• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

27 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

My husband never got detained or deported and he looks like a scruffy illegal. So im sure you are safe.

Its not been mentioned but this guy could have been uncooperative or combative at the time. Or even joked about having fake id. That could have gotten him detained.

A few years back a teenage girl(US Citizen I should add) got picked up partying with some guys that were illegal.  She didn't want to go home cause she was having fun so she told them she was illegal. When they asked where she was from she said Jamaica. So  the immigration judge deported her to Jamaica.   She was picked up sometime later in Jamaica when it came to light that she was not from Jamaica. If I can find the story I will post it. :cool:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

On 7/23/2019 at 7:00 AM, LadyKay said:

An 18-year-old Dallas-born U.S. citizen has been in the custody of U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Immigration and Customs Enforcement for more than three weeks.  

The way things are going it maybe best for all of us to keep our papers handy.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/immigration/2019/07/22/dallas-born-citizen-picked-border-patrol-detained-three-weeks?fbclid=IwAR1pOOBSqs9qS1A0b_43geFRn2BhzrcASQhaHOqRCk8aidS4qom9z_uR-sc

Did anyone notice the following quote from the article?   Sanjuana is the mother....seems she created the problem by a false statement about him being born in Mexico!

"Galan said that the confusion from CBP may stem from the fact that Sanjuana solicited a visitors visa for Francisco when he was a minor and falsely claimed that he was born in Mexico."

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

A few years back a teenage girl(US Citizen I should add) got picked up partying with some guys that were illegal.  She didn't want to go home cause she was having fun so she told them she was illegal. When they asked where she was from she said Jamaica. So  the immigration judge deported her to Jamaica.   She was picked up sometime later in Jamaica when it came to light that she was not from Jamaica. If I can find the story I will post it. :cool:

Oh, leave it to kids.... Probably the only time she'll ever see Jamaica though! :rofl:

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Well now whos fault is that? What did she expect?

50 minutes ago, Debp said:

Did anyone notice the following quote from the article?   Sanjuana is the mother....seems she created the problem by a false statement about him being born in Mexico!

"Galan said that the confusion from CBP may stem from the fact that Sanjuana solicited a visitors visa for Francisco when he was a minor and falsely claimed that he was born in Mexico."

Did anyone notice the above?   The boy's mother caused the problem by putting his birthplace as Mexico on a document!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

If he had a valid TX drivers license or ID this should not happen. As an adult we ALL should have proper identification as people mentioned earlier. It’s important no matter your color. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

50 minutes ago, Kristin said:

If he had a valid TX drivers license or ID this should not happen. As an adult we ALL should have proper identification as people mentioned earlier. It’s important no matter your color. 

Valid drivers licenses are supposed to meet a set standard now because of problems of forgeries. Many states, mine included, did not go along with that, and as a result without an updated license, cannot travel on planes. If he had a valid drivers license for texas, it may not have been valid in the eyes of the feds. These standards were enacted long ago, maybe even during the era of bush. In addition, as deb pointed out, his mom listed his birthplace as mexico, leading to contradictions that needed to be unraveled before his citizenship could be established. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Valid drivers licenses are supposed to meet a set standard now because of problems of forgeries. Many states, mine included, did not go along with that, and as a result without an updated license, cannot travel on planes. If he had a valid drivers license for texas, it may not have been valid in the eyes of the feds. These standards were enacted long ago, maybe even during the era of bush. In addition, as deb pointed out, his mom listed his birthplace as mexico, leading to contradictions that needed to be unraveled before his citizenship could be established. 

I see. Maybe he was born in Mexico and isn’t really a citizen?  I’m just speculating. But mom may be telling the truth. 

Edited by Kristin

1 hour ago, Cletus said:

when i was 18 i spent 35 days in county without a single charge.   (join the club... lol)

your right to speedy trial is 180 days.  thats six months.  when someone is in the custody of a detention center or a holding facility there are rules.  no one is allowed to just walk out because you quoted the law.  those who control the opening and closing of doors will loose their job is they let someone out without clearance... but they will not if they do their job which is to keep you there until you are cleared to go by and only by a judge.  this is how it works. 

I have been arrested before too. Not for nearly that long, but it’s a process that there is nothing you can do about while in custody. When we break the law, or are suspected of it, it is a hard thing and we will find ourselves in jail. At least us regular people. Not fun 

13 hours ago, Kristin said:

12 hours ago, Kristin said:

I see. Maybe he was born in Mexico and isn’t really a citizen?  I’m just speculating. But mom may be telling the truth. 

Apparently he is a U.S. Citizen but since his mother lied on a Visa saying he was born in Mexico, this was in the computer system.   So they had to check him out.

Here is another quote from the article....I added the words in parentheses.

"CBP ran Francisco's fingerprints after he was detained, despite carrying a Texas ID, Social Security number and a copy of his birth certificate, and found that the visa (which had his birthplace as Mexico) had been issued for him years prior."