• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, Alive said:

It grieves me to read this FF.

Truly, it does. It feels the same as the mourning I experience when considering the degradation all around us.

It grieves me when people claim they can commit horrible crimes and go to heaven without repenting and people defend that person's false doctrine.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

3 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

It grieves me when people claim they can commit horrible crimes and go to heaven without repenting and people defend that person's false doctrine.

I am not defending such things. That doesn’t fit into my understanding of reality.

Its seems an irrelevant fiction that’s just doesn’t compute.

• Group:  Mars Hill

Just now, Alive said:

I am not defending such things. That doesn’t fit into my understanding of reality.

Its seems an irrelevant fiction that’s just doesn’t compute.

The thing is, whether we believe in OSAS or against OSAS, if our faith is in Jesus, and our life has been changed from a life of sin to newness of life, you can be saved and have nothing to fear.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

The thing is, whether we believe in OSAS or against OSAS, if our faith is in Jesus, and our life has been changed from a life of sin to newness of life, you can be saved and have nothing to fear.

I agree in part. I do not agree that sonship can be annulled.

It simply doesn’t fit the Plan as I understand it.

Also...I think there is more than what many of us have been taught regarding Gods Grace.

2 minutes ago, Alive said:

I agree in part. I do not agree that sonship can be annulled.

It simply doesn’t fit the Plan as I understand it.

Also...I think there is more than what many of us have been taught regarding Gods Grace.

It is funny how two people can read the same scriptures and get such a different view.  I have noticed that people are pretty much on one side or the other,  and both have their favorite scriptures.  

Here and at Christian Forums, the battle lines are drawn, and at Narrow Way,  they take an open stand against OSAS in their statement of faith.  Everyone pretty much agrees with each other.  It makes for a different atmosphere.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

15 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

I started to give you a big “ this is worthy” thing.......then I noticed you said “CAN” be saved....change that one word to “ WILL” be saved andI will give you a big “Attaboy”......I know that will make your day....lol...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I started to give you a big “ this is worthy” thing.......then I noticed you said “CAN” be saved....change that one word to “ WILL” be saved andI will give you a big “Attaboy”......I know that will make your day....lol...

The point I was making was that I don't judge someone's salvation based on their beliefs about OSAS.  I believe there are people that are saved who believe both ways.  It is not an essential doctrine.  Essential doctrines would be things like belief that Jesus is the only way to the Father and belief in the deity of Christ.

I haven't been here all that long, but I have been here long enough to see that those on both sides of the OSAS debate have their minds made up.  I think it would make sense to stop putting so much attention on what divides everyone and focus on learning what is pleasing to God.  It seems to me that most here do want to please God.  Why waste so much energy on OSAS?   Just focus on being a good disciple.  I wonder if that is possible?

• Loved it! 1

Just now, Sonshine☀️ said:

Amen, Firm.  Thank you.  I'm afraid we may be distressing those who are seeking and perhaps putting stumbling blocks in their search for biblical Truth.  Oh how that must grieve the Holy Spirit.

I would love for us all to move past this.  Focus on simply learning to follow Jesus.  The real born again believers should want that.  Wouldn't it be nice to stop with all the strife?

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

It is funny how two people can read the same scriptures and get such a different view.  I have noticed that people are pretty much on one side or the other,  and both have their favorite scriptures.  

Here and at Christian Forums, the battle lines are drawn, and at Narrow Way,  they take an open stand against OSAS in their statement of faith.  Everyone pretty much agrees with each other.  It makes for a different atmosphere.  

It may sound strange to folks, but it’s not so much the scriptures that convince me...but the Lord I have come to know. And a bigger picture that is between the lines of the words.

• Loved it! 1