• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

Running short ten days on any med isn't a good thing when it comes to your health.   

Perhaps, but I tend to forget so often I am always many pills ahead, anyway. I only take two non recreational pills regularly anyway, neither is vital to my survival in the short run but are beneficial in the longer term, so missing  a day or a few days is not  that serious an issue.

Most of what I do is treatment for pain control, with the surgeon using those really nasty long needles down my spinal column and through the shoulders. "this is going to feel like bee sting try to remain steady don't move". Yeah sure, a bee with a shotgun maybe.

The only thing more fun is going to the skin doctor team and having them slice and dice without warning nor nerve deadening local before they just up and slice. Geesh! Sure glad they are a merry team, and work fast on me.  Always feel a bit funny going there. It is an all female team and most patients are soccer moms with pony tails and baseball caps on. Then there is this old man with the white beard, pretending not to be hearing all their nip and tuck and fill conversations. Occasionally some other hapless guy will come in and we both will kinda feel better. Though maybe a little nip and tuck- nah.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

30 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Perhaps, but I tend to forget so often I am always many pills ahead, anyway. I only take two non recreational pills regularly anyway, neither is vital to my survival in the short run but are beneficial in the longer term, so missing  a day or a few days is not  that serious an issue.

That's not a problem on an accurate count for a one month's supply. The allowance of advanced ordering prior to depletion of the fill is permitted a few days previous to that. This is usually three days with my CVS pharmacy. If you run ten days short due to a miscount, the request of a refill will be denied on the policy that it is too early to submit. Essential medication could  pose a potentially serious problem in this instance. Policies are strictly enforced and cannot be broken. It's just that simple.    

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

You bet. Automated machines aren't perfect, and they are well aware of that. Ann Landers in her advice column recommended if experiencing a shortage on a prescription, have the pharmacist or a pharm tech count them out for you. Once leaving the pharmacy, they can't be responsible to accept your word concerning an error on their behalf. It's basic policy, plain and simple. Running short ten days on any med isn't a good thing when it comes to your health.   

Pharmacists have a technique for counting quickly and accurately. 

No pharmacist should quibble over recounting for you. Or proving to you that you got what you should have gotten. I always figured if it helped people feel better about taking their meds, then it was worth my time doing it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/12/2019 at 4:21 PM, missmuffet said:

No, you are not getting the point. If you have a medication and the medication is not in the pill and it is just a sugar pill it can be dangerous. It can even kill some people who rely on those medications. There has even been some chemotherapy drugs that have been counterfeit.

oh.... ok i see what you mean now. yes, if a drug does not contain the active ingredients like it should, that is a very serious.

18 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Pharmacists have a technique for counting quickly and accurately. 

No pharmacist should quibble over recounting for you. Or proving to you that you got what you should have gotten. I always figured if it helped people feel better about taking their meds, then it was worth my time doing it.

Exactly. The staff at the pharmacy are efficient, friendly and accomodating. The automated machines are good convenience to have, but do miscalculate occasionally. Sometimes a tablet or capsule can become jammed in the process, and a miscount occurs. This is why I've not had a problem with periodic count outs when it does. One or two shy of a fill isn't a big deal to me, but a shortage of ten is substantial. Especially when it's essential for medicinal continuity that could pose a potential health concern. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Equippers said:

oh.... ok i see what you mean now. yes, if a drug does not contain the active ingredients like it should, that is a very serious.

Yes, because if it does not contain a medication it is only a sugar pill and it is not doing what it should be doing. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Exactly. The staff at the pharmacy are efficient, friendly and accomodating. The automated machines are good convenience to have, but do miscalculate occasionally. Sometimes a tablet or capsule can become jammed in the process, and a miscount occurs. This is why I've not had a problem with periodic count outs when it does. One or two shy of a fill isn't a big deal to me, but a shortage of ten is substantial. Especially when it's essential for medicinal continuity that could pose a potential health concern. 

A shortage of ten definitely is a problem. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

In support of the warning that missmuffet extended here is the interview today 11/24/19 on Fox Cable's Maria Bartiromo's program, where she interviewed Peter Navarro.  In the interview he stated that  if one goes to  Amazon  to order medicine the odds are very high that  the supplier will be sending a counterfeit. He did not say  a generic but a counterfeit that could be dangerous. He went further and stated that fully 90% of the products bought online bearing the Apple brand is not from Apple,  instead they are counterfeited products.

He also stated that the opioides coming from China are counterfeit and very dangerous. He did not give any supporting evidence of that, just made his statement . 

BTW- the latest Galaxy 10 cell phone states it is made at Vietnam. Wonder if it is or is it Chinese manufactured and repackaged or relabeled at Vietnam? Difficult to know what is lie and what is truth, eh?

On 11/11/2019 at 11:02 PM, Brick said:

two things come to mind ...the research and development in making a brand name drug is costly and  then the advertising of it 

then once patent expires others sell it

The effect of patents can be adverse to the inventor as well as the end consumer. For the short length of time  for protection requires a higher price be charged in order to recoup investment and to make profit. from the risk taken in developing a product.

Perhaps of interest is: https://www.upcounsel.com/how-long-does-a-drug-patent-last

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Samsung has closed all production in China.

Wow. Really? I've got a Samsung Smart TV sitting in storage right now, just waiting for me when I get out of this horrible place. It's practically brand new. Wonder what I'll do if anything goes haywire with it? Sheesh!