• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Debp said:

Here is an interesting salvation story of a Muslim cleric who was involved in the occult.   This website has many other salvation stories.

https://mysalvationstory.me/a-muslim-cleric-a-ritualist-until-i-met-jesus/

I hear of so many Islamic people who are receiving dreams from God about Jesus.  It's incredible how He works.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Wow Jane, that's an inspiring story that touches my heart. Thanks for sharing it!

A representative of the Gideon's comes to our church annually and presents their message, goals and God's accomplishment through them. I'm amazed at the number of Bibles "globally" they locate and replace when worn. I absolutely love their factual testimonies and stories of those that came to Christ from the Bibles placed in offices, motels, etc. Their dedication to God's word and getting His word into the hands of the hurt and lost. There are no administrative costs whatsoever, each Gideon pays their own expenses; 100% of the offerings go to purchasing Bibles. 

Some things a person will never forget and are grateful for: Coming up on 49 years ago this October; I was at the Army induction center being processed for service to my country and would be departing from there; eventually going into harms way. To my shame, the thought about taking my Bible with me never even crossed my mind. Just prior to our departure from the induction center to basic training, we were given a nice care package from the Red Cross. We were also given a nice little New Testament directly from the Gideon's and it hit me hard. I have a special place in my heart for their organization and God's work. 

A curious habit: In my careers traveling I've stayed at a multitude of hotels / motels. One of the very first things I would do upon entering my room even before I unpacked, was to search all the drawers and see if the had a Gideon's Bible in there? In all my motel stays, I don't recall any of them not having a Gideon's Bible in the room. 

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

47 minutes ago, Jayne said:

I hear of so many Islamic people who are receiving dreams from God about Jesus.  It's incredible how He works.

I'm hearing the same reports from credible sources ministering to Muslim nations, and especially Iran. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

So I guess the stork really did bring him luck in the end, aye?

• Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

Here's one more I forgot about from a few years back.

A team of Gideon's went to Japan.  They met a Japanese pastor and he gave them his testimony.

He said that he was very poor growing up and it came down to learning how to steal just to survive.  He was about 15 or 16 and decided to steal from a local girl's school.  He figured he could find some purses and jewelry and such.

He felt he was such a loser and REALLY felt like one when the window he broke into was the den and all the girls were staring at him in shock and screaming.  They began to run and one girl picked up the closest thing to her and threw it at his head.  She didn't miss the mark.  He said it smarted and for some reason he picked it up as he clumsily climbed back out the window.

It was a Gideon Bible in his language.  He spent some time reading.  Eventually he gave his life to Christ.  And he eventually finished school and became a pastor of a church.

The time came that he decided to marry.  When he met the woman he felt was "it", they decided to share their testimonies with each other.  Plus, he wanted her to know about his past.  No secrets.

He gave this story to her and she cried.  She said, "It was me!!  I threw that Bible at your head!!"  They eventually married. :wub:

Only God can make a match like that.  They will have a testimony to share that will move down to their descendants after they are gone. 

• Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,307
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

4 hours ago, Jayne said:

Here's one more I forgot about from a few years back.

A team of Gideon's went to Japan.  They met a Japanese pastor and he gave them his testimony.

He said that he was very poor growing up and it came down to learning how to steal just to survive.  He was about 15 or 16 and decided to steal from a local girl's school.  He figured he could find some purses and jewelry and such.

He felt he was such a loser and REALLY felt like one when the window he broke into was the den and all the girls were staring at him in shock and screaming.  They began to run and one girl picked up the closest thing to her and threw it at his head.  She didn't miss the mark.  He said it smarted and for some reason he picked it up as he clumsily climbed back out the window.

It was a Gideon Bible in his language.  He spent some time reading.  Eventually he gave his life to Christ.  And he eventually finished school and became a pastor of a church.

The time came that he decided to marry.  When he met the woman he felt was "it", they decided to share their testimonies with each other.  Plus, he wanted her to know about his past.  No secrets.

He gave this story to her and she cried.  She said, "It was me!!  I threw that Bible at your head!!"  They eventually married. :wub:

Only God can make a match like that.  They will have a testimony to share that will move down to their descendants after they are gone. 

Oh my, really enjoyed that one!   So amazing! :rofl:

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

On 7/21/2019 at 11:56 PM, Willa said:

Someone challenged my husband to read The Late Great Planet Earthy while he was out of town on business.  He went back to his motel room and started reading a Gideon Bible;  he read all night and couldn't put it down.  My husband had previously been like the violent guy in prison, and had torn up my Bibles.  After that he started going to church, and 6 months later he prayed and asked God to help him.  

Joe frequently quotes from his Gideon Bible.  

That's cool, Willa.
I used to listen to Hal Lindsey on the radio many years back.  Has a neat voice. When I read his book the Late Great Planet earth,
I bought several more and gave one to an old high school friend. Him and his wife read it and we had much conversation about God.
They both gave their lives to Christ shortly afterwords.
It has a way to cause people to think differently (repent!)
Thanks for your post. And the memories.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1