• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

53 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

Something that is sad to me is that we have someone praising God they are in bondage to sin.  I am not speaking of the person who I am quoting.

Be careful Firm, keep your steady aim, brother.
You reckon the praise just might be because the sins are paid for. Once and for all.
No help needed. From sinful man, the cause for the horrendous payment/propitiation.

Why is it some can not distinguish between the righteousness of God for salvation through the shedding of His blood,
and the righteousness of those which have been saved because of the shed blood of our Saviour.

I cannot understand how anyone can point fingers at those who publicly confess their sin. As God said to do;
"Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed."

I do not blame any sin on the devil. And I have no idea what unwillful sin is.
To sin is to miss the mark, or the target. I do so 'willingly'. And so do you!
If I do not study, practice, learn, pray, improve my aim, I'm then guilty of missing the mark/target.
Not the devil, not an accident due to not being prepared, not due to someone else tempting me.
I've probably missed a half dozen of God's marks (sin-in my critical/judgemental mind) just since started typing this post.
God has a high(er) standard, or mark for us children to meet. I accept that. It is His desire.
We start on the milk, and learn through experience, and move on to the meat, the word and the walk.
Doers and not just hearers.    But,
To whom much is given, much is required.   Well done is better than well said.
Our Father expects more from us as we grow. Much more.
We encounter more targets, really tough ones. And it's a spiritual battle, the world, flesh, devil.
But that's OK, because God equips us. "The word (knowledge of God's targets) is stored in my heart, improving my aim!" (to hit and not miss the mark)
I sin. I confess. I agree with the Father. "I missed that one Lord" I need to practice (keeping my temper, patience, the word, etc)
I discuss this with God, review the word, about how to improve, as if on an archery range, getting ready for a tournament (face to face some day).
I do not stop and start a morbid introspection, but confess, agree, and press on. No fake remorse uttered. But use it to improve my aim for next time!
I thank God for Paul, the proclaimed confessed 'chiefest' of all. I think I understand why he felt that way. Because it's the way I feel too.
To whom much is given, much is required.

"And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven,
but smote upon his breast, saying,
God be merciful to me a sinner."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

Something that is sad to me is that we have someone praising God they are in bondage to sin.  I am not speaking of the person who I am quoting.

I spend quite a bit of time here at Worthy,and I never heard anybody “ praise God they are in bondage to sin”. That would be a foolish thing to say and I think that statement is a lie.If you enjoy being an “ accuser Of the Brethern”, you need to prove such monstrous accusations.....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,338
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Betha said:

Sure we can worship God any time we want...but at the expense of 'forsaking' or substituting  HIS HOLY SABBATH ? There is a scripture for 'remembering and keeping the Sabbath day Holy Ex 20v8....where is your scripture for sunday which you treat 'as official ? Gentiles and Christians seem to hate the Sabbath...why ? Jesus IS Lord of it...does that mean nothing ?

people who try to build their lives from the law will perish...

Gal 2:16

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
KJV

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I spend quite a bit of time here at Worthy,and I never heard anybody “ praise God they are in bondage to sin”. That would be a foolish thing to say and I think that statement is a lie.If you enjoy being an “ accuser Of the Brethern”, you need to prove such monstrous accusations.....

The proof exists if anyone wishes to look for it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  319
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

This message is to those ho have not heard of Him, who do not know that God is light and that there is no darkness at all in Him..

1 John 1:This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

Now everybody claims to confess sins, is them knowing the Lord.

These sins, which are without fruit, are shameful, if they are not, what reason was there to stop them ?

Romans 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Now some are made free from sin.

Others need to confess their faults pone to another.

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Everybody who says they know the Lord, are born again and confess their sins when they do them, should have no problem sharing them right here, obeying the very words they show here, to confess their faults one to another. If they fail to confess them, is it because of what the word says, that they are shameful ? That would make sense why they will share nothing of the evil they say they do in the Lords Holy name.

The testimony of the Holy Apostle of the Lord, Paul, was to be as the eunuch for the Kingdom of Heavens sake, to have lost all things for the knowledge of Christ, to suffer the same afflictions of Christ, to be chastened and given the infirmities to keep him humbled, and to lay his life down to the death. There is no recording of any evil Paul did, it is invented by evil men who cannot walk this same path as Jesus Christ, and desperately hold onto Romans 7 as their claim that Paul did not do the things he wanted to do, but the entire rest of the epistles show everything that Paul did do, or surely they might have more than  few verses to try to uphold the evil opinion somehow?

2 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

The proof exists if anyone wishes to look for it.

How about you just show it— make it easy on us....thanks

5 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

How about you just show it— make it easy on us....thanks

No thanks.  I am  not  violating the rules to prove something that inconsequential.  Believe it or not, it matters not to me.  If the shoe fits, let the person who did it wear it.

27 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

No thanks.  I am  not  violating the rules to prove something that inconsequential.  Believe it or not, it matters not to me.  If the shoe fits, let the person who did it wear it.

Sharing something that has already been posted is a “ violation?”  Horse Hockey. I smell a rat.A suspicious fellow might suspect that somebody is telling a lie.....sure glad I ain’t like that......

33 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Sharing something that has already been posted is a “ violation?”  Horse Hockey. I smell a rat.A suspicious fellow might suspect that somebody is telling a lie.....sure glad I ain’t like that......

I can't attack someone personally, and I never gave any names.   The person in question gave the praise the Lord symbol regarding a post where someone claimed nobody is able to stop sinning.  It is not hard to find.  To me, that was nothing compared to claiming a Christian can commit rape and murder 1000 times a day without repenting and go to heaven.  That was shocking to me and should be far more upsetting than praising God for a post saying we can't help but sin.

That deflection you are attempting to use with the thumbs up thing is nowhere NEAR the accusation you made....its not easy when one gets caught lying, so I will cut you some slack....

The quote by Luther which was not advocating sin but was extolling Grace was over your head .....that does not surprise me, I knew I was taking a gamble with that one....Luther also made a great point when he said “ Sin Boldly”, but what's the point in trying to explain it..... 

• Thanks 1
  • Oy Vey! 1