• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Wow, brothers. All of you have done your homework studies, but don't you think it's getting a bit personal with implications of insult slinging? Here's the lyrics to a little tune I like. It was recorded inside a monastery in Belgium that had long ago turned to ruin. Note the highlighting of particular lines. 

1. God in My Bed

Before last night my heart was grey
    Like my country is today
    Big kaleidoscope I see
    A thousand people gaze at me

To break the ice I start to sing
    About a cell called everything
    A cell so big a world like small
    Is suitable to say it all

Is the fighting over?
    I lost track
    Like a wave it all comes back 
    Same kaleidoscope I see

Someone standing next to me
    It's hard to do, it's hard to try
    Hard to stop wondering why
    Do I keep filing every case

When the answer's on your face
    You can't see her but you do
    Music is transparent too
    So join me, sing with all your might

Hallelujah, praise tonight 
    Far away and long ago
    Wintertime meant feeling low
    Now every single star looks bright

God was in my bed last night

Songwriters: GERT BETTENS, SARAH BETTENS
    © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

52 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Wow, brothers. All of you have done your homework studies, but don't you think it's getting a bit personal with implications of insult slinging? Here's the lyrics to a little tune I like. It was recorded inside a monastery in Belgium that had long ago turned to ruin. Note the highlighting of particular lines. 

It's not fighting, it is debating. There comes a time when the debate has to end and I am trying to wind it down. 

Those of us who study prophecy are very opinionated. Tough eggs to crack if you know what I mean, And because there is little or no certainty in the unfolding of events, We are prone to invest heavily in our own theories and when they come under assault we are easily offended by this, as years of work is laid into question. This is even worse in this post modern day and age, where truth is relative. 

I Can assure you there is mutual respect here even though we are at odds with each other. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Those of us who study prophecy are very opinionated.

So I've noticed. :rolleyes:

"Dispy" here myself. 

• Haha 1

Just now, maryjayne said:

Well. it reads like fighting and insulting one another. Its not pretty reading and I hope no new ones come across this thread and judge Christians on the way people speak to each other in here.

Thanks MJ,

There is a reason most of us on the prophecy forum do not have high like numbers in our profile. We deal in hot button topics all the time. I try to be kind to Newbies and young Christians when discussing these things.   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Like many topics we discuss here on Worthy, we need to start and agree on a foundation first. The foundation of this subject seems to be whether or not we agree Revelation is written in chronological order with parenthetical chapters inserted. So from the very foundation we are split and go down the proverbial rabbit holes and try to 'prove' our view is the correct one. Just something I've noticed, myself included.

As far as the timing of the Rapture: I can't change anyone's convinced mind, nor others change my conviction. I see the preponderance of scriptural evidence overwhelmingly pointing to a pre signing of the covenant with the many by the Antichrist for the catching away of Christ's church [pretribulation]. Prophetically speaking, I suspect we are in for some surprises on some things we didn't see coming.

Edited by Dennis1209

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

As a sort of bystander to these discussions, as I have mentioned I have not taken much time over the years to figure any of this out.....

Standing on the outside and viewing these discussions, I can't help but ask myself the question.

With so many well meaning individuals looking into these scriptures and yet arriving at different conclusions?

What is missing?

I see a great deal of confusion.

What is missing?

3 hours ago, dhchristian said:

Not ignoring facts here, Just came to the realization that trying to explain what he has shown me on a forum is not conducive to getting the whole truth out. I Spend more time debating weak arguments from You, and Iamlamad and whoever else that come from a post modernist mindset incapable of receiving what is said without it being an attack on their own ego. As I said to iamlamad  we all have a piece of the whole puzzle, Not the whole counsel of God, and until we all realize this all of this debating is fruitless. What He has given me is a framework, and I need to fully write this all down in one cohesive work. I Have only touched the surface here with this post of what he has shown me, and What he has shown me unifies all of prophecy, cohesively. for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. 

Time for me to go on a sabbatical. 

God Bless

I think as time is passing we're gaining a much better understanding and view of prophetic events shaping up. I believe there will be no debate and discussion on that point. We're seeing with our very own eyes; the who, what, where and why of the Ezekiel 38: - 39: invasion coming soon. The question is when and in what sequence does it fit into the timing? Everything is in alignment including the players North of Israel, in Syria. Even the other minor nations mentioned in Ezekiel now recently have ties and defense treaties between them and Russia. All the economic, political and religious reasons to conduct that invasion are now in place. Turkey has done an abrupt 180 from a secular Islam, to a hating and radical Ottomon want to be regime. The Kurd's [ancient Medes] even have an end-time role to play in biblical prophecy

Are any of the events such as the destruction and leveling of Damascus overnight, the destruction of Elam, Egypt, etc. going to precede the official start of the revealing of the Man of Sin? Based on current events, the proxies and players, their headquarters, Israels continuing encroachment with sorties near downtown Damascus, the reported biological and chemical weapons reported and suspected buried in Damascus, among other things.It seems logical that if the Mossad intelligence gets wind of an impending attack involving the use of weapons of mass destruction, they will throw off any restraints they are observing now. 

Based on when and how the Antichrist arrives on the scene; I wouldn't be surprised is Elam [home of Iran's nuclear Bushehr facilities] or the Destruction of Damascus overnight happens before the tribulation, and the catalyst that starts everything into motion. 

Maybe I'll take me a little vacation too  :D

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Alive said:

As a sort of bystander to these discussions, as I have mentioned I have not taken much time over the years to figure any of this out.....

Standing on the outside and viewing these discussions, I can't help but ask myself the question.

With so many well meaning individuals looking into these scriptures and yet arriving at different conclusions?

What is missing?

What is missing?

Modern scholarship has answered that question for us and invented a fifty cent word; Hermeneutics.  :D

Just now, Dennis1209 said:
37 minutes ago, Alive said:

What is missing?

Modern scholarship has answered that question for us and invented a fifty cent word; Hermeneutics.  :D

It is not what is missing, but what is causing the confusion, The Post modern mindset. Even Hermeneutics has gone the way of post modernism, as everyone has adopted their own hermeneutic. But even this God foresaw and knew about, and is discussed in prophecy in scripture.... I think of that letter to the Laodicean church and know that this is discussing the Post modern mindset, Or 2 thess. 2, which warns of the strong delusion for those that do not love the Truth. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

So then my friends--how do we know the correct interpretations?

Who has this knowledge?