial support, and she and her daughter were in dire poverty. One day when there was no food in the house and no money, Louisa opened the front door to find that someone had left groceries and money sitting there for her. That same day, she sat down and wrote: “Tis so Sweet to Trust in Jesus.” She and her daughter later became missionaries to Africa, and she remarried.

I'm really enjoying this topic, TT.   I had never heard this story before.   Thanks for taking the time to look these stories up!

• Loved it! 1