• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1948

Are there degrees of simplicity?  As St. Augustine said:  "Love God and do as you please"  As long as that statement is taken in the spirit in which it was intended, that's as simple as can be.  If you love God, you'll do everything to honor him.   The real question would be what honors God?  
You can be saved, keep the commandments and you're golden.  It's some of the things written by man later on that becomes sticky which begs the question:  Yes, you're a Christian but are you a GOOD Christian.    There are good Mormons.  There are good Muslims, Jews, Hindus.   Does the door slam shut in the face of someone who may have been led down a road because of where they live.  Is that what God intended?  I hope not.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/29/2019 at 7:54 AM, Neighbor said:

Not really as all are born in sin, period.  And yes it is pretty simple, very simple. Jesus is transliterated as stating; I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except by me. Seems pretty direct - I'd state even simple.

All the other stuff, the yah but what if's are just so much flack and distraction, born of the ministry of distractions of the minions of Satan of which there are many.

Many of the flock hear the messages of distraction and do get concerned about this error or that one, this sin  and that one.  Hear the Shepherd, the Good Shepherd, for He does not lose a one of the sheep of His Flock given Him by His Father.

Amen. A point I've attempted to make on many an occasion. You've boiled it down to what it really is, simple! Sometimes I too get involved with a lot of details just in order to clarify what I believe but fortunately God always brings us back to the simple truth if we only have faith enough to listen.