• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

49 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

If today I pray for a million dollars and tomorrow I pray to be elected president of the United States, and the next day I pray to be more handsome than I am, and none of my wishes come true, I suppose I could say prayer doesn't work. But if I walk with the Lord and am in constant prayer, as Paul instructs (1 Thess 5:17), I think I would find that prayer does work.

I have never prayer for great riches however I have prayer for financial help. 

I have no faith left.  The biggest lie I have ever heard is how anxiety; disbelief; doubt and worry are the greatest enemy of faith.  These are all great rank amateurs, when compare to LONELINESS.  When the enemy has you all alone he well batter you with the truth because God has made you an island with no support.  Plead the blood of Christ all I want prayer doesn’t work because faith greatest enemy loneliness has defeated me!

So no pray will not help because if my faith is not  dead it’s pulse is  so weak it is on it’s deathbed!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

It sounds to me as though you could use some fellowship with loving believers.

Perhaps the Lord will use a forum like this to help you...I don't know.

I can only share some experience and I hope its helpful.

Everyone's life and circumstances are different and how the Lord deals with each of His children is as well.

I have seen that one common thing to all of us is the importance of surrendering to what His will is for us and trusting that.

There is a place for importunity, but I have found that prayer more often than not is 'agreeing with God'.

"Thy will be done" In the worst of circumstances both peace and contentment can be found.

Much fruit can be the result of the trials He takes us through.

This is not a cop out. It is one of the realties of living on this earth and being a stranger in a strange land.

I have been in a place where I was 'no good for this world' and no good for heaven either'.

Ask the Lord to help you to trust His will for you.

Edited by Alive

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

27 minutes ago, TRlover said:

I have no faith left.  The biggest lie I have ever heard is how anxiety; disbelief; doubt and worry are the greatest enemy of faith.  These are all great rank amateurs, when compare to LONELINESS.  When the enemy has you all alone he well batter you with the truth because God has made you an island with no support.  Plead the blood of Christ all I want prayer doesn’t work because faith greatest enemy loneliness has defeated me!

So no pray will not help because if my faith is not  dead it’s pulse is  so weak it is on it’s deathbed!

I cannot know all that you've been through and what you are going through. Still, I wonder about one thing. One thing I never experience is loneliness. I am always talking to God. As Paul said, pray constantly (1 Thess 5:17). As for finance, the Lord will provide. We need to trust the Lord. I don't particularly enjoy finding myself in a position where I need to trust the Lord, but it is part of life.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

1 hour ago, TRlover said:

I apparently completely missed understanding you in my previous post.  I am sorry and I hope it did not offend you.

Could you be more specific in what you have prayed for for 36 years? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

@frienduff thaylorde is starting a good old fashioned praise service in here! Very uplifting and encouraging words as I’m about to start my work day. I really needed that. I feel energized and ready to go now. Such a great future ahead of us who are in Christ.

• Loved it! 1