IGNORED

are you more a dog person or cat person? is that telling?

createdequal

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder what it shows about a person to know the person likes cats but not dogs or vice versa or likes both equally?

I tend to not like dogs unless they are well behaved and get the picture when you show discomfort  about them jumping on you or whatever

I like cats because they don't (well, usually) jump on you while you are walking. they wait for you to sit down, most of the time. 

the psychologists among us can maybe learn something through this important information :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

I really love both, but am partial to felines. In most cases, positive reactions are how dogs usually relate with me. Security canines are exempt from that as they should be. I miss not being a pet owner, and those who love them are special people. Pets are God's precious gifts to us.

846014846_puppyslurp.gif.34ade3632c4d811b6b8e5fe08d0c98cd.gif  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Dog person! :) But I do pet cats when I see them as I love all animals.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,640
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I don't like animals that poop in the house! None the less I do have a cat, or it has us.  Cat box augh!!!

We have had as many as four dogs at one time, a huge Siberian, a monster doberman/shepherd, a standard beagle, and a toy poodle, along with five people. I always ended up being the one that exercised them ( The dogs that is).

Personally I am ready to have no pets, even though I end up going to the rescue center looking.

Traveling with a cat  is hard work, the things can get panicky and end up squeezing themselves under hotel beds, then I have to tear the bed apart- lots o fun.

ps Cats love to get on me, purr and start their kneeding. I try to look fierce but to no avail. So I pet them for hours till my arms are tired. My Dobie used to roll itself over and over on my feet to  pet itself if I didn't pet it. So what does that say? I don't know, I'm a push over?

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,748
  • Content Per Day:  5.77
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

I love both. I love most animals. But I always had cats and so I'm more used to them. We have  2 cats here. One (a ginger cat called Ernie) is about 15 years old at least. He is not what he used to be but very sweet in his. The other is a rather fat grey cat who adopted us (I call him Baba). He showed up one day about 5 years ago. We even chased him away several times but he kept coming back. So we (including Ernie) decided to let him stay.  He is so gentle. He never gets aggressive but he loves to eat. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, createdequal said:

I wonder what it shows about a person to know the person likes cats but not dogs or vice versa or likes both equally?

I tend to not like dogs unless they are well behaved and get the picture when you show discomfort  about them jumping on you or whatever

I like cats because they don't (well, usually) jump on you while you are walking. they wait for you to sit down, most of the time. 

the psychologists among us can maybe learn something through this important information :)

I think that people who do not like independent people do not like cats. 

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,891
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  229
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

I have 4 rescue dogs ( used to foster them ) and have done home boarding for just about every size shape and behaviour ( they behave better when they leave than when they arrive for the most part ) Dogs respond best when they have a leader and KNOW the boundaries whilst cats dot understand boundaries at all even if they believe they exist :rolleyes:  I love cats but am allergic to them so if they see me they naturally rub around my ankles and make me ill :bored-1:  My sister who is NOT allergic to them can walk past them without any reaction from them at all :20:  

• Thumbs Up 2

We also have had a  168 pound Great Dane from early puppyhood. It's food bill was something, two pounds of kibble and four raw chicken breasts per day.

It would sit at the couch like a human would hind feet on the floor next to my two year old grandson. We called them the twins.

Baby stuff and dog slobber was my lot in those days. Fun but messy. That dog could easily flip slobber to the ceiling, and protective, whoa one bark would concuss everyone, way scary at times.

He was all black with a rubber chicken white breast. We had him in the house and our feral cat  on the front porch that I fed, watered, and provided a heating pad and bed for during winter months. Thought it was an old cat but it lived with us for about 16 years.

It was a mean cat. I called it Miss Kitty, but later we found out it was Marshall Dillon. Still called it Miss Kitty, maybe that is why it was so mean?

It liked to bite as it's "sign" of affection. I'd sit on the porch  it would come up jump on me start it's kneeding then bite me and jump off me.

I used to go out in the cold to make sure the heating pad was still working.  Eventually I put in an electrical outlet for the heating pad and bedding with an interior to the house switch.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

What about the fish, the bird, and of course the rabbit, what does that say?

The rabbit was  for my young daughter, a $10 "dwarf" Netherlands Red. Some dwarf it turned out to be. On it's hinds it could stretch its front claws to my chest. Was a friendly thing. I put a collar on it and trained it to hop along the sidewalk as I walked. It liked kids and being petted. We had it for years, paid to have it isolated with a vet and certified disease free so that we could fly him across country when we moved. I even had to put in a fence around the back yard for him twice.. He used to  sun himself atop the lantana bushes up against the block wall fence.  Turned out to be one expensive $10 rabbit.

My first beagle puppy Bogey ( He was not quite up to par) went down one of it's holes and I had to dig it back out one day. Silly dog couldn't get himself back out of the rabbit warren. I was a bit ticked that day kind of wondered about having pets- but they were family things to care for.

Had another large  yellow dog when my neighbor was at sea. I would walk it through the strawberry fields for him, 540 acres worth. It was a wild one, would run circles in his own back yard building up the speed needed to go sideways right up the block wall and peer over at me to say lets go, lets walk.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

• Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,499
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Hope this isn't too much off topic but; I think there's something to be learned about people, especially the youth, with their interactions and treatment of pets and animals, and their future behavior and psychology. 

Anyway I'm a dog person. I can teach a dog to sit, speak, be still and fetch on command. Not so much the wife  :noidea:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3