• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

..." I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.  For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,  and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.  As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing." -Paul 2 Timothy 4

Hopefully there is room for scripture within that instruction and encouragement from Paul to all that will hear heed learn and act.  May God's word be a light for each that will hear.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

Whom does scripture bombing profit? How difficult is it to refrain from doing it? 

Whom does the bombing profit?   The Bomber!

How difficult is it to refrain from doing it?   Impossible, ...it's their agenda and without their agenda, ...what do they have, ...what is their "anchor" for their soul?  :emot-questioned:

Lord bless

Hi,

I can't help but wonder how the early era saint's hiding in the catacombs to pray read and worship  beneath cities in fear of their lives would have reacted to instruction to not  say any more than 240 characters worth of scripture like a tweet might be done today.

Hi,

Imagine when there were no chapters, nor paragraphs, nor even book divisions, and the Torah was one long read. Wow how awful it must have been. How did those saints do it? Didn't they have busy lives like "we" do?

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

On 10/24/2019 at 7:29 AM, OneLight said:

Instead of creating one post with many ideas, supported with many bible verses, shorten your response one idea at a time

Thanks, OneLight, Great idea.    'succinct' (where is yowm?)

I learned somewhere in my younger days how to scan (boil down) a lengthy explanation.
I just read the first few words of, or the first sentence of, each paragraph.
The rest of the paragraph is 'usually an explanation of those first few words.
Then I can zero in on what's pertinent.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

8 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

Imagine when there were no chapters, nor paragraphs, nor even book divisions, and the Torah was one long read. Wow how awful it must have been. How did those saints do it? Didn't they have busy lives like "we" do?

Hi Neighbor.
Have you ever heard the quote:

What's that got to do with
the price of tea in China?

(There's two ways to take/apply this:)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

7 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I can't help but wonder how the early era saint's hiding in the catacombs to pray read and worship  beneath cities in fear of their lives would have reacted to instruction to not  say any more than 240 characters worth of scripture like a tweet might be done today.

Morning bro, ...I know you know the answer to that, ...they memorized the Scripture, ...the only place the "Scrolls" were found were in the Synagogues and they didn't have a "lending library" or perhaps some of the wealthy bought a Scroll or two, but they were way too expensive for the little people.

I'm certain you know that posting Scripture is different that Scripture bombing, ...the difference being we know the character of the "bomber" and are familiar of/with their "personal" agenda, ...for instance, ...I know your character and the intention of why you post the Word, ...so when I read what you post the verses are "anointed" by the Holy Spirit and many a time I'm fed by what you say, ...isn't that what the reaction button is for?  However, when the bomber strikes, ...I sense the Holy Spirit telling me to not waste my time, because He is not "anointing" them because of the "reason/agenda" behind the bomber, ...no different than the heretics on the TV and the false teachers on YouTube...

Anyway, ...I spent most of my time this weekend watching pastor Billy Crone and his teachings on the  A. I. Apocalypse, ...whoa, really interesting, ...everything is in place for the AC to rule rule the world and we didn't even see it coming, ...see ya soon... 

Lord bless you brother

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Most often when I post, I try to just put things in my own words when making a point. What is part of you, just flows.

Recently, I posted a great many scriptures to make a point about how often a particular word is used--which was relevant to the topic.

I did wonder if it would all be read. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi Sower,

I guess it is an example of quips favored by some over scripture.

I do however wonder what it would have been like to really learn scripture to have it so imbedded as to cherish it, protect it, and learn it verbatim, as relatively few seem to do today.  Though I do see young children in AWANA that  have ability to do just that.

I do wish I had the determination and perhaps ability that I once had for memorization, back in  the time of reading textbooks. I could learn them to to point of seeing them page by page word by word in my mind's eye. I just seem to have lost that ability along the way of life. Yet my uncle was still learning, at age 93, to hold within his mind and  be able to recite entire chapters of books of the Bible, plus apply it to daily events and conversation.

To me that is just awesome, and to be able to apply what is so imbedded, what an awesome thing that is.

And so I try to look up what i do not have in my mind and I do read it pray over it think about it and I guess recite it or on a message board post of it in more than  a verse.

Again a verse hung alone is really quite incomplete, and is so very often used as  excuse  for behavior that the verse never  was intended to represent. That becomes clear when it's fuller context is included. Least it does  for me. The posting  of the fuller context helps me to learn and it frames what I might also conclude and share.

That some do not like to read  the scripture is okay with me. It is easy to skip past or chose "ignore" altogether. Personally I recommend a liberal use of the board's "ignore" feature. I use it liberally, since if interested in a subject I can always choose to read a post from someone I find  I normally prefer to skip on by. 

It is a simple solution;  if scripture bothers don't read  my posts, put me on ignore. But as for me, I will cherish scripture given in much context and marvel at those that can and do share of it liberally to my great personal benefit.

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

I'm certain you know that posting Scripture is different that Scripture bombing

Ahah, maybe that is enlightening to me. Perhaps I do not know  what a scripture bomber is.

Perhaps I don't even see their posts. For perhaps I have already  put them on  "Ignore", whoever them is.  Please don't list any  as I don't want to know. I just think it might be funny if I have already learned to skip past the bombing posts  by using the ignore feature and thus am unaware of " them".

• Praise God! 1