• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

57 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

Everyday becomes Jesus Sabbath now, you rest ur heart in Jesus, not ur body. Thats the real Sabbath.

Agreed. If the way we remember the Sabbath is by living a life of continually learning to find our rest in Him, do we disregard the work of the Father as "null and void," or do we understand the purpose of the law as a means to point us to Jesus? I am convinced that Jesus' fulfillment of the law was not a change of the "rules," but a revelation that the law was never actually about outward ritual, but inward transformation.

If I honor a day of the week, but don't know what it means to find my rest in Jesus daily in my life, then what good is the observance of that day, when the purpose of the day was always to point me to Jesus? Surely, then, we can agree that finding our rest in Jesus in our whole life is better than the observance of one day or another. So I hope we can all agree that the best way we could serve one other in this matter is by encouraging one another in learning how to rest in Jesus, and hoping together for the even greater rest that is to come.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,229
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

20 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

A Day Of Rest

Genesis 2:2-3 2By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

We have this promise in Isaiah 58: 13-14, about keeping the Sabbath

If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, from doing your pleasure on my holy day; and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words:

Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.

I go to church both Saturday and Sunday. My church has over 10,000 members that it needs  about 5 services to fit them all ,starting all day Saturday and ending Sunday sundown.

Edited by Worship Warriors
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,945
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, GreyJay said:

Agreed. If the way we remember the Sabbath is by living a life of continually learning to find our rest in Him, do we disregard the work of the Father as "null and void," or do we understand the purpose of the law as a means to point us to Jesus? I am convinced that Jesus' fulfillment of the law was not a change of the "rules," but a revelation that the law was never actually about outward ritual, but inward transformation.

If I honor a day of the week, but don't know what it means to find my rest in Jesus daily in my life, then what good is the observance of that day, when the purpose of the day was always to point me to Jesus? Surely, then, we can agree that finding our rest in Jesus in our whole life is better than the observance of one day or another. So I hope we can all agree that the best way we could serve one other in this matter is by encouraging one another in learning how to rest in Jesus, and hoping together for the even greater rest that is to come.

Bro., thats so trrrrruuuuueeee.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,249
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,374
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

4 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

We have this promise in Isaiah 58: 13-14, about keeping the Sabbath

If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, from doing your pleasure on my holy day; and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words:

Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.

I go to church both Saturday and Sunday. My church has over 10,000 members that it needs  about 5 services to fit them all ,starting all day Saturday and ending Sunday sundown.

Amen, I don't know your name, but at the end of your statement, you said:

I go to church both Saturday and Sunday. My church has over 10,000 members that it needs  about 5 services to fit them all , starting all day Saturday and ending Sunday sundown.  

My guess for this reason is ?

• Loved it! 1

38 minutes ago, Tampered With said:

And yet Jesus said:

Matthew 5:17-19 Amplified Bible (AMP)

17 “Do not think that I came to do away with or undo the [a]Law [of Moses] or the [writings of the] Prophets; I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For I assure you and most solemnly say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke [of the pen] will pass from the Law until all things [which it foreshadows] are accomplished. 19 So whoever breaks one of the least [important] of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least [important] in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever practices and teaches them, he will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

See response on the "Passover" thread:)

Edited by GreyJay

6 minutes ago, Tampered With said:

Why are you so resistant to the words Jesus spoke?

Still continued on "Passover" thread:) Just gets too confusing to have one conversation in 2 places.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

I don't "keep" the Sabbath, ...I'm a born again child of God...and since the focal point is, what did Jesus say, ...He said, I will not leave you alone, but will send the Holy Spirit to you, ...to comfort you and He will teach you everything that I(Jesus) have said!

So, the Holy Spirit taught me 1 John 2:27 in Hebrews 4, that Jesus, ... is now, presently, today, at this very moment, ...no matter what day of the week, ...the TRUE Sabbath, ...so like I said, I don't "keep" the Sabbath, ...no, like the Holy Spirit teaches me throughout the New Testament, ...I'm IN the Sabbath, ...my Savior, Redeemer, Justifyer, Sanctifyer, ...Jesus Christ, ...MY Lord and MY God!

I pray you all find His rest...

Therefore, a promise being left to enter into His rest, let us fear lest any of you should seem to come short of it.  Heb 4:1

Lord bless

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

1 minute ago, Tampered With said:

So despite what Jesus says you have your own revelation. Good for you. I found His Salvation many decades ago, thanks.

No friend, ...you have your own revelation and interpretation of what Jesus said in public before He spoke to His disciples in private on the night He was arrested:

I have yet many things to say unto you, but you cannot bear (bare, ...understand, accept, support) them now. John 16:12

Why couldn't his disciples bear, understand, accept, support the many things he had to say?

Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He shall guide you into all the Truth: for He shall not speak from Himself; but what things soever He shall hear, these shall He speak: and He shall declare unto you the things that are to come.  He shall glorify Me (Jesus): for He shall take of Mine, and shall declare it unto you.  John 16:13-14

Because they weren't born again.

What I have stated is what the Holy Spirit heard from Jesus and has taught His Church, who can now bear (bare), understand, accept, support, ...after Jesus rose from the dead and is now glorified and sitting at the right hand of His Father.

Like I tried to show you, ...the Holy Spirit repeating what He heard Jesus say:

Let us fear therefore, lest haply, a promise being left of entering into his rest, any one of you should seem to have come short of it. Heb 4:1

Lord bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

On 9/28/2019 at 11:53 AM, Seasoned by Grace said:

Thank you Deborah and Walter for posting this thread.:thumbsup:

I too am a SABBATH KEEPER IN CHRIST. I am not a Jew or of Jewish heritage.. so I keep the Sabbath on Sunday as God called me to honor it. Sunday was not my idea, it was God who spoke the choice to me, as I am a gentile

John 14:15 says, "If you love me keep my commandments".

1st John 2:3 says, "By this we can be sure we know HIM, if we keep His commandments.

2nd John 1:6 says ,"For this is love for God, that we keep his commandments.

The 4th commandment is about keeping the SABBATH. The mainline and street corner churches refuse to believe that the GIFT of keeping the Sabbath is part of the Good News from Jesus Christ and in keeping or not keeping is a large part of our SALVATION...Not just believing in Christ.

Just believing in Christ DOES NOT SAVE US !!!! It's just the beginning.

There are 86 verses in the Old Testament about the Sabbath.

There are 52 verses in the New Testament about the Sabbath, and 21 were spoken by Jesus.

That's a total of 138 verses about just the Sabbath.

How much is needed to get your attention ???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all of you who find fault with what I say in the following statements, this was not spoken off the top of my head. I AM 76 YEARS OLD MALE (Read "About me" in my profile) and have studied God's word for over 40 years, and have had to change in what I thought was the truth several times as the Holy Spirit has led me through His word in my personal growth.

I am sharing this as my own personal opinion and conclusions, not to cause havoc or anger or to confuse, or to expect you to believe me, or to have to do what I do, but to give people here who read this something to think about, because I believe many of you hear things and experience things you have questioned, just as I did over those 40 some years ago and it just drove me crazy, so I set out to find the answer to all those things that made no sense at all. Those contradictions between what God's word say's, and what I heard said and what I saw done in the name of Christ compared to Christs word. God's word is my STANDARD :thumbs_up:

For me, The Holy Spirit has led me to the truth after all this time, and I'm still somewhat in shock, but not in doubt. It all makes sense now what Gods truth is, instead of what I have heard and seen, which made NO sense at times.

I'm sure many of you can relate.

So PLEASE, if you too are in doubt, PLEASE PRAY FOR THE TRUTH, believe it will be given, and then set on on your own personal qwest in God's word and God will answer all your concerns through the Holy Spirit.

God bless you all

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My last stage of learning was last March and again in April OF THIS YEAR, when God TURNED MY FAITH UPSIDE DOWN and sent me reeling, not just about the Sabbath, but so many other things also.

It is scary to me after studying the history of the bible and the history of the church, to see and EXPERIECE how little is left of "GODS CHRISTIANITY", and how much greater the faith was in Paul's time.

The sabbath has been written completely out and taught completely out of the Christian Faith along with so many other parts of the doctrine of Christ, and watered down over 2000 years by heritics, false teachers and doctrines of abomination to God. And like an onion with most of it's layers peeled away to hardly be recognized as an onion,  there isn't enough left of the truth of the bible left to recognizs what God had originally intended for us to understand and practice.

God's New Testament word has been twisted and turned BY CHRISTIAN ACTING LEADERS for so long, just like the Jewish leaders did to the Mosiac law, until it was unrecognizable, and Jesus had to come back to set things straight for both the Jews and gentiles, but once again HISTORY HAS REPEATED ITSELF, and we as Christ followers have the same problem of not having the truth as God intended us to have, just like the Jews had a false teaching, just before Jesus came back.

Thank you God you are sending Christ back one more time, to take your chosen home. 

I don't know if I'm one of those "FEW" chosen by God to go home, but I sure hope I am by what my heart is like, and how I have lived for Him, even as a sinner in my own sins.

Thank you for taking the time to come here and maybe consider what you have read.

In Christs love - Dave

Hi Dave I use to keep the sabbath but we are no longer commanded to. If we were I would. Read Col 2 we are no longer to keep days. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

11 hours ago, Betha said:

This whole world has been/is being DECEIVED into believing a LIE ! it is a well-known fact that evil ungodly men changed the law and word of GOD, the 7th Day Sabbath to sunday, for which they can provide NO scripture, yet is swallowed  and preached  AS truth  by others following in their footsteps.  

You are wrong. No one changed the sabbath to Sunday. Paul said we dont have to keep the law of Moses. Read acts.