• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

20 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I am not going to pretend I understand all of that post, but I have a question:

does that chart mean we can work out what day Jesus was born?

This chart illustrates the death and Resurrection of The Lord. However, there were some very interesting star alignments that maybe the Magi saw that DO indicate His Birth. Tishri 1 seems to be the day approx AD 25.

The constellations had an 80 minute window at that time. Virgo with Leo and all that stuff. Seems that also Noah was born on Tishri 1. This date is also really important in the old Israeli calendar - it was the day Kings were inaugurated. I find that fascinating since the calendars were a bit messed up at that time and later on. Scholars consider it is a workable date -Sept 11. Others put it at Sept 29 (my birth-date). All very interesting.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

It is interesting to note that the 'church fathers' did not all have Hebrew or Greek. Just a few and Augustine hated Greek and says so. He just had Latin. So we do have to take care when reading their ideas... there was a lot of pressure on them to conform. You can see that in their writings ... some kinda gave up and went with the flow...

Josephus also said he had great difficulty with Greek...

Edited by Justin Adams

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

3 hours ago, Betha said:

Seems to me that salvation is in question when things are not correctly adhered to 1 Cor 15v1-4.

1Co 15:1  Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, 
1Co 15:2  and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. 
1Co 15:3  For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 
1Co 15:4  that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, 

So you're suggesting according to this passage ... anyone that gets the days wrong ... is lost?  Seriously? 

The passage is clearly stating the Gospel message ... that Yeshua died ... he was buried ... and rose again on the 3rd day.  Every single person that is a true believer whether they believe a Wednesday, Thursday, or even a Friday death ... believes a 3rd day resurrection.  They just have different opinions on how they arrived to this point. 

My fear is that play semantics is stealing the true love of God ... trying to find a perfect understanding in this imperfect body.  God knows us ... He sent His Son to die for us ... He knows in every way that we fall short of His understanding ... God is a heavenly Father nurturing His children ... in His Love.  

Usually cult-like behavior is a condemnation of any understandings that does not fit their paradigm ... must be lost and must be confronted in the harshest of ways.  Usually this is a religious spirit that is manifesting ... this is the same type of spirit that Yeshua had to deal with in His day.  For example, when the Pharisees and Saduccees confronted him about how to wash hands ... it was because that was one of their disagreements in the Talmud ... there are pages of rabbis arguing the point ... and Yeshua says to both of them ... Hey guys ... its not what goes into a man (with unwashen hands) that defiles a man -- it's what comes out of the heart that defiles ... He searched the heart of the matter.

If you are searching the true heart of the matter ... do you really believe if you get it wrong ... that you're lost?  I believe God is wanting ALL of US to study it deeper -- to really investigate -- to really know Him.  All of this talk of which day etc ... is all semantics in the reality of things.

My personal conviction is simply this ... the APPOINTED FEASTS are simply God's APPOINTED TIMES ... and do you think that if God set up his own appointment schedule ... He wouldn't keep it?  Of course, He would ... and more than that ... He'd want to teach in layers ... so that those who are just beginning their walks could understand it ... those who have been walking could understand more ... and those who really study ... can be blown away by the depths of it all!  That's the God we serve ... He's awesome and loves His children ... He's not ready to destroy us if we don't quite get it right.  He's given His Son ... who died ... rose again ... and to those who believe ... He's given eternal life.

Don't get caught up in the semantics ... get caught up in His love.  Everything else will follow.   :) 

• This is Worthy 1

• Steward

Another aspect that is missing is the Road to Emmaus walk.  It's an interesting piece of Scripture because the two walking are discussing the death of Yeshua.  Now Emmaus according to Scripture was about 7 miles away ... so the journey couldn't have taken place on a Shabbat.  We know that for certain.  It was too far to walk on Shabbat ... and we know that it was during the 1st day of the week since they were talking about what the women had seen earlier that morning.

Luk 24:13  That very day two of them were going to a village named Emmaus, about seven miles from Jerusalem, 
Luk 24:14  and they were talking with each other about all these things that had happened. 
Luk 24:15  While they were talking and discussing together, Jesus himself drew near and went with them. 
Luk 24:16  But their eyes were kept from recognizing him. 
Luk 24:17  And he said to them, “What is this conversation that you are holding with each other as you walk?” And they stood still, looking sad. 

Luk 24:21  But we had hoped that he was the one to redeem Israel. Yes, and besides all this, it is now the third day since these things happened. 
Luk 24:22  Moreover, some women of our company amazed us. They were at the tomb early in the morning, 

When was the 3rd day?  If it was Wednesday ... what day would be Sunday?  Wouldn't that easily be the 4th day?

Then you go further in the passage ...

Luk 24:46  and said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead,

The Scriptures really teach the importance of the 3rd day.  You see the connection to death and resurrection throughout the Bible about the number 3. 

Too late in the evening ... just something the Lord reminded me of as I was praying for people on this thread.

God bless,

George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Someone here said the day is not important. Personally, I believe it is important because Jesus Himself said He would be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth, just as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whales belly.

Matthew 12:40 

For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

If people want to disbelieve what Jesus Himself said and believe He died on Friday and rose early before Sunrise Sunday, then that's between them and God. I prefer to believe what Christ said and not add to or change the Word of God as we are warned not to do.

Revelation 22:18-19,

18, For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 
 19, And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. 

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  369
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

42 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

He would be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth

Where in scripture does the phrase "in the heart of the earth" mean (or =) the "grave" or "tomb" or "sepulchre"?

I can assure all, there is no such place.  The phrase means something else entirely, and because people do not prayerfully study and ask God and read the word, they stumble on this, and come up with all manner of false doctrines.

Edited by ShinyGospelShoes

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

41 minutes ago, ShinyGospelShoes said:

Where in scripture does the phrase "in the heart of the earth" mean (or =) the "grave" or "tomb" or "sepulchre"?

I can assure all, there is no such place.  The phrase means something else entirely, and because people do not prayerfully study and ask God and read the word, they stumble on this, and come up with all manner of false doctrines.

Allow me if you will, to make attempts at understanding what you're conveying. Are you meaning the first statement to mean a spiritual or physical sense? Or both, perhaps? Or neither of them? I'll throw in this just to get some sort of comprehension concerning "in the heart of the earth". And then some passages as well, although they aren't exactly what I'd consider an extremely reliable source. It does add some rather interesting thoughts, however. Thanks.

A common teaching is that Jesus was in hell between the time He died on the cross and when He was resurrected. The issue has been complicated by a clause in the Apostles' Creed (which is not part of the Bible). The creed states, "He descended into hell." Did Jesus really go to the place of suffering and torment called "hell"?

Previously we examined “Why Did Christ Descend into Hell?” and discussed the four abodes of Hell. On this Holy Saturday, here are eight Bible verses for you to keep near you for apologetic purposes. These eight verses describe the descent of Christ into the Limbo of the Fathers (also known as Saint Paul teaches us in Ephesians 4:9 that Christ our Lord descended into Hell after He offered His life on the cross. “Now that He ascended, what is it, but because He also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?” Note here that Hell is described as having “parts” that is the four parts of Hell.

1. Saint Peter said in Acts 2:24 that “God hath raised up Christ, having loosed the sorrows of hell, as it was impossible that He should be holden by it.” Christ loosed the Old Testament saints from hell.
  2. Saint Peter also wrote in 1 Peter 3:19 that “Christ coming in spirit preached to those spirits that were in prison, which had some time been incredulous.” On this verse, Saint Athanasius says that “Christ’s body was laid in the sepulchre when He went to preach to those spirits who were in bondage, as Peter said.” (Ep. ad Epict.)
  3. The prophet Hosea foretold the descent of Christ into Hell in Hosea 13:14 by placing these words into the mouth of the Messiah: “O death, I will be thy death; O hell, I will be thy bite.”
  4. Zechariah foretells the redemption of those in the Limbo of the Fathers in Zech 9:11: “Thou also by the blood of Thy Testament hast sent forth Thy prisoners out of the pit.” What could this mean except that the Messiah would free people from the underworld?
  5. Colossians 2:15: “Despoiling the principalities and powers, He hath exposed them confidently.” This refers to Christ’s victory over the condemned angels who are the demons of Hell.
  6. Psalm 23:7: “Lift up your gates, O ye princes,” which the medieval Gloss interprets: “that is–Ye princes of hell, take away your power, whereby hitherto you held men fast in hell”.
  7. In Ecclesiasticus 24:45, Siracides (author of Sirach) prophecies: “I will penetrate to all the lower parts of the earth.” 
Edited by BeauJangles

47 minutes ago, ShinyGospelShoes said:

Matthew 12:40 
For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

My Bible says there is such a place. 

Jesus actually descended into Hell while His body was in the tomb. This is the truth. In Matt. 12:40; Eph. 4:7-11, we read that Christ went "in the heart of the Earth" and into the lower parts of the Earth" during the time His body was in the tomb. This is what David by the Holy Spirit meant in Ps. 16:10; Acts 2:25-27, "For thou wilt not leave my soul in Hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption" in the grave.  

During this time in Hell, Christ preached to the spirits in PRISON (1 Peter 3:19).

1 Peter 3:19, By which also He went and preached unto the spirits in prison; By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

Jesus not only went into this prison but He also went into another prison, "Tartarus," and preached to the fallen angels being held there in their own special prison, "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day." (Jude 1:6). "For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;" (2 Peter 2:4).

Jesus having conqured Hell and death and the grave during His crucifiction and during the three days He was in the underworld, He captured all the righteous souls that were in Paradise and took them to Heaven when He ascended on high (Eph. 4:7-11).

Jesus now has the keys to Hell and death (Rev. 1:18).

Edited by HAZARD

• Steward

2 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Personally, I believe it is important because Jesus Himself said He would be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth, just as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whales belly.

@HAZARD Think about it ... If he was in the heart of the earth -- 3 full days -- and 3 full nights -- wouldn't it mean that He ROSE AGAIN the 4th day?   It's a Hebraic idiom.  Let me explain.  

If someone is birthed -- is born at ANY TIME today ... hence someone is born at 12:01 AM -- they are born TODAY.  If someone is born at 11:59 PM -- with only ONE MINUTE to go .. .they are born TODAY!  

This is not something NEW -- it's used several places in Scripture.  ON the 3rd day is used to represent deliverance, and salvation.  For example take this passage in Esther,

Est 4:15  Then Esther told them to reply to Mordecai, 
Est 4:16  “Go, gather all the Jews to be found in Susa, and hold a fast on my behalf, and do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my young women will also fast as you do. Then I will go to the king, though it is against the law, and if I perish, I perish.” 
Est 4:17  Mordecai then went away and did everything as Esther had ordered him. 

Here in Esther ... they are told -- do not drink for 3 days and 3 nights ... and YET ...

Est 5:1  On the third day Esther put on her royal robes and stood in the inner court of the king's palace, in front of the king's quarters, while the king was sitting on his royal throne inside the throne room opposite the entrance to the palace.

ON the 3rd day ... deliverance is obtained.

... it's a Hebraic idiom -- 3 days and 3 nights -- is NOT a FULL 3 days ... and a FULL 3 nights -- 

God bless,

George

1 hour ago, George said:

@HAZARD Think about it ... If he was in the heart of the earth -- 3 full days -- and 3 full nights -- wouldn't it mean that He ROSE AGAIN the 4th day?   It's a Hebraic idiom.  Let me explain.  

If someone is birthed -- is born at ANY TIME today ... hence someone is born at 12:01 AM -- they are born TODAY.  If someone is born at 11:59 PM -- with only ONE MINUTE to go .. .they are born TODAY!  

This is not something NEW -- it's used several places in Scripture.  ON the 3rd day is used to represent deliverance, and salvation.  For example take this passage in Esther,

Est 4:15  Then Esther told them to reply to Mordecai, 
Est 4:16  “Go, gather all the Jews to be found in Susa, and hold a fast on my behalf, and do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my young women will also fast as you do. Then I will go to the king, though it is against the law, and if I perish, I perish.” 
Est 4:17  Mordecai then went away and did everything as Esther had ordered him. 

Here in Esther ... they are told -- do not drink for 3 days and 3 nights ... and YET ...

Est 5:1  On the third day Esther put on her royal robes and stood in the inner court of the king's palace, in front of the king's quarters, while the king was sitting on his royal throne inside the throne room opposite the entrance to the palace.

ON the 3rd day ... deliverance is obtained.

... it's a Hebraic idiom -- 3 days and 3 nights -- is NOT a FULL 3 days ... and a FULL 3 nights -- 

God bless,

George

Thank you George. With respect sir, here's how I understand it.

If Jesus died and was buried just before sunset Friday, that will make one night and one day from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset.

Then Saturday sunset to Sunday sunset would be another day and night, but Jesus rose from the dead on Saturday night, just before Sunrise Sunday Morning according to John 20:1.

"And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulcher at the rising of the sun." (Mark 16:2),

"Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils" (Mark 16:9),

"Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulcher, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them." (Luke 24:1),

"The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulcher, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre." (John 20:1),

What happened to the other one or two days and nights Jesus said He would be in the tomb????

Were are these missing days and nights?????