• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, maryjayne said:

Our righteous exceeds theirs by virtue of us accepting Jesus sacrifice and being born again.

And truth be told ,  ITS the ONLY RIGHTEOUSNESS we have .     Gotta say and proclaim , ITS TIME TO PUT THOSE HANDS UP and PRAISE THE LORD .

Go on Maryjane ,    I know you want too ,  Put those hands up and PRAISE THE LORD .

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

YE ALL have a blessed day now ya hear .      I am out on that note .      But not before I say one thing ,  PUT THOSE HANDS UP and PRAISE THE HOLY LORD .

To KNOW HIM is to LOVE HIM and to LOVE HIM IS TO OBEY HIM .      PRAISE THE HOLY LORD and let all rejoice in the LORD .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Didn't the Pharisees also add many of their own rules and regulations to the Law?

That sounds familiar, doesn't it

The Pharisees refined the law.  For example, the Law says to keep the Sabbath.  One of the commandments about the Sabbath says to do no work.  So naturally, it begs the question of what is work? Is it work to do the dishes on Saturday?  Is it work only when getting paid?  If your very standing before God depends on doing no work, shouldn't you do everything you can to avoid anything that looks like work?  Hence we have the rule of Jesus' time that work was defined as spitting on the ground on Saturday, as that might cause two small pebbles to be placed on top of each other, which is defined as work (placing stones on top of each other).  So according to them Jesus did work when he spat on the ground, made mud and placed it the eye of the Man Born Blind. 

MaryJayne your question is excellent. No, they did not make new laws, they just infinitely expanded the existing laws.  Like many today who say you do things like dancing because that incites carnal thoughts, which then lead to lust, which is the same as adultery.  Think of the many things that your church group says are wrong, that are not in the Law but are derived from the law.  That is why I posted that long piece about who the Pharisees were, but MissMuffet said I was too complicated. So I switched to the approach every one esle is taking and just posting unexplained relationships.

Jesus saves. Law doesn't

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 9/1/2019 at 12:42 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Jesus is essential for Salvation....BUT.....He is just not efficient at it. God also demands a performance based on how well you keep the Law.If you break the law and do not repent of that infraction before you die —- you go to Hell...

My response here was in error pointed out by maryjane - Thank you :t2:

Edited by Seasoned by Grace

4 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

YE ALL have a blessed day now ya hear .      I am out on that note .      But not before I say one thing ,  PUT THOSE HANDS UP and PRAISE THE HOLY LORD .

To KNOW HIM is to LOVE HIM and to LOVE HIM IS TO OBEY HIM .      PRAISE THE HOLY LORD and let all rejoice in the LORD .

I post this for the benefit of those reading who wonder about how we can just rely on some words of Jesus and not others.  I do not post for the sake of arguing with thoise that already have decided this.

I post because people who love enforcing law, are like the Pharisees, they kill the gospel of Jesus.

Jesus said My yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Jesus also said if your right eye offends you gouge it out.  Is that a Light burden?  Those who view the Sermon on the Mount as a New Law are just like the Pharisees in that they have the truth available.  THe entire sermon on the mount is beyond our ability. People who quote it as new law cannot live up to it.  So why did Jesus say it?  Just like Paul said the Law was added so that sin might increase.  Jesus was ensuring that the Pharisees had the opportunity, while listening to him, to realize that their best efforts were not good enough.  Jesus took their approach of expanding the law, and expanded to the highest level, so that every listener would say to themselves- GOD HAVE MERCY on me, a sinner.  Jesus even gave a story using that line to further illustrate it.

I choose to believe that Jesus loves me, with the love he described through Paul in 1Cor13.  He is my only hope.  I have given up on trusting me.  I hope to be with him soon.  I have no other hope.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

26 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I think you will find, if you re-read @Blood Bought 1953 post, that he is posting from the Pharisees reasoning.

I see that maryjane.

THANK YOU :t2:

• Praise God! 1

24 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Mr thaylorde,

"to love him is to obey him"

He said in your favorite sermon on the mount that whoever teaches against the law is the least in the kingdom of heaven.  To me that means the whole law still applies.  The law does not have the artificial separations that imposed by those that want to live by both the law and grace.  There is not Moral Law, Civil Law and Ceremonial Law.  There is the Law, all 613 commandments.  But for the sake of discussion, I will suppose that only the Moral Law still applies, which strictly says you must kill your children when they curse you.  If your children have cursed you and you did not kill them yet, it's not too late, you are still alive.  Oh wait, let's move that to Civil Law because most local governments will kill you if you attempt to live by that law.

Ok then, lets keep the Sabbath as that is part of the big 10.  No work.  What does that mean?  Well you have to do it better than the Pharisees otherwise your righteousness will not exceed theirs. 

Have I offended you?  Jesus said in the sermon on the mount that unless you forgive others you are not forgiven.  So unless you forgive me, you know like you want Jesus to forgive you, you are not forgiven.  Not pretend forgiveness - the real thing, removing my sin as far as the east is from the west. Meaning that as far as you are concerned it never happened and you want to invite me into your home.

I say all this not to incite confusion or despair, but to invite people to really ponder these issues instead of dodging them.  You must decide what Jesus meant by the sermon on the mount.  If you choose to believe that it is the law then live by it and the underlying Mosaic law on which it is based, depending on it to save you.  Or realize that Jesus was illustrating this very principal, that you must come to a place of despair to really turn to Jesus, the Author and Perfector of our Faith. 

Then you can know what he meant when he said that we are to be known by our Love.  "My Command is this: Love One Another". That doesn't mean God approves of bad behavior, but it does mean that my relationship with him is NOT destroyed by my behavior. 

Understanding the scriptures depends on which scriptures you see as the foundation.  "My burden is easy and my yoke is light"

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

54 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

I see that maryjane.

THANK YOU :t2:

Duh.......been gone all day......did I “miss” something?

let me say this while i am in here......

The Pharisees knew the “ letter of the Law” but did not know the “ Spirit Of the Law”. These Legalists still exist and in fact, they make appearances here every day......NOTHING but the BLOOD.....add to that and you are a legalists ....It is

wise to be obedient....it is wise to obey the Commandments...it is wise to tithe.....it is wise to go to church.....it is wise to try to live a good life...it is wise to repent of our many daily sins now that you are saved and realize that Jesus has  paid the price for ALL sins as far as your Salvation is concerned.

All great things to do.......but.If you think doing any of these things saved you or are “ keeping” you saved, That is when you cross  the line into Legalism.Let me repeat, just like the song says——- NOTHING  but the Blood!

If need be, write that down on a piece of paper and put in your pocket.Save it until you stand before Jesus.If you can recite that as your only reason to enter His Heaven.......and BELIEVE it.....you are home free! Feel like you need to add just a little “ something” for insurance ? You never knew what “ trusting” meant. You are going to hear... “Depart from me...I NEVER knew you...”  It’s all about trusting- not trying.Jesus will not save anybody who is trying to get to Heaven.

btw.....Another great, old song is “ Just As I Am”.......If you turn to God ( the only repentance that is relevant to Salvation) with Faith in Jesus and His Gospel found in 1 cor15:1-4 you will be saved. God takes you just as you are, just where you are and goes to work on your “  inside of the cup”....Others only see and often mistakenly judge a person by the “ outside of the cup”.God is probably at work changing deep-rooted problems within you that even “ you” are unaware of.The Religionist who may sneer at your performance is the guy who only mimics Christianity - He is totally ignorant about “ transformation by the Holy Spirit”.....He is content to impress others with his Dead Works and trying to beat the Old Man to death with his puny, misguided , fear -motivated , attempts at perfection.God won’t have it........

Sorry if I derailed the thread......I get carried away sometimes.....lol..... 

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,229
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

They preach and say OH be tolerant , accept all ,  don't judge , don't hate .    YET hate , no tolerance ,  no accepting , and total judgment against any or all

who would dare speak BIBLE TRUTH .     And we got these in lots of big churches too .       They wont tolerate one ounce of correction

and will accuse those WHO USE JESUS SAYINGS as being a Pharisee .  BUT wasn't it the Pharisees WHO DID NOT HEED HIS SAYINGS .   EXACTLY .   OH PRAISE GOD ,  EXACTLY .

NOW WE KNOW who the real Pharisees are . ITS THOSE WHO OPPOSE JESUS and if we oppose HIS TEACHINGS , THEN WE OPPPOSE HIM .      Be hearers and doers my friends . 

Exactly, Christ Jesus did not come to abolish the Law, He came to brake the curse of the Law and redeem the World through accepting Him as Lord and Savior and becoming willing to humbly have a relationship with Him on a daily basis and turn from sin and follow His Word and continue to shine His light and His Word towards all,  so others Also find Him and His plan of Mercy and Grace. Amen! :amen:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,229
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Exactly Christ intent and spoken all through His Word .Amen! 

Christ Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.”

69 Bible Verses about Obedience:

https://dailyverses.net/obedience