WordSword

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

The problem we face is, nearly all who hold to OSAS believe that they are sheep and of the elect, when many are not.  The life they live determines that.  We are told to make our calling and election sure.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

5 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

The sin is any premeditated sin.  They aren't under the original blood covering.

This is clear denial of the power of the blood. Our Lord’s atonement reaches back to the past to pay for the sins of saints and sinners before him. And your sins which were all yet future, his blood Paid for and continues to Atone for in his Advocacy and propitiation.

Rom 3:25  God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—

Rom 3:26  he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

3 minutes ago, saved34 said:

This is clear denial of the power of the blood. Our Lord’s atonement reaches back to the past to pay for the sins of saints and sinners before him. And your sins which were all yet future, his blood Paid for and continues to Atone for in his Advocacy and propitiation.

Rom 3:25  God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—

Rom 3:26  he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

It is no such thing.  That is just spin.  Jesus blood is sufficient to save everyone, but he chooses not to.  He chooses not to automatically covered willful sins.

3 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

The problem we face is, nearly all who hold to OSAS believe that they are sheep and of the elect, when many are not.  The life they live determines that.  We are told to make our calling and election sure.

There is no such thing as a sinner placing simple trust in Christ ever being deceived into thinking they are sheep. Scripture gives you clear instructions on how to be saved. Believe. Upon that belief you are born again and indwelled by the Holy Spirit. You are given a new life. It’s that simple. 

Eph 1:13  And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,

2Co 1:21  Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us,

2Co 1:22  set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

1Pe 1:23  For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

If you count on performance and do not by faith, accept the truth of scripture, then I can see how one runs into problems. Trust in anything other than Christ and his mercy leads to disaster. Our two sides are the differences in slaves and sons. 
  • Brilliant! 1

1 minute ago, saved34 said:

There is no such thing as a sinner placing simple trust in Christ ever being deceived into thinking they are sheep. Scripture gives you clear instructions on how to be saved. Believe. Upon that belief you are born again and indwelled by the Holy Spirit. You are given a new life. It’s that simple. 

Eph 1:13  And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,

2Co 1:21  Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us,

2Co 1:22  set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

1Pe 1:23  For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

If you count on performance and do not by faith, accept the truth of scripture, then I can see how one runs into problems. Trust in anything other than Christ and his mercy leads to disaster. Our two sides are the differences in slaves and sons. 

I see it just the opposite.  I see the OSAS side testifying they sin all the time.  I see them as children of the flesh persecuting the children of promise.  I don't agree with anything you just said, and you can't prove any of it.

3 minutes ago, Tampered With said:

Matthew 12:31 Amplified Bible (AMP)

31 “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy [every evil, abusive, injurious speaking, or indignity against sacred things] will be forgiven people, but [a]blasphemy against the [Holy] Spirit will not be forgiven.

I agree if you repent.

Here is how I see this.  I got saved and set free from the bondages of sin.  I am no longer a slave, but I have people still in bondage telling me we all sin all the time, and claiming grace is God leaving us slaves to sin, but delivering us from hell.  We are persecuted with accusations of being prideful and fearful, when we are not.  We know we are saved, but insinuations abound  we are fallen from grace.  I see us as the sheep, and others trying to return us to bondage.  

• Oy Vey! 1

8 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

Here is how I see this.  I got saved and set free from the bondages of sin.  I am no longer a slave, but I have people still in bondage telling me we all sin all the time, and claiming grace is God leaving us slaves to sin, but delivering us from hell.  We are persecuted with accusations of being prideful and fearful, when we are not.  We know we are saved, but insinuations abound  we are fallen from grace.  I see us as the sheep, and others trying to return us to bondage.  

Then you are deceiving your own self . The Holy Spirit said this.

1Jn 1:8  If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

You are not walking in God’s Holy light of fellowship if you claim you don’t sin. That light reveals our sinfulness which we then confess so he can take it away that our walk may be pure. If you deny this then you walk in darkness and are calling Christ a liar. 

walking in the light is not sinless perfection, it is walking in honesty before the Lord, confessing every sin whether willful or not. He promises to forgive and clean us whether that is daily, weekly, monthly, etc. The Holy Spirit made no such distinction.
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

17 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

The sin is any premeditated sin.  They aren't under the original blood covering.

Heb 8:12  For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more." Heb 8:13  In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb 9:7  but into the second only the high priest goes, and he but once a year, and not without taking blood, which he offers for himself and for the unintentional sins of the people.

Heb 9:11  But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things that have come, then through the greater and more perfect tent (not made with hands, that is, not of this creation) Heb 9:12  he entered once for all into the holy places, not by means of the blood of goats and calves but by means of his own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption. Heb 9:13  For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the sprinkling of defiled persons with the ashes of a heifer, sanctify for the purification of the flesh,  Heb 9:14  how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God. Heb 9:15  Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Heb 9:22  Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins. Heb 9:23  Thus it was necessary for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these rites, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. Heb 9:24  For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. Heb 9:25  Nor was it to offer himself repeatedly, as the high priest enters the holy places every year with blood not his own, Heb 9:26  for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

The point of all this is that Jesus made a better covenant with a better blood sacrifice that is for all sin, not just for unintentional sin.  It secured eternal redemption.  ( Transgression IS law breaking.)   Jesus's sacrifice was one sacrifice for all time, not a yearly sacrifice, and it is one that can cleanse our consciences to serve God not by rituals or self effort producing self righteousness, but by walking in the Spirit so as to obey the law of love.

Gal 5:13  For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.  Gal 5:14  For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

Gal 5:16  I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

5:18  But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

FINALLY

Rom 4:5  And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

38 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

I see it just the opposite.  I see the OSAS side testifying they sin all the time.  I see them as children of the flesh persecuting the children of promise.  I don't agree with anything you just said, and you can't prove any of it.

Context, the Children of the flesh represented by Ishmael are those who still seek to be under the Law. We who trust in Christ alone are the children of promise. It has absolutely nothing to do with antinomians abusing the grace of God. It’s also interesting that you see our disagreements as us persecuting you. That is very telling to me. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Oy Vey! 1