• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 9/4/2019 at 6:41 PM, Gentle-Warrior said:

Hebrews 1:1–3 (NASB95) 
1 “God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 
2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. 
3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.”

The first thing I see when I begin to read the book of Hebrews is the supremacy and over the top sufficiency of Christ over all creation. The writer of Hebrews makes no apology when He reveals in the first three verses of chapter one that they were living in the last days of the old covenant which were overlapping with the new.

It is important to understand that the "last days" was also a holy announcement that the era of Israel as God's chosen people was over and done with forever as the end and the final judgment of the nation was around the corner (A.D. 70).

As for us, everything that needed to be said has been said in Christ, therefore there is nothing else that needs to happen that can catch our tingling ears, except the coming of the Lord to take His bride away and the judgment of the wicked. After that, we will see the birth of new heavens and a new earth as promised by the God who cannot lie (Isa 65:17, 66:22, 2Pe 3:13).

Having said all that, it is also very important to understand that regardless of what we believe about the last days, we must know that Jesus is the last word that God will speak to all generations.

The final word is that "God has spoken to us in His Son." There will be no new word, no new prophecy and no new revelation to the world apart from the revelation of Jesus Christ and what He accomplished in His death, His resurrection, His ascension and the sending of the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ began and ended the work of redemption for all mankind. "It is finished" (Jn 19:30).

Hebrews 1:1-3 reveals that…

1. The Lord is the heir of all things. 
2. Jesus is the agent by whom God created the world. This makes the Word the creator of all things (Jn 1:1-3, Col. 1:16-17)
3. Jesus is the radiance of God's glory.
4. Jesus, in His humanity, was and is the exact representation of God's holy nature
5. Jesus upholds or sustains all things by the word of His power. 
6. Jesus is the only one who has made possible the purification for our sins
7. He sits at the right hand of power and reigns forever and ever. This took place after He completed mankind’s redemption (Lk 1:68, Ro 3:24, Eph 1:7, 1:20-21, Col 1:14, Heb 9:12, 15)

Finally, for Christians that continue to swallow the lie that modern and SECULAR ISRAEL is somehow a result of some obscure Old Testament prophecy, let it be known that if the Word of God (Jesus Christ, God the Son) did not mention it at all, is because it was simply not part of His plan. Since not one of His apostles throughout the entire new testament didn’t mention it either, it should be sufficient then for the believer to drop this made up doctrine and let it go for good.

The fact is that if the Lord did not mention a supposed return to a land, it is because it was completely irrelevant to His eternal plan of redemption. It is a historical fact that He dealt with sin and death on behalf of all the world on the cross of Calvary, therefore there is no need for an additional work of redemption on behalf of an ungodly nation that hates the very mention of the name of Jesus.

To believe in a fabricated dispensational out of connection stunt compared with the reality of the finished work of Christ is to insinuate that God left things undone and therefore His “pet nation” must somehow have a special salvation apart from the rest of the world.

The modern believer of today should be aware and be wise enough not to listen to some of the popular teachers of today that have perverted the word of God in order to push their false beliefs as they continue to confuse and deceive the church to wait for an event that will never take place, e.g. the Millennium.

God is holy and limitlessly perfect. He makes no mistakes, forgets nothing and will not change His mind. The work of redemption was finished at the cross for all time (Jn 19:30)

A complete and unequivocal statement of anti-semitism if ever I have read one.

SEIG HEIL

You have absolutely NO IDEA of what was accomplished on the cross, because you have denied He who died there and why.  Your hatred of Jews is obvious.  Your misunderstanding of Hebrews 1:1-3 is ludicrous because you have NO IDEA what is meant by "purification for sins".  When you deny the Old Covenant by calling its prophecies "obscure" and irrelevant you logically subvert your own ability to interpret any other part of the Bible.  Therefore you fall back on the only other classic position available to those who hate Israel and the Jews - illogic, innuendo, false doctrine and mindless heartless anti-semitic hatred of Jews.

SEIG HEIL

Consider Ezekiel 37.   READ IT.  Read the whole thing.  There are two, count em' two MAJOR prophecies in that chapter; one is commonly referred to as the 'Dry Bones' prophecy (1-12).  The second  is commonly referred to as the 'Two Stick Prophecy' (15-28).  

The Dry Bones prophecy predicts the rebirth of the State of Israel.  The Two Stick Prophecy predicts the return of ALL 12 tribes of Israel (aliyah) unto the land which God gave to them (Eretz Israel).   The Two Stick prophecy proves that the gentile church has no legal moral or spiritual claim to the inheritance God gave to the Jews - ISRAEL.  Any, repeat ANY, dogma that suggests otherwise (Replacement Theology) is a lie of satan.  

I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you and in you shall all the families of the earth be blessed. - Genesis 12:3

Even the Qur'an says Allah gave the land to the Jews and even the Qur'an prophecies that some wicked persons will attempt to take it from them.  It calls such people losers - an interesting qualification for your opening post.   If I read the Qur'an properly, your assertions of the veracity of Replacement Theology are those of a loser.   But that's not me, it's the Qur'an.  Consider the source and whether the shoe fits.

And We made the people who were deemed weak to inherit the eastern lands and the western ones which We had blessed; and the good word of your Lord was fulfilled in the children of Israel because they bore up (sufferings) patiently; and We utterly destroyed what Firon (pharaoh) and his people had wrought and what they built.
- Qur’an 7.137

And when Musa (Moses) said to his people: O my people! remember the favor of Allah upon you when He raised prophets among you and made you kings and gave you what He had not given to any other among the nations. O my people! enter the holy land which Allah has prescribed for you and turn not on your backs for then you will turn back losers.
- Our’an 5.20-21

And We said to the Israelites after him: Dwell in the land: and when the promise of the next life shall come to pass, we will bring you both together in judgment.
- Qur’an 17.104

And.surely they purposed to unsettle you from the land that they might expel you from it, and in that case they will not tarry behind you but a little.
- Qur’an 17.76 (prophecy of attempts to remove Jews from Palestine)

Your refusal to recognize the STATE OF ISRAEL as God's ordained and royal accomplishment for the Jews, as predicted in the Bible as well as Qur'an, is nothing less than blatant disregard for the Word of God and an open hatred of Jews (anti-semitism).   It is a tissue of lies and open hostility to the truth and a race of people God has given to the world for its blessing (Yeshuah ha-Mashiach).  

Neither do you have a shred of understanding of what happened upon the cross (because what happened there is based upon "obscure prophecies" in your eyes, and Jewish LAW, which you confuse with obsolescence).   To you its nothing more than a dead guy on a stick - a flag to wave in opposition to God's revealed Will - a banner to wave for all those who would curse Israel with the slander of illegitimacy.  

I advise you to refrain from future curses against Israel.  It really isn't a healthy position.  God is just and will not disregard hatred of the race of Abraham.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...  

Edited by choir loft
Quotations from the Qur'an

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

43 minutes ago, choir loft said:

A complete and unequivocal statement of anti-semitism if ever I have read one.

SEIG HEIL

You have absolutely NO IDEA of what was accomplished on the cross, because you have denied He who died there and why.  Your hatred of Jews is obvious.  Your misunderstanding of Hebrews 1:1-3 is ludicrous because you have NO IDEA what is meant by "purification for sins".  When you deny the Old Covenant by calling its prophecies "obscure" and irrelevant you logically subvert your own ability to interpret any other part of the Bible.  Therefore you fall back on the only other classic position available to those who hate Israel and the Jews - illogic, innuendo, false doctrine and mindless heartless anti-semitic hatred of Jews.

SEIG HEIL

Consider Ezekiel 37.   READ IT.  Read the whole thing.  There are two, count em' two MAJOR prophecies in that chapter; one is commonly referred to as the 'Dry Bones' prophecy (1-12).  The second  is commonly referred to as the 'Two Stick Prophecy' (15-28).  

The Dry Bones prophecy predicts the rebirth of the State of Israel.  The Two Stick Prophecy predicts the return of ALL 12 tribes of Israel (aliyah) unto the land which God gave to them (Eretz Israel).   The Two Stick prophecy proves that the gentile church has no legal moral or spiritual claim to the inheritance God gave to the Jews - ISRAEL.  Any, repeat ANY, dogma that suggests otherwise (Replacement Theology) is a lie of satan.  

I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you and in you shall all the families of the earth be blessed. - Genesis 12:3

Even the Qur'an says Allah gave the land to the Jews and even the Qur'an prophecies that some wicked persons will attempt to take it from them.  It calls such people losers - an interesting qualification for your opening post.   If I read the Qur'an properly, your assertions of the veracity of Replacement Theology are those of a loser.   But that's not me, it's the Qur'an.  Consider the source and whether the shoe fits.

And We made the people who were deemed weak to inherit the eastern lands and the western ones which We had blessed; and the good word of your Lord was fulfilled in the children of Israel because they bore up (sufferings) patiently; and We utterly destroyed what Firon (pharaoh) and his people had wrought and what they built.
- Qur’an 7.137

And when Musa (Moses) said to his people: O my people! remember the favor of Allah upon you when He raised prophets among you and made you kings and gave you what He had not given to any other among the nations. O my people! enter the holy land which Allah has prescribed for you and turn not on your backs for then you will turn back losers.
- Our’an 5.20-21

And We said to the Israelites after him: Dwell in the land: and when the promise of the next life shall come to pass, we will bring you both together in judgment.
- Qur’an 17.104

And.surely they purposed to unsettle you from the land that they might expel you from it, and in that case they will not tarry behind you but a little.
- Qur’an 17.76 (prophecy of attempts to remove Jews from Palestine)

Your refusal to recognize the STATE OF ISRAEL as God's ordained and royal accomplishment for the Jews, as predicted in the Bible as well as Qur'an, is nothing less than blatant disregard for the Word of God and an open hatred of Jews (anti-semitism).   It is a tissue of lies and open hostility to the truth and a race of people God has given to the world for its blessing (Yeshuah ha-Mashiach).  

Neither do you have a shred of understanding of what happened upon the cross (because what happened there is based upon "obscure prophecies" in your eyes, and Jewish LAW, which you confuse with obsolescence).   To you its nothing more than a dead guy on a stick - a flag to wave in opposition to God's revealed Will - a banner to wave for all those who would curse Israel with the slander of illegitimacy.  

I advise you to refrain from future curses against Israel.  It really isn't a healthy position.  God is just and will not disregard hatred of the race of Abraham.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...  

Ah! It is good sometimes to hear from the Choir Loft!

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

On 9/4/2019 at 6:41 PM, Gentle-Warrior said:

Finally, for Christians that continue to swallow the lie that modern and SECULAR ISRAEL is somehow a result of some obscure Old Testament prophecy, let it be known that if the Word of God (Jesus Christ, God the Son) did not mention it at all, is because it was simply not part of His plan.

If it were just one ... or two ... how about DOZENS of times?  

Perhaps a simple re-reading of Romans 9-11 may help the situation since PAUL explicitly talks of the restoration of the Jews AFTER the fulness of the Gentiles.  :)

Or perhaps an understanding of the mystery of the Fig Tree?  

Do you really think that God doesn't have a plan for ALL PEOPLES of the world?  If so, don't you think He has a plan for the Jewish people? 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

13 hours ago, dhchristian said:

funny how you blame Scofield and Darby for dispensationalism, yet these words are found in the 1611KJV. The Geneva Bible which predates the KJV by 12 years, also uses Dispensation in its translation, and the Wycliffe which dates from the 14th century... So your conspiracy theory has no merit, That dispensationalism started in the 19th century. OOPS!

I disproved this already, by quoting the same passage from Luke 21 which says that generation would see the kingdom of God came... which it never did in 70 ad.

I understand the limitless grace of God, for I deserved nothing but hell, But yet while we were yet strangers and in sin and therefore enemies he died for our sins... Just like his sacrifice on the cross will cover Atone for the sins of Israel when they repent as shown in Zech. 12:10ff... Perhaps you should read this passage. You have this in your Bible don't you?

Notice how you left off the last verse of Matthew 23... did you do that on purpose? Here it is, and it points to the restoration of Israel and the return of Jesus to rule Israel.... OH OH!!! In the Words of the church lady "isn't that conveeeenient"?

For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord. (Matthew 23:39)

So, then Satan is chained in the bottomless pit, and is powerless right now, and sin is no more and we live for all eternity, because we have received our Immortal bodies....????? I think you are very off the rails. :doh:  The Jews do not have the Spirit, I will grant you that but you have lost it.

{{{Notice how you left off the last verse of Matthew 23... did you do that on purpose? Here it is, and it points to the restoration of Israel and the return of Jesus to rule Israel.... OH OH!!! In the Words of the church lady "isn't that conveeeenient"?}}}

I left it out on purpose because I knew you would ignore my entire post just to concentrate on one point. The last verse of Mat. 23, states that the door for the Jews will always be open if they choose to embrace the gospel of Christ and come to Him as lost sinners. Jews have been coming to Christ for the last 2,000 years, not as a special elite race, but as desperate people that needed a Savior--- just like everyone else, since there is no longer a difference between Jew and Gentile anymore (Gal. 3:28-29) because Christ is all and all. 

Today, we have approximately 500,000 Jews scattered all over the world that have professed to believe in Christ as their Messiah and as their Lord. About 30,000 of them live in modern Israel and because of it, are being harassed by unbelieving Jews as traitors of their race. It takes a devoted heart to stand against the majority and still believe in the Lord.

So, what are you going to say now? 

http://disq.us/p/2497krj

16 hours ago, Adstar said:

I will correct that statement i made..

"Just because we don't understand why there will be a Millenial kingdom" does to mean that there will not be one?

And your insulting way of speaking really undermines your credability.. ""deplorables""?  You will not be convincing anyone of your love for the bretheren by speaking to people that way.. You will only convince them of your lack of love for them by unessecaraly using insulting and denegrating tactics.. You may believe you are being Strong and perswasive but you are only projecting the image of being a person who needs to attack the person because their ability to engage the Idea's is weak..

Ungodly?  Where doies the millennium say that any ungodly rejectors of the LORD Jesus will be saved????

The belief that the mellennium being in the future after Jesus returns to earth says nothing about rejectors of Jesus being saved.. Why do you insist in messing two seperate doctrines into one???? 

The belief in the mellennium DOES NOT nessecitate that one believes that God will save anyone who rejects the Way of salvation Jesus secured on the cross...

Why do you even post Matthew 28: 18-28.. Yes i agree Jesus is currently seated at teh right hand of the Father and He shall rule forever and ever.. That verse DOES NOT SAY He will be ruling forever and ever in heaven at the right seat of the Father.. It simply states that He will rule forever and ever. It DOES NOT say He will never leave that seat and rule from different loactions..

Both scriptures you quote do not undermine the millennium belief at all..

Ok now i will quote OT scripture that Shows the return of Jesus and Him destroying the army of the beast and Him ruling from Jeruslem..

Zechariah 14: KJV

1 "Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. {2} For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. {3} Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. {4} ¶ And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. {5} And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

{6} And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark: {7} But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light. {8} And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be. {9} And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one. {10} All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin’s gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king’s winepresses. {11} And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

{12} ¶ And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth. {13} And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour. {14} And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance. {15} And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.

{16} ¶ And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. {17} And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. {18} And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. {19} This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. {20} ¶ In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD’S house shall be like the bowls before the altar. {21} Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts."

So there you have it.. After the Day of the LORD ( the return of our LORD Jesus Christ ( WITH His Saints) and his wrath upon the nations) The LORD who is the LORD of hosts will be KING ( KING OF KINGS) in Jerusalem And KING over all the earth.. It clearly states that After the Wrath ( battle of Armageddon) there will be people still alive from the nations that came up against Jerusalem.. And the LORD and His Saints shall be ruling over them.. And these people will be compelled to come up to Jerusalem each year to WORSHIP the KING The LORD of HOSTS in Jerusalem, If they refuse to God will cause them to have no rain in their lands AND The LORD will also Smite them with the plague he smited the army of the beast with when He returned to earth and HIS FEET Physically TOUCHED upon the mount of Olives in Jerusalem..

Now how much more clearer can the above OT scripture be??  Note the above prophecy has NEVER been fulfilled in History.. It is still future.. It is about the return of Jesus and His rule over the World with His Saints during the millennium..  The Book of Revelations and the above scripture also detail how the same day will be darkened..

YOu said, 

{{{"And your insulting way of speaking really undermines your credability.. ""deplorables""?  You will not be convincing anyone of your love for the bretheren by speaking to people that way.. You will only convince them of your lack of love for them by unessecaraly using insulting and denegrating tactics.. You may believe you are being Strong and perswasive but you are only projecting the image of being a person who needs to attack the person because their ability to engage the Idea's is weak."}}}

When I referred to the "deplorables", I was only thinking of Darby, Scofield and the leaders of this 200 year movement, not believers like you and I that don't agree on the fundamentals, My intention was not to offend you. For that I apologize. 

I will respond to the rest of your post a bit later... ;)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

1 hour ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

I left it out on purpose because I knew you would ignore my entire post just to concentrate on one point. The last verse of Mat. 23, states that the door for the Jews will always be open if they choose to embrace the gospel of Christ and come to Him as lost sinners. Jews have been coming to Christ for the last 2,000 years, not as a special elite race, but as desperate people that needed a Savior--- just like everyone else, since there is no longer a difference between Jew and Gentile anymore (Gal. 3:28-29) because Christ is all and all. 

Today, we have approximately 500,000 Jews scattered all over the world that have professed to believe in Christ as their Messiah and as their Lord. About 30,000 of them live in modern Israel and because of it, are being harassed by unbelieving Jews as traitors of their race. It takes a devoted heart to stand against the majority and still believe in the Lord.

So, what are you going to say now? 

I am going to say I agree... I also know that the LORD Jesus will rule from Jerusalem with a Rod of Iron and will be the King of kings and Lord of lords. Says so in scripture.

That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; (1 Tim. 6:14-15)

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (Rev. 20:4)

And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. (Zech. 14:16)

Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory. For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees. As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem. (Isa 66:10-13)

So While we are talking about ignoring points, you blame Darby and Scofield for the 200 year conspiracy of dispensationalism, and you complain that the Word dispensation is not the proper translation, yet the Geneva and the Wycliffe Bible translate the same word as The KJV as dispensation in the passages... In the case of the Wycliffe, that is dated to the mid to late 14th century. SO were those translators part of the Scofield Darby conspiracy?

if nevertheless ye have heard the dispensation of God's grace, that is given to me in you. (Eph 3:2, Wycliffe, 1382 Ad)

I Believe the Wycliffe is the Oldest English translation we have... It was translated from the Latin Vulgate which is dated to the 4th century Ad. There is a large group of scholars out there that are saying the Sinaiticus Codex is a forgery, which is what most modern translations defer to..

(the following is excerpted from, Deception 45: Modern "Biblical Scholarship")

Some people don't believe that all of those "older and more accurate" Greek manuscripts floating around today are authentic documents. [Note: The emphases in the following sections ours.] When Codex Sinaiticus came out in the 1800s, Constantine Simonides, a well-known forger, claimed to have forged Codex Sinaiticus himself--

On 13 September 1862, in an article of The Guardian, he [Constantine Simonides] claimed that he is the real author of the Codex Sinaiticus and that he wrote it in 1839. According to him it was 'the one poor work of his youth'. According to Simonides, he visited Sinai in 1852 and saw the codex. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_Simonides

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_Simonides says this of Constantine Simonides--

Constantine Simonides (1820-1867), palaeographer, dealer of icons, man with extensive learning, knowledge of manuscripts, miraculous calligraphy. He surpassed his contemporaries in literary ability. According to opinion of paleographers, HE WAS THE MOST VERSATILE FORGER OF THE NINETEENTH CENTURY.

These manuscripts often seem to pop up in Roman Catholic edifices like monasteries. Where did Simonides spend his time? According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_Simonides--

Simonides lived in the monasteries on Mount Athos between 1839 and 1841 and again in 1852, during which time he acquired some of the biblical manuscripts that he later sold. He produced a lot of manuscripts ascribed to Hellenistic and early Byzantine periods. He forged a number of documents and manuscripts and CLAIMED THEY WERE THE ORIGINALS of the Gospel of Mark, as well as original manuscripts of poems of Homer. HE SOLD SOME OF THESE FORGERIES to the King of Greece. Greek scholars exposed his forgeries quickly and he left Greece and TRAVELED FROM COUNTRY TO COUNTRY WITH HIS FORGERIES. He visited England between 1853 and 1855 and other European countries, and his literary activity was extraordinary...Some of his works were published in Moscow, Odessa, in England...and in Germany. He also wrote many other works which were never published. From 1843 until 1856...ALL OVER EUROPE HE OFFERED FOR SALE FRAUDULENT MANUSCRIPTS PURPORTING TO BE OF ANCIENT ORIGIN. HE CREATED "A CONSIDERABLE SENSATION BY PRODUCING QUANTITIES OF GREEK MANUSCRIPTS PROFESSING TO BE OF FABULOUS ANTIQUITY...
https://www.jesus-is-lord.com/sinaiticus.htm
Is this claim true? It is enough of a claim for myself to use the Line of text that has been transferred down to us through the Latin Vulgate. Not to mention the KJV translates the Words as dispensation which predates Scofield and Darby as well by some 200 years.  

18 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Agreed. But many of the Jews are just not going to accept Christ as their Messiah until they SEE Him and realize Jesus has been their Messiah all along. They will morn for Him. But they will also be saved and be the main group that repopulates the earth during the Millennium. It is written that 1/3 of them will come through the fire of the 70th week alive.

Of course, if a Jew dies before the 70th week and without Christ, they are in a very bad place. There is no other sacrifice for their sins.  No, not a universalist.

The doors of salvation have been open for them for over 2,000 years. I believe the ball is still on their court. God doesn't beg and needs no one to make Him complete. We are the ones who need Him.

On 9/9/2019 at 1:11 PM, iamlamad said:

Perhaps you have stuck to your pet scriptures and ignored the rest. The truth is, there has been dispensations where God changed the order of things.  Most believers call these changes "dispensations." You choose to call them something else or just ignore that they happened.  One huge example is the change when the Law was given. Another huge example was the change when the Messiah came.

Therefore people that believe in dispensations have not added anything to scripture; rather, they have understood scripture.  Understanding is not easy, but is possible with study and diligence.

Let me take a wild guess: my guess is you have skipped Acts 1 and 2 in your Christian walk, and you did not receive what the 120 received in the upper room - perhaps thinking it was not for you. Am I right?

I wonder what else you deny that is really in scripture?

I have no pet scriptures. My goal is to glorify Christ the Lord, not modern doctrines. God does not change because His plans have always be perfect. He doesn't change things either because He planned it all before the world was. God makes no mistakes. It is finished (Jn 19:30). 

Hebrews 4:3 (NASB95)

3 "For we who have believed enter that rest, just as He has said, As I swore in My wrath, They shall not enter My rest,” although His works were finished from the foundation of the world."

The problem with dispensations is that continues to separate what God has already united in Christ. 

Ephesians 2:12–14 (NET)

"That you were at that time without the Messiah, alienated from the citizenship of Israel and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.

13 "But now in Christ Jesus you who used to be far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, the one who made both groups into one and who destroyed the middle wall of partition, the hostility."

By the way, your assumption that I have not experienced the baptism of the Holy Spirit is based on pure and unadulterated speculation. I deny nothing except man made doctrines that change the word of God. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

15 minutes ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

By the way, your assumption that I have not experienced the baptism of the Holy Spirit is based on pure and unadulterated speculation. I deny nothing except man made doctrines that change the word of God.

You are right: I was was guessing. I had to: we have never met. You have neither confirmed nor denied here.

What you are missing: dispensations come FROM the word of God; they certainly change nothing.

11 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

You are right: I was was guessing. I had to: we have never met. You have neither confirmed nor denied here.

What you are missing: dispensations come FROM the word of God; they certainly change nothing.

Have it your way, but I will tell you one thing. If you could get a new believer read the entire bible from cover to cover, he will never come up with dispensations, but I assure you, he will talk about all the covenants that God made with man and would wonder what they mean. 

Take care,