IGNORED

2 TIMOTHY 3:10 WHERE DOES THE CHURCH FIND DOCTRINE

douge

26 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Since I am only pointing out that the very same Holy Spirit that indwelt Paul indwells all who believe in Christ and follow Him.  By doing so, I am also pointing to Christ Himself, shown to us by the Holy Spirit, is who we should be like.  Since Paul sought to be Christlike, then why be like Paul and not like Christ as Paul is not Christ.  If you feel judged, as if I am saying you are wrong, then you derive at this by your own conclusion, not anything I have said.

What do you mean by not knowing what Spirit indwells me?  If you have the Holy Spirit, then the Spirit witnesses to the Spirit.  As for "time will tell", I have been here for well over 10 years, and have thousands of posts.  If you are concerned how I interact with others, check my history. 

Since you follow Paul, what was his message to us in 1 Corinthians 1:10-17?  Why does Paul refer to believers being babes in Christ who claim they are of Paul or of Apollos? 

I'm here to help others, not be goaded into senseless arguments.

29 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Since I am only pointing out that the very same Holy Spirit that indwelt Paul indwells all who believe in Christ and follow Him.  By doing so, I am also pointing to Christ Himself, shown to us by the Holy Spirit, is who we should be like.  Since Paul sought to be Christlike, then why be like Paul and not like Christ as Paul is not Christ.  If you feel judged, as if I am saying you are wrong, then you derive at this by your own conclusion, not anything I have said.

What do you mean by not knowing what Spirit indwells me?  If you have the Holy Spirit, then the Spirit witnesses to the Spirit.  As for "time will tell", I have been here for well over 10 years, and have thousands of posts.  If you are concerned how I interact with others, check my history. 

Since you follow Paul, what was his message to us in 1 Corinthians 1:10-17?  Why does Paul refer to believers being babes in Christ who claim they are of Paul or of Apollos? 

Sorry. I don't have the time to explain these aspects of the Bible. I'm going to peacefully back out. Not interested in the drama today.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, Thess said:

I'm here to help others, not be goaded into senseless arguments.

How is discussing scripture considered goading, if you are using the word as if it were a prodding stick?  Didn't Paul tell Timothy in2 Timothy 3:16-17 the following?

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

58 minutes ago, Thess said:

Sorry. I don't have the time to explain these aspects of the Bible. I'm going to peacefully back out. Not interested in the drama today.

I wasn't asking for an explanation, but to point you to what Paul himself said about division.  No drama needed.

3 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I wasn't asking for an explanation,

Funny, you just wrote prior to this, these words, "How is discussing scripture . . ."

So we go from not wanting an explanation to griping about "discussion". This place is becoming more and more bleak.

Edited by Thess

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

5 minutes ago, Thess said:

Funny, you just wrote prior to this, these words, "How is discussing scripture . . ."

So we go from not wanting an explanation to griping about "discussion". This place is becoming more and more bleak.

@ThessYou have spent a bunch of time and typing to criticize the  forum and the people here.

Perhaps it would help if you read through your own posts since you have arrived.

Edited by Alive

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

23 minutes ago, Thess said:

You came here with an agenda....and you know where the door is.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Alive said:

You have spent a bunch of time and typing to criticize the  forum and the people here.

This is complete victim shifting. Please discontinue this practice and start being kind to others.

1 minute ago, Jostler said:

You came here with an agenda....and you know where the door is.

Another classy post . . . this place is incredible. George?

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

How is discussing scripture considered goading, if you are using the word as if it were a prodding stick?  Didn't Paul tell Timothy in2 Timothy 3:16-17 the following?

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

I wasn't asking for an explanation, but to point you to what Paul himself said about division.  No drama needed.

58 minutes ago, Thess said:

An explanation requires not understanding the topic.  A discussion is done when there is an understanding.  That is the reason why I stated what I did.  You claim to have an understanding, so don't I, so a discussion can be had.  I never asked you to explain anything to me, just to give me your understanding.

2 hours ago, charisenexcelsis said:

To try to follow Christ while neglected the Gospels would be ridiculous, but I think that Paul here is referring to issue of discipleship, that we follow those who are true models of our faith even as we ourselves look carefully at the story of Jesus.

It is obvious that Paul is a true follower of Christ, but Paul was not trying to be like Paul, but like Jesus.  Since Paul is not around any longer, yet we still make disciples, what is the indication of a good leader to follow?  He is like Christ.  Jesus is who we are to follow using true Christians as examples.

By the way, I have not seen once in all my time here where anyone who is a Christians ever suggest we neglect the Gospels, of the Epistles for that matter.

Those who are Christs have the Holy Spirit.  Who does the Holy Spirit teach us to be like, Paul or Jesus??