lnknprkn

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

in every struggle, big or small, i always find myself asking God for help. sometimes i feel i ask so much. to the Lord is there anything as so much?

edit: wow i totally mispelled the topic name :thumbsup:

Edited by lnknprkn

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Well if too much praying is annoying to God, then I must be a real pain in His neck :thumbsup:

e.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Is His ear hard of hearing brother?

Is His Arm short?

Jer

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Amen. I heartily agree.

Well, if praying annoys God......then.....how come He answers them?

:thumbsup:

Yomo

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

dont forget there is more to praying then just asking for help, or assistance or asking for things.....

prayer is communicating with God, and should not be left entirely to our talking only, but in listening. this is one reason why we need to have our personal prayer closet, where no one, and nothing can interupt us or distract us, every day we need time alone with God.

here is a little something i have used with young ones to help get them started:

P PRAISE

R REPENT

A ASK

Y YIELD

This has every element in it the Lords Prayer does.

Prayer is only one part of worship, Song is another.

another way to look at this,

if a child comes to mom and dad, constantly, and always asking for stuff, or help, does mom and dad deny this child their request?

this same child comes home from school, and is totally happy, joyful, we want to know what is going on, .... or if the child comes home really upset, we want to know what is going on there also...... so the child tells us

this is like us and God........ God wants that personal Father - Child relationship with us. God wants to hear about our good times also, not just the bad times.

God wants us to look up at Him just as a child would look up at their daddy... God wants us to be friends with Him, to walk with him daily, not just weekly, actually, God wants us every minute of every day to walk with Him, to talk with Him to listen to Him....

something else to think about........

a child has chores to do, or is asked to do something for their mom or dad, and then the child wants something. sometimes the parents will give the child what they want, even thou the condition of getting it was never met ( chores for a video game rental ). this may go on for a good while, and then one day the parents may stop granting the favors, until the condition that is placed on the child is met.

God works the same way..... we may be getting every thing we are asking for, but if we are not doing as we promised God, one day these blessings will stop.... Just like has been done to Isreal many times.... like in the rebuilding of the Temple, they were being blessed above all blessings, and then they stopped working on the temple and started using the material for their own homes, and after a while, the blessings stopped..... 18 years later, they werehurting pretty bad.

the Blessings didnt start coming back real fast, but they did start returning when they started upholding their end of the bargin.....

you can judge how successful a Christian is, by their prayer life....

mike

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I does say "pray without ceasing" So I doubt it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

1Th 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

I think God wants us to be always in a state of prayer. No, you cannot pray too much.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

we need to have our personal prayer closet, where no one, and nothing can interupt us or distract us, every day we need time alone with God.

i find it hard to get to there. i always wonder how other believers are able to overcome distraction and how they can totally and completely be in that "meditative" state. same goes for devos, devo books end up getting redundant or feeling like just a plain reading of mere words. how do u guys do ur devos?

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

I find myself praying alot less and talking to Him alot more. I always pray for my families safety and health day and night but I also have conversations with God. He is a good listener. I will go on for an hour about life in general. It makes me feel closer to Him.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Talking to the Lord is just praying to the Lord.... you are carrying on a conversation with Him. we just need to remember that with every conversation, it is a two way street, we also have to listen.

as far as getting away from distractions, one must find a place that has no distractions, some go to the river, lake or pond by them selves... others actually go to a room set aside for prayer and such, with nothing there to be a distraction, low lights even help.... a place where on can go and just be alone with the Lord.

we want to set up a room, a library type room where there is nothing there but the books and such, no TV computers radio ...... nothing to cause a distraction....

we have to discipline ourselves to do this daily....

mike