• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

10 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

It states he lost Judas, meaning he was one the Father gave him, but you are missing the other point.  This was fulfilled and referred to the 12.  It is being misused to promote OSAS.

Judas was lost due to sin and no true repentance.  Satan had entered him as well.  He was not chosen to salvation.  He was chosen to fulfill prophecy.  Unchecked Copy Box

2Co 7:10  NKJV  For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  319
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

Lost:

Matthew 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Mark 9:50 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

Luke 14:34 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?

Acts 5:1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.
6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.
7 And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.
8 And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.
9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.
10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.
11 And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.

1 Corinthians 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Willa said:

Judas was lost due to sin and no true repentance.  Satan had entered him as well.  He was not chosen to salvation.  He was chosen to fulfill prophecy.  Unchecked Copy Box

2Co 7:10  NKJV  For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

That scripture you used to prove OSAS has nothing to do with OSAS.  It was about the 12 Apostles.  

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

3 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

God saves anyone that comes to him, and you are given eternal life, but you can lose salvation if you go back into willful sin.

Where does scripture say that? If we sin we have an Advocate in Jesus himself. It doesn’t specify willful or not, it simply says sin.

1Jn 2:1  My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

A Christian does not lose salvation when he sins. What type of non willful sins are you talking about? It’s absolutely ludicrous to think that’s the only sins that Christ forgives. Or that you commit.
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

1 minute ago, saved34 said:

Where does scripture say that? If we sin we have an Advocate in Jesus himself. It doesn’t specify willful or not, it simply says sin.

1Jn 2:1  My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

A Christian does not lose salvation when he sins. What type of non willful sins are you talking about? It’s absolutely ludicrous to think that’s the only sins that Christ forgives. Or that you commit.

Hebrews 10:26.  

8 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

First of all, you are making accusations.  That violates the TOS.  Nevertheless, I will attempt to explain this. 

In a sense, God's will is always done.  If God didn't want evil to continue, it wouldn't, but God himself is Holy, so evil is not his will.  If all you are asking is for scripture saying God's will isn't being done,  I never claimed there were any that said that.  Is that satisfactory, or is that dishonest?

Now, how about you answering me this.  Is God's will that everyone be saved?  Will you give me an honest answer?

Scriptures say it is God's will that all come to repentance and saving knowledge of Christ.  However there is God's permissive will that we have free will to reject His will.  If we are lost it is our own fault, often due to our stubborn pride.  

Mat 23:37  NKJV  “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!

Act 7:51  “You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Non-wilful sins are mistakes made without premeditation.

Just now, Willa said:

Scriptures say it is God's will that all come to repentance and saving knowledge of Christ.  However there is God's permissive will that we have free will to reject His will.  If we are lost it is our own fault, often due to our stubborn pride.  

Mat 23:37  NKJV  “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!

Act 7:51  “You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.

There is no scripture that teaches a permissive will of God.

3 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

Hebrews 10:26.  

Heb 10:28  Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.

Heb 10:29  Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

In context, this is referring to to sin of rejecting Christ and the grace He provides, and going to another religion.  The Hebrews were returning to Judaism and rejecting Christianity.  That is the only way a person's sin can lose their salvation, if they no longer trust in Christ.

• This is Worthy 1

I am sorry you didn't understand Willa.  The Father gave Jesus 12 Apostles and none were lost but one, Judas, the son of perdition.  That is what it means in context that Jesus lost none the Father gave him.  It doesn't prove OSAS.  It is a fulfillment of prophecy.

• Thumbs Up 1