• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

5 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

There is no scripture that teaches a permissive will of God.

There are Scriptures that refer to man's choices and free will.  That is what is referred to as the permissive will of God.  The Bible doesn't mention the Trinity either but it teaches the Trinity.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Willa said:

Heb 10:28  Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.

Heb 10:29  Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

In context, this is referring to to sin of rejecting Christ and the grace He provides, and going to another religion.  The Hebrews were returning to Judaism and rejecting Christianity.  That is the only way a person's sin can lose their salvation, if they no longer trust in Christ.

In context, it is speaking of Christians that go back into sin.  

Just now, Willa said:

There are Scriptures that refer to man's choices and free will.  That is what is referred to as the permissive will of God.  The Bible doesn't mention the Trinity either but it teaches the Trinity.

There is no such thing as a permissive will of God.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

Just now, Firm Foundation said:

Hebrews 10:26.  

Not Christ sacrifice, but the willful sin of other sacrifices. We know our Lord sacrifice covers not only ours who believe, but even the sins of the world. 

1Jn 2:2  He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

God in his mercy is not even counting the worlds sin against them because of the atonement of Christ. His command to them is simply believe and live or perish apart from Christ and face him for your sins.

2Co 5:19  that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

2 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

In context, it is speaking of Christians that go back into sin.  

If the sin is rejecting Christ you are correct.  That is the sin that we all must repent of when we are saved.  

• Praise God! 1

1 minute ago, saved34 said:

Not Christ sacrifice, but the willful sin of other sacrifices. We know our Lord sacrifice covers not only ours who believe, but even the sins of the world. 

1Jn 2:2  He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

God in his mercy is not even counting the worlds sin against them because of the atonement of Christ. His command to them is simply believe and live or perish apart from Christ and face him for your sins.

2Co 5:19  that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

You have your interpretation.  I get that.  I don't agree with it.  This is the reason why all the churches are divided.  Same Bible.  Different interpretations.

2 minutes ago, Willa said:

If the sin is rejecting Christ you are correct.  That is the sin that we all must repent of when we are saved.  

The sin is any premeditated sin.  They aren't under the original blood covering.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

A born one will never reject Christ. His sheep will never hear the voice of another. Those that are saved are sealed by the Holy Spirit.

1Jn 5:4  for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.

Joh 10:4  When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

Joh 10:5  But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

Joh 10:27  My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Joh 10:28  I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

His own shall never perish, and every single born one will overcome. 
  • This is Worthy 1

This is why it makes no sense to spend so much time on OSAS  debates.  The church is divided over it.  Any passages either side believes proves them right, the other side has an answer for.

1 minute ago, saved34 said:

A born one will never reject Christ. His sheep will never hear the voice of another. Those that are saved are sealed by the Holy Spirit.

1Jn 5:4  for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.

Joh 10:4  When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

Joh 10:5  But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

Joh 10:27  My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Joh 10:28  I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

His own shall never perish, and every single born one will overcome. 

The elect will continue, but only God knows who they are.  He knows who will endure and who won't.