• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

The enjoyment of alcohol...

Sorry bro, but perhaps you should have given it a little consideration into wearing a shirt with less advertisement of a spiritual statement on it? :rolleyes: 

True, don't want to offend, but at the same token I didn't think about it because I didn't feel I was sinning or doing anything wrong. Just like the fact that I will often cut my grass on Sunday. I keep the Sabbath and I'm not offended by others cutting their grass on Saturday. I believe they are wrong but don't condemn them for it not feel offended. Perhaps, being offended is another subject in itself. What if my shirt with the name of "Jesus" on it was offensive, should I quit wearing it. 

• Group:  Diamond Member

20 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

Its ok to drink alcohol sometimes as long as we are not addicted and not intending to get drunk but for health reason such as when we catch fever. I however dont stock any can of beer or alcohol at home. There are hundreds of delicious non alcoholic beverages we can make without getting high.

Not addicted to it, but enjoy it just like I enjoy iced sweet tea, pineapple juice, good cold water, etc.... Never try to get drunk. Did that once way back when I was younger.... not an enjoyable experience! But yes, I do keep cold beer in my refrigerator, I do have wine bottles in a wine rack, and do have some bourbon in my cupboard. Of course my bourbon has aged a lot since it isn't my favorite type of beverage. Also wine is more of a beverage my wife will enjoy an occasional glass of it, so beer is my thing. I really enjoy going to restaurants that serve craft beers so I can try different kinds. But once again, never to excess. As for health, absolutely I drink to my health! In the winter, if feeling like a cold is coming on, it is time for a hot toddy. Also red wine is very good for you. The beer, great for your kidneys.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

What if my shirt with the name of "Jesus" on it was offensive, should I quit wearing it. 

Okay just to set the record, I do not drink alcohol in any form. This does not mean I have never done so, however. But for numerous reasons, it was for my personal best interest to refrain from imbibing. My next glass of wine will be at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, and I am looking forward to it. 

About your shirt? C'mon bro, with a 12 pack of brewskis? Really? :whistling:

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Bawcash said:

Was it craft beer or a macro brew? When Jesus turned water into wine, he turned it into top quality stuff.  (John 2:10) A Jesus shirt and Bud Lite?...they were judging you. Life is too short to drink crappy beer.

I prefer craft beer but it was actually a cheaper beer I hate to confess.  It was Bush Ice. I apologize, it was wrong of me I know. I will try to do better. :rolleyes:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BeauJangles said:

Okay just to set the record, I do not drink alcohol in any form. This does not mean I have never done so, however. But for numerous reasons, it was for my personal best interest to refrain from imbibing. My next glass of wine will be at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, and I am looking forward to it. 

What can I say? When I say a blessing at a restaurant it is in front of a meal that will sometimes include a glass of wine or beer.  As Popeye would say, "I yam what I yam". I don't necessarily want to offend but will be open and candid with others. I don't feel alcohol is wrong. I do believe Jesus drank wine in fact though the Pharisees were wrong they even called him a wine bibber. Perhaps in an effort not to offend it would have been better for him to have only drank in secret and think of how offensive he was when he sat with prostitutes and publicans at a meal!  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

The beer, great for your kidneys.  

Not at all, those with the support of blood washing machine know that.

1 minute ago, R. Hartono said:

disagree.... The 12 benefits of drinking beer: 1. Beer keeps your kidneys healthy A Finnish study singled out beer among other alcoholic beverages, finding that it was better for your kidneys. In fact, each bottle of beer you drink reduces the risk of developing kidneystones by 40%.

perhaps you are thinking of those who only drink in excess and are alcoholics.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

54 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

You'll never get enough with flesh appetite

I do try and limit the amount of red meat I eat, but sorry, I can't do vegan.

• Haha 3
  • Loved it! 1

39 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

One other thought on this matter... I have a brother in law that is greatly against alcohol. Though I feel he is wrong I know that when we have a meal together it would offend him if I served an alcoholic beverage so I won't. But it is my habit to wear Christian shirts. It is also my habit to buy beer along with food etc.... at a grocery store. The couple that were at the grocery store was there knowing that the grocery store sells alcohol and they should know that people buy it. Perhaps it shocked them that a Christian would buy and drink alcohol and I am sorry about that. But they should know that not all Christians believe the same about alcohol and that there are many Christians that don't believe it is a sin. But my intention was not to offend, I was simply going about my normal routines. I didn't have a can open drinking it in from of them and belching loudly (that might have been offensive), I had simply purchased it, which was legal and an expected thing at a grocery store. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

16 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

My dad was a teetotaler and spent the last 3 years of his life on dialysis. Why? Because of high blood pressure. I have one uncle who I never saw without a beer in his hand when I was a kid. In his 70's now and excellent health. My other uncle drank himself to death before his 40th birthday. Life is a crapshoot.