• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

15 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

To be honest, I was somewhat a little shocked at the variation of my tenet core belief's and theirs?

Same here, Dennis. The poll as to how strongly Christians believe in God was a bit 'out there'. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Same here, Dennis. The poll as to how strongly Christians believe in God was a bit 'out there'. :rolleyes:

Like I inferred previously, there are many polls out there to choose from to get the general idea of what those that claim to be Christians believe. I chose the Pew Research Center because many believe it to be one of the most accurate and trustworthy gathers of information. All the polls I've seen pertaining to the questions asked percentage wise, are close to identical.

I did find it interesting there wasn't any questions about Salvation beliefs; which would have shed more light on the spiritual condition of America as a whole. Like missmuffet stated; only God knows their hearts. However; given the high percentage favorable response and conformity to changing secular views on things God clearly says are abominations and other beliefs; I suggest they are picking and choosing what they want to believe to suit themselves and conforming to the world and not to our Lord and Savior. 

Today, in our generation, we certainly see many church denominations conforming to the world that have 'religion' but not the power thereof. Acceptance and inclusion of the homosexual lifestyle, female and gay pastors, Deacons, elders and clergy; preaching another Gospel. Not to mention prosperity, purpose driven, cults and ecumenicism Gospels in once grounded churches in the word of God.

Based on my text scripture and all the reasons I've mentioned: I believe our country which has been so greatly blessed by God; is in severe and rapid moral decline and ripe for national judgment. That 80% of Americans that claim the Christian faith doesn't line up with what Jesus told us of the few.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

2 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Not taking away anything from the scripture you quoted and it is Jesus own own words.  In the scripture verse below, Paul was asked the question directly and he answered in a straight forward manner. If anyone knew the answer to that question, you would think that Paul, the man who wrote all those epistles would have it sorted out.

I think, while repentance is a grace that is available to believers when we sin and do wrong in the sight of God, it is the word "believe" that is the active word that makes that qualifies the requirement to be saved. Yes, believers would have to repent all their lives at various times as we still sin at times, no matter how little or often, then "true 'repentance is the way back or seeking to be forgiven.

If Paul had deliberately left out the word "repent", then the doctrine of salvation would be in question.

Acts 16 King James Version (KJV)

29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

When I believed, God accepted me "Just as I am", a sinner.
I did NOT have to get/become sinless to be saved.
I changed my thoughts when the light from the word, the seeds sown,
chased out the darkness. Truth appeared. Set me free. I believed, what I received!
The spirit quickened me, and was saved.

Then, with the understanding of the word, I changed my actions, my walk, my life.
Without the repentance in the mind (heart),  FIRST,  I would/could never become a new creature.
In Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

The Greek word "metanoeo" translated into Dennis vernacular is thus translated "changed my want to's"  :D

met-an-o-eh'-o Verb
Definition
  1. to change one's mind, i.e. to repent

Strong's #3340: metanoeo (pronounced met-an-o-eh'-o)

from 3326 and 3539; to think differently or afterwards, i.e. reconsider (morally, feel compunction):--repent.

THEN, the changed "want to's"...............default_cool2.gif.5d0453ceab4502b56ea8b98769cca5d7.gif

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

12 minutes ago, Sower said:

I did NOT have to get/become sinless to be saved.

Thank the good Lord for that. Our ship would have sunk upon launch otherwise. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

4 minutes ago, Sower said:
met-an-o-eh'-o Verb
Definition
  1. to change one's mind, i.e. to repent

Strong's #3340: metanoeo (pronounced met-an-o-eh'-o)

from 3326 and 3539; to think differently or afterwards, i.e. reconsider (morally, feel compunction):--repent.

THEN, the changed "want to's"...............default_cool2.gif.5d0453ceab4502b56ea8b98769cca5d7.gif

It's all Greek to me  :laugh:

• Haha 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Like I inferred previously, there are many polls out there to choose from to get the general idea of what those that claim to be Christians believe. I chose the Pew Research Center because many believe it to be one of the most accurate and trustworthy gathers of information. All the polls I've seen pertaining to the questions asked percentage wise, are close to identical.

I did find it interesting there wasn't any questions about Salvation beliefs; which would have shed more light on the spiritual condition of America as a whole. Like missmuffet stated; only God knows their hearts. However; given the high percentage favorable response and conformity to changing secular views on things God clearly says are abominations and other beliefs; I suggest they are picking and choosing what they want to believe to suit themselves and conforming to the world and not to our Lord and Savior. 

Today, in our generation, we certainly see many church denominations conforming to the world that have 'religion' but not the power thereof. Acceptance and inclusion of the homosexual lifestyle, female and gay pastors, Deacons, elders and clergy; preaching another Gospel. Not to mention prosperity, purpose driven, cults and ecumenicism Gospels in once grounded churches in the word of God.

Based on my text scripture and all the reasons I've mentioned: I believe our country which has been so greatly blessed by God; is in severe and rapid moral decline and ripe for national judgment. That 80% of Americans that claim the Christian faith doesn't line up with what Jesus told us of the few.

The   truth is spoken above.  The US is the world leader and trend setter so to speak.  It kinda set the standards to which most of the world tend to emulate and she tends to use political and strategic methods to enforce the liberal standards that is being rapidly pushed into the forefront, some of which you mentioned.   It is all from the devil domain and kingdom of darkness and wickedness in high places and so we must not forget that.  Men are used and manipulated by the unseen forces to do the work of satan and as we read the bible and see the warnings and the prophetic things told, believers has to "keep their eyes on the ball" or see events unfold as written in the word.  

More and more people  are adopting  the beliefs and agendas being pushed forth by events planners and social clubs to promote liberal lifestyles, where once were though to be sacred. The last ten years has showed major changes to society and the question to be asked, " what is the future generation mindset on creation and God going to be ?"  Already, the learning institutions has deleted God from any  thoughts and only science is being promoted as the future of man.  Wait, who has the last word.

If people really has the discussions with their children in an open dialogue, many would find that God is now a myth and science trumps all other thinking.  

• Thumbs Up 1

It's all Greek to me  :laugh:

Dude, you're getting there...............:)

(You remind me of our eight grade class clown)...........me

5 hours ago, Sower said:

Dude, you're getting there...............:)

(You remind me of our eight grade class clown)...........me

George Wilson would probably agree with you...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

15 hours ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

You know we’re siblings in the Lord, BB, and I love ya, and, like you, I believe in eternal security by the precious blood of Jesus Christ, but we do disagree on the repentance-to-be-saved part.  Let’s consider and discuss the following scripture.744004DE-D079-4828-9DF3-E4A4F162EF6E.gif.95da43aa3e742d60d779f0e3b3553d36.gif

Mark 1:14-15 

Jesus Begins His Galilean Ministry

14 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel [a]of the kingdom of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God [b]is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.

E26B68CA-104A-49DA-823A-12FB9C8D37B9.gif.61920694f979c6f579aa32d4b806b861.gif

The repentance which is here commanded is the result of faith; it is born at the same time with faith — they are twins , and to say which is the elder-born passes my knowledge. It is a great mystery; faith is before repentance in some of its acts, and repentance before faith in another view of it; the fact being that they come into the soul together. How, a repentance which makes me weep and abhor my past life because of the love of Christ which has pardoned it, is the right repentance. When I can say, “My sin is washed away by Jesu’s blood,” and then repent because I so sinned as to make it necessary that Christ should die— that dove-eyed repentance which looks at his bleeding wounds, and feels that her heart must bleed because she wounded Christ— that broekn heart that breaks because Christ was nailed to the cross for it— that is the repentance which bringeth us salvation.

—Spurgeon 

14 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel [a]of the kingdom of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God [b]is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel

Jesus was talking to a Jewish audience......Jesus commanded that they “believe in the Gospel.During Christ’s Earthly Ministry, the Jews he encountered ,staunchly believed in the Law Of Moses to save them, not the “ good news” of Justification by Faith.Jesus knew the true purpose of that Law.He knew it was “ too weak” to save anybody- all it could do is show you that you were a helpless, hopeless sinner.They needed to repent, or “ change their minds”.....turn from trusting in their works and ability to keep a Law that was purposely designed with a 100% failure rate to turn to the “ escape route” of God declaring one “ fit for Heaven” by their faith.

Jesus never told anyone their “ Law- Keeping” saved them.Jesus never told anyone that “ being sorrowful” saved them.Jesus never said to any man that he was saved by “ getting their act together or turning over a new leaf” saved them .He never sad “ I know you can’t completely abandon all of your sins— after all , you are only human, but if you are “ willing to try” to quit sinning, then you will be saved.

Jesus “ DID” tell one woman ,however , after she had wiped the tears from His feet with her hair....... “ Go in Peace, your “ FAITH” has SAVED you.”

He did not tell her to be careful because He would look her up later to make certain she quit sinning or at least if she did sin , He would make sure that no sins were left off her repentance “ to-do list” lest He would take back all that “ Your Faith has saved you” business.

Not much has changed over 2000 years.People still think they are saved by their ability to “ be good” , that is, keep the Law.The Jews then , and their legalistic offspring of today, need to  “  change their minds” It ain’t “ The righteous shall live by law”.  The Righteous shall live by faith.Faith in the finished Work of the Cross.Plus Nothing.