Yiska7

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks Reneesb, just passing through, notme, worship warriors, neighbor, Justin adams and couppy for your comments.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Content Per Day:  1.02

16 hours ago, Yiska7 said:

How come there is no where in books, or on the internet describing methods and steps to hearing God speak to you, a guide how to hear God.  People don't tell you, Christians don't speak up.   They just say either, He speaks to you in your heart, or you'll just know.  No one seems to give examples or steps, no one guides anyone how to do it.  If they do you cant find books on it, and no one posts it on the internet.  I am tired of searching for dead ends and spending lots of money on books on hearing God's voice and finding it didn't tell you any good information.  So here I am asking anyone to give me a step by step example of how to hear God.  There is one stipulation, Only post examples on how to hear Him not just data that tells you about hearing God, I want to know the how to, examples of your communication receiving from God.  I hear of some theories of hearing God, one through feelings, others through thoughts, If you hear Him through feelings post examples of how you hear God through feelings.  If through thoughts, post how you hear those thoughts and examples of the steps to hearing God that way.  Post various methods of hearing God through examples and a how to.  I know this will help me and it will help you.  Just speak up.  I really want to get closer to God.  Thanks.

Approach the Lord with complete humility, knowing that you are nothing but a sinner, and the Lord will hear you.

James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. 

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Isaiah 57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, Yiska7 said:

I never hear God speak to me reading the bible.  It bothers me.  

John 1,1    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God
A word  is a method of communication, verbally or written.
I talk out loud, or silently to God.
God talks to me through His word.
How?

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself;
but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come

He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine,
and
shall shew it unto you"  John 16; 13-16

It bothered me too, Yiska7.
I also wondered why I did not 'hear' that 'still small voice' that others spoke of.
Was I not saved, or did I not get 'baptized' in the spirit?
But I kept on keeping on, studying and memorizing, listening, learning.
The more I learned, the more I stored the
word; (the light)

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.  Psalm 119:11 

The word was becoming alive within me, speaking to me.
How.
I was connected to spiritual WiFi, the Holy Spirit!
I might read a new scripture that 'meshed' with other scriptures,
and I would think, "wow Lord, I get it"! And a "feeling" of oneness of mind would rush through me,
and a thought of understanding my creator
as real, alive, with me, close/present, at that very moment.
(a quiet presence, nearness, moved to tears)  no voice needed..........
default_cool2.gif.523607d7e5e168a3fe07d74194a35ca3.gif

I have never heard an audible voice from God.

I have felt the very close presence of God, while praying/talking to God.

Beware those who 'say' they hear God's voice continually, and have a message for you. From God!
There is a lot of that going around, any many false teachings about it.

The more you listen to God through His word, the more He will talk to you, through His Spirit.
But, only as you open up your heart to hear. Ask God how to hear Him.

Psalm 46:10       He says, “Be still, and know that I am God.

"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much"

Amplified:
The heartfelt and persistent prayer of a righteous man (believer) can accomplish much [when put into action
and made effective by God—it is dynamic and can have tremendous power].
(to learn how to hear God: )

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, luigi said:

Approach the Lord with complete humility, knowing that you are nothing but a sinner, and the Lord will hear you.

Hebrews 4:16 Context

Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much"

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Where did John get his idea of 'the word'?
It was in the Tanach. Yes a real person touched Jeremiah's lips called the The Word. Read Jeremiah 1.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Content Per Day:  1.02

As the bible, which is the Word is the Lord Jesus, John then received the Word from the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I've learned that when you are saved you, your spirit becomes one with Him. He's so close that when you think you have a thought or feel something it may actually be Him. I've prayed that God would give me the desires of my heart (Psalm 37:4). Not as its been often taught but from the sense of asking for God to plant in my heart His desires for me since He knows best. Then when I go about my day I look inside to see whether I sense a peace or lack of peace to move forward on a decision (Colossians 3:15). For example I have to decide whether to stay or move out of state. I seek God and desire His will be done in this situation. I then ask Him to give me the right desire concerning this situation. Then I go about my day, week, month as I would and if I think about that decision I just praise God that the answer is rising up within my heart. That the desire is forming - His desire. Then I check my heart numerous times AFTER my emotions have settled (the decision to have to move or something similar, may bring anxiety and its important to calm down and not REACT out of fear). Does it seem within my heart like I should move or stay put? Does something feel off in either staying or going? I go with whichever direction gives me the most peace. The truth is that it takes practice but over time you get better at recognizing what has been described as a still small voice, following after peace. I hope that adds value to this conversation. God bless.