• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Psalms 12:8 instructs us that the sons of men will exalt vileness. When I think of vileness, I think of homosexuality and abortion on demand. What about you?

I think Trump is vile and has been exalted. Though it is vile, I’m not sure people actually “exalt” abortion.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

25 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Repent and believe the Gospel.

Repent from trying to fulfill the Law...

Believe in the Messiah and receive Grace rather than condemnation from the Law.

Galatians 3:24–25 (AV)
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

All else is a work.

Ephesians 2:8–10 (AV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

And repent is not mentioned in:

John 3:16–18 (AV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The Lord commanded us to repent. I think he was talking about sin. I find that when I resist the temptation go sin, life is a lot safer.

19 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

I think Trump is vile and has been exalted. Though it is vile, I’m not sure people actually “exalt” abortion.

Barack Obama threatened to withhold federal funds from schools that wouldn't let boys, who said they wanted to be girls, shower with girls. That's about as vile as it gets, isn't it?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Barack Obama threatened to withhold federal funds from schools that wouldn't let boys, who said they wanted to be girls, shower with girls. That's about as vile as it gets, isn't it?

I’m not sure he had support on that policy and  he didn’t run on that policy. I don’t think he would have been elected/exalted to the presidency in 2008 had he supported that. Trump ran a vile campaign against women and won. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

Yes, we all need salvation. It's best, though, I believe, to repent of our sin, as the Lord commanded.

One can “ repent of sins” all day long......it won’t save anybody...it never did....

Perhaps that is why the Bible ( KJV) says nowhere to “ repent of sins to be saved” . Repentance is that “ lightbulb moment” where The Holy Spirit reveals to you.... “ Hey, I ain’t as hot as I think I am — in fact , I am a wretched sinner that has to have a Savior”.

One does not turn “ FROM” sin to be saved, one turns “TO” God, as a lost sinner with faith in Jesus to save him.

“Repentance towards God, with faith in Jesus Christ”....... “turning from sin”is a natural result or “ fruit” of turning to God,Once a person has the Indwelling Holy Spirit in Him , He will repent , or feel sorrow and guilt as part of the Sanctification process.

There are three Greek words that the Bible  Translaters  translated as “repentance”.The Biggie is Metanoia that means “ to change your mind”.  Changing your mind about what you are and Who Jesus is , that is the Repentance God demands for Salvation .A One Time “ Light - Bulb Moment” that completely divides and changes your life. ONE TIME.

The second type of repentance is sorrow  and guilt for sinning. This is involved in the Biggie Repentance That Saved your Soul, But in and of itself , it does no saving.Even Judas displayed that type of repentance.Had he “turned to God” instead of hanging himself, he would have been saved. He did not “ turn to God with faith In Jesus” . He was never a Believer.We must not confuse the different types of repentance.Both are good. They interlap Only one type Saves. God bless

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, ReneeIW said:

I’m not sure he had support on that policy and  he didn’t run on that policy. I don’t think he would have been elected/exalted to the presidency in 2008 had he supported that. Trump ran a vile campaign against women and won. 

Donald put an end to Barack's vile policy. Nobody said Donald has lived a perfect life (none of us have), but what do you mean by "a vile campaign against women"?

2 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

One can “ repent of sins” all day long......it won’t save anybody...it never did....

Perhaps that is why the Bible ( KJV) says nowhere to “ repent of sins to be saved” . Repentance is that “ lightbulb moment” where The Holy Spirit reveals to you.... “ Hey, I ain’t as hot as I think I am — in fact , I am a wretched sinner that has to have a Savior”.

One does not turn “ FROM” sin to be saved, one turns “TO” God, as a lost sinner with faith in Jesus to save him.

“Repentance towards God, with faith in Jesus Christ”....... “turning from sin”is a natural result or “ fruit” of turning to God,Once a person has the Indwelling Holy Spirit in Him , He will repent , or feel sorrow and guilt as part of the Sanctification process.

There are three Greek words that the Bible  Translaters  translated as “repentance”.The Biggie is Metanoia that means “ to change your mind”.  Changing your mind about what you are and Who Jesus is , that is the Repentance God demands for Salvation .A One Time “ Light - Bulb Moment” that completely divides and changes your life. ONE TIME.

The second type of repentance is sorrow  and guilt for sinning. This is involved in the Biggie Repentance That Saved your Soul, But in and of itself , it does no saving.Even Judas displayed that type of repentance.Had he “turned to God” instead of hanging himself, he would have been saved. He did not “ turn to God with faith In Jesus” . He was never a Believer.We must not confuse the different types of repentance.Both are good. They interlap Only one type Saves. God bless

When we sin we bring trouble into our lives. I think that is why the Lord commanded us to repent. He was trying to be helpful.

22 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Donald put an end to Barack's vile policy. Nobody said Donald has lived a perfect life (none of us have), but what do you mean by "a vile campaign against women"?

All politicians are looking out for themselves first, second and third. It’s foolish for us Christians to let them divide us. Trump put an end to it because it was not a Republican supported policy. Trump disrespected women horribly, including his wife. I’d rather not relive it.

1 minute ago, ReneeIW said:

All politicians are looking out for themselves first, second and third. It’s foolish for us Christians to let them divide us. Trump put an end to it because it was not a Republican supported policy. Trump disrespected women horribly, including his wife. I’d rather not relive it.

I don't accept your premise that "all politicians are looking out for themselves first." I believe some are trying to do God's will.

As for Donald, perhaps he has treated women disrespectfully in his life - we've all sinned - but what did he do on the campaign trail, and what has he done while in office, that is disrespectful of women?

38 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I don't accept your premise that "all politicians are looking out for themselves first." I believe some are trying to do God's will.

As for Donald, perhaps he has treated women disrespectfully in his life - we've all sinned - but what did he do on the campaign trail, and what has he done while in office, that is disrespectful of women?

There are some politicians who go into public service to actually serve and do what they believe is God’s will.Then they check the polls and abandon their beliefs based on what the polls say. Obama was against gay marriage in 2008, and for it after. Mitt Romney was for universal healthcare while governor of a blue state but then ran against his own policies in 2012.

To get to the highest office of the land, you have to compromise your principals. Many do because power is intoxicating. They may start out wanting to do the right thing but end up doing what’s best for them in exchange for power.

Newt Gingrich told his wife that he was going to run for Congress, and then they would have influence and be rich after he left. You are naive if you don’t know many are like that.

i can’t argue about Trump and women. If you don’t know how disrespectful he was then you will have to research it on your own.Again,  I’m not going to relive it. 

Edited by ReneeIW