• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

Psalms 12:8 instructs us that the sons of men will exalt vileness. When I think of vileness, I think of homosexuality and abortion on demand. What about you?

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

All manner of sin. 

They will exalt it, putting it in higher regard or making it "noble". Higher regard is obvious enough; a number of unbelievers making fun of "straight edges" and virgins. A man is less than a man if he hasn't lain with anyone, or he doesn't behave like some rude and obnoxious brute. How can you let this other man insult you, and you do nothing about it? How weak.

Attempting to make sin "noble" is a confusing matter. The mental gymnastics a number of people go through to either justify or magnify it. Some look down on virginity by pointing at Catholic priests; if they could have sex, then they wouldn't go loco and go after young boys. Also the incels, how they loathe women and are rather dorky. Don't you dare say anything negative about homosexuality because my feelings are very fragile and are of infinitely more importance than any rebuke. What's it to you if two consenting adult men engage in intimacy? At least they're not making more kids to hurt the population. Speaking of population, why not do population control? Kill whomever we disagree with so room can be made for us enlightened fellows. At least we're not like those filthy Christians with their hate speech and oppression. 

It all makes no sense. But, I suppose that's the point.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Content Per Day:  1.02

It seems to me Psalm 12:8 means that when the vilest are in office, the wicked are then all over the place doing whatever they want with impunity.

Romans 1:26 concurs with your position that homosexuality is included in being vile; but it also includes many other things as Isaiah 32:6 points out.

Psalm 12:8 The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted. 

Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Isaiah 32:6 For the vile person will speak villany, and his heart will work iniquity, to practise hypocrisy, and to utter error against the Lord, to make empty the soul of the hungry, and he will cause the drink of the thirsty to fail.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

When I think of vileness, I think of homosexuality and abortion on demand. What about you?

@johnthebaptist Definitely. Speaking out against abortion is one of my passions. I have written a poem about it. If you or anyone wants to read it I will put the link below.

@Repose Thanks for your post.

1 hour ago, Repose said:

The mental gymnastics a number of people go through to either justify or magnify it.

You gave excellent examples of this. It's so crazy the way the mind can twist to make light of sin and come up with what I call 'ridiculous rationale.'

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Vileness:

loathsomeness, lousiness, repulsiveness, sliminess, wickedness Type of: distastefulness, odiousness, offensiveness. the quality of being offensive.

This earth is full of vileness. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Matthew 25:14–30 (AV)
14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord’s money.
19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Luke 7:36–50 (AV)
36 And one of the Pharisees desired him that he would eat with him. And he went into the Pharisee’s house, and sat down to meat.
37 And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,
38 And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
39 Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.
40 And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.
41 There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty.
42 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most?
43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.
44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.
45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.
46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.
47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.
48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.
49 And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also?
50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

What you and I do or do not do with the talents (Grace of God's Salvation) given us answers the OP more to God than any worldly vice that could be named.

• Thumbs Up 2

Matthew 7:1–5 (AV)
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.

We who have the Bible, Grace... are the ones with the log in our eyes and the unbelievers who have no Grace or the Bible are the ones with the

speck in their eyes... and we are to HELP them not condemn them once we get our sock drawer in order FIRST.

The list of people who don't need salvation goes here:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

The list of people who don't need salvation goes here:

Yes, we all need salvation. It's best, though, I believe, to repent of our sin, as the Lord commanded.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

Yes, we all need salvation. It's best, though, I believe, to repent of our sin, as the Lord commanded.

Repent and believe the Gospel.

Repent from trying to fulfill the Law...

Believe in the Messiah and receive Grace rather than condemnation from the Law.

Galatians 3:24–25 (AV)
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

All else is a work.

Ephesians 2:8–10 (AV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

And repent is not mentioned in:

John 3:16–18 (AV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.