IGNORED

Are We Sure We Have A Clear Understanding Of The Role of The Christian Church?

ReneeIW

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

Is the Bible clear about the role and/or duties  of the Christian Church, meaning the Church leadership?

I ask  because there seems to be a lot of people disenchanted  with the Church these days, and a lot of the complaints seem to stem from the belief that the Church was not there for them when they needed it.

Sometimes I wonder if people understand how very busy and burnt out Pastors and Priests and Church leaders are.

Was the  Church established to provide for every single need of the believer that walks through the door, or was it primarily a place for worship and teaching? 

I know individual groups of Christians were instructed to care for the needs of others, but is that the job of the Church leadership? How can they possibly help everyone and offer support for every type of problem?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,253
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

To my understanding, the church is the body of Christ.
As believers, we each have a part, are a part, appointed by God,  to a local body. However big/small.
At least, we should be. According to my understanding of scripture.
I am fairly sure we are to make disciples as a body as goal.
Feed the flock, preaching, teaching sharing and caring. A family, a team.
Now days, people often 'feel' the church they attend is not meeting their needs.
Perhaps this is true, or not. Not a good enough excuse to leave, I believe.
We don't forsake our own family because we have 'normal' family problems.
We try to correct them, pray about what to do, and try to improve the situation.
The church body is the called body of Christ.
Worth fighting for. Not abandoning at the first time our toes are stepped on.
No pastor is perfect. The members should hold him in constant prayer.
Lifting him up and not cutting him down for every perceived mistake.
Removed and replaced if not teaching truth. This is done with real prayer and scripture,
and leadership of spirit filled men willing to make a stand for the truth.
Some are great counselors, some not but with those on staff.
Most of my/our needs/problems were so often met by other members, friends, older seasoned believers who
have been there, within our body.  The ones who stayed through the tough times and not run away! As it should be.
We are mission oriented. Sowing seeds, sharing the gospel, bible study.
Today, feelings can get hurt easily, the enemy knows the weak ones, and strife abounds.

I would venture that  the vast majority of believers here at Worthy were saved in or through a
bible believing church, which has been around since the first little home was used.
To belittle it, to criticize it, to abandon it, and not participate in a local body if you are able to,
is a statement to God of your personal judgement/responsibility of HIS body of believers.
If you are lazy, and simply do not want to get up and go, endure the time and work, say so.
BUT, do not group all the many God fearing bible preaching spirit led local bodies by your bad experiences.
That is sin. Try to edify those who are making a stand.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

59 minutes ago, Sower said:

Now days, people often 'feel' the church they attend is not meeting their needs.

I guess I was trying to figure out what needs the church is suppose to be meeting, to set the right expectations so that people are not always disappointed and losing faith in the church.

1 hour ago, Sower said:

Feed the flock, preaching, teaching sharing and caring. A family, a team.

Amen.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

7 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

Is the Bible clear about the role and/or duties  of the Christian Church, meaning the Church leadership?

I ask  because there seems to be a lot of people disenchanted  with the Church these days, and a lot of the complaints seem to stem from the belief that the Church was not there for them when they needed it.

Sometimes I wonder if people understand how very busy and burnt out Pastors and Priests and Church leaders are.

Was the  Church established to provide for every single need of the believer that walks through the door, or was it primarily a place for worship and teaching? 

I know individual groups of Christians were instructed to care for the needs of others, but is that the job of the Church leadership? How can they possibly help everyone and offer support for every type of problem?

Actually, the duty of us all is to walk with the Lord. One might ask, what is it the Lord wants us to do? First, I'd say he wants us to obey his commandments. For me, that is the foundation of the church. Obedience to the Lord leads to peace of mind for all of us.

As far as taking care of the wants of everyone who walks through the door, the Lord would like us to help those who have legitimate needs. And we are to love our neighbors as ourselves. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

8 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

I see the responsibility of the church leadership to appoint workers, not for them to do all the work.  The problem is, not many are willing to share in the workload. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Awesome post! I believe there needs to be more preaching done about the church. I agree that there are a lot of people that do really know what the church is really for.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,223
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Actually, the duty of us all is to walk with the Lord. One might ask, what is it the Lord wants us to do? First, I'd say he wants us to obey his commandments. For me, that is the foundation of the church. Obedience to the Lord leads to peace of mind for all of us.

As far as taking care of the wants of everyone who walks through the door, the Lord would like us to help those who have legitimate needs. And we are to love our neighbors as ourselves. 

The church is called the ecclesia in the Greek. It means a governing body. The purpose of this governing body is to rule and reign with Christ as we establish his kingdom here on the earth.

This is what the early church did. They were on fire for God, when they prayed the whole building shook with the power of the holy spirit. Peter was so impregnated with the presence God that even his shadow passing by would heal the sick.

They were so Filled with the holy spirit and faith, that signs wonders miracles would follow the preaching of the word and thousands would be saved.

The early church turned the word upside down within a few years and preached the gospels to Jerusalem Samaria and the whole roman world.

This is what is missing in the church today. The holy spirit needs to breathe again on the dry bones and set in ablaze with fire again .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

8 minutes ago, Worship Warriors said:

This is what is missing in the church today. The holy spirit needs to breathe again on the dry bones and set in ablaze with fire again .

First there needs to be faith, which this age seriously lacks.  Once there is a spark of faith, the Holy Spirit will bellow the flames!  Even Jesus could not do many works where of their unbelief.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

First there needs to be faith, which this age seriously lacks.  Once there is a spark of faith, the Holy Spirit will bellow the flames!  Even Jesus could not do many works where of their unbelief.

Yes, without faith it is impossible to please God, but this means faith in God and His Word, not in man, not in denominations, not in programs, and certainly not in false docrine of any description.

25 minutes ago, Worship Warriors said:

The church is called the ecclesia in the Greek. It means a governing body.

Here is a more accurate description of ecclesia... literally it means "the called out ones," from Greek ek "out of" and klesis "a calling" (kaleo "to call")

The word church was planted in the KJV as a political move to supress the congregation and maintain the paganistic control of a clergy class. 

ecclesia

(ɪˈkliːzɪə)

n, pl -siae (-zɪˌiː)
1. (Ecclesiastical Terms) (in formal Church usage) a congregation
2. (Historical Terms) the assembly of citizens of an ancient Greek state
[C16: from Medieval Latin, from Late Greek ekklēsia assembly, from ekklētos called, from ekkalein to call out, from kalein to call]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,223
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

Yes, without faith it is impossible to please God, but this means faith in God and His Word, not in man, not in denominations, not in programs, and certainly not in false docrine of any description.

Here is a more accurate description of ecclesia... literally it means "the called out ones," from Greek ek "out of" and klesis "a calling" (kaleo "to call")

The word church was planted in the KJV as a political move to supress the congregation and maintain the paganistic control of a clergy class. 

ecclesia

(ɪˈkliːzɪə)

n, pl -siae (-zɪˌiː)
1. (Ecclesiastical Terms) (in formal Church usage) a congregation
2. (Historical Terms) the assembly of citizens of an ancient Greek state
[C16: from Medieval Latin, from Late Greek ekklēsia assembly, from ekklētos called, from ekkalein to call out, from kalein to call]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014

That assembly of citizens , the called out ones were a governing body that  could legislate laws.

The church is meant to govern in the heavenlies , to take dominion , to fulfill the dominion mandate, bring heaven down to earth.