• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/22/2019 at 8:09 AM, Tigger56 said:

I know that the Lord God and the Lord Jesus forgive us of our sins, but can they erase them from their memory? Can they forgive and forget our transgressions?

I thank everyone for their responses and I hope not to be confusing but I have been pondering in my own bible studies some questions in regards to God forgetting sins. I do believe that he does and the scriptures all provided show that.  But here are my ponderings that perhaps some of you can give clarity to.

1. I believe that God forgives and forgets our sins.... but I also believe that God, the Almighty God, knows every person that has ever lived. He remembers all of their fears, dreams, hopes, weaknesses and strengths. I believe he remembers every prayer, etc... you may not believe this yourself, but then I ponder about him forgetting sins and transgressions. Does it mean forget as we think of it?  

2. I also think about the words "to hold in remembrance". What does this mean in that if God remembers all things, does it add honor to what he holds in remembrance over simply never forgetting?

3. The third thing, if God forgives and forgets all sin, then why are the sins of so many kept in the Bible. I know they are there to teach us, but will King David always be known for adultery and the murder of a husband? Is that to be upon him on all of eternity? Would you want that type of sin to be in print for all to read and see?  Will the Bible eventually be changed in God's kingdom where sins such as David's will be erased from print and from memory?

Don't mean to be confusing, just things I have been thinking about.

1 hour ago, maryjayne said:

David openly spoke of his sins in the scriptures. God was not uncovering a private matter without David's agreement.

What God remembers of my sins does not matter to me. I am forgiven. 

But would you want your sins published to the world? Shared with family and friends?  I like the forgiven and forgotten part.

1 hour ago, maryjayne said:

David openly spoke of his sins in the scriptures. God was not uncovering a private matter without David's agreement.

What God remembers of my sins does not matter to me. I am forgiven. 

This is off subject but below you have this posted with you inputs:

Because I grew up in a cult, I recognise my teaching and understanding of what the Bible says was often incorrect, please be patient with me if I word a question wrongly, I have a lot to unlearn. Sometimes (often) I do not realise I have learned something incorrectly until it is pointed out to me. Please gently correct me if i am erring.

It is off subject and you don't have to answer of course, but what cult?  and what you define as a cult?

20 hours ago, maryjayne said:

Where does the Bible say our sins will be published?

It never says that. I was referring to the fact that King David's sin has been published in the writings of the Bible as have others. But will that always be the case.

20 hours ago, maryjayne said:

Not going there, it is irrelevant. If I had wanted to say, I would have.

a little abrupt but okay. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

1. I believe that God forgives and forgets our sins.... but I also believe that God, the Almighty God, knows every person that has ever lived. He remembers all of their fears, dreams, hopes, weaknesses and strengths. I believe he remembers every prayer, etc... you may not believe this yourself, but then I ponder about him forgetting sins and transgressions. Does it mean forget as we think of it?  

Isaiah 55:8-9

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

God is Light. His promises are true. All of them!

• This is Worthy 1

8 minutes ago, Sower said:

Isaiah 55:8-9

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

God is Light. His promises are true. All of them!

I praise God that he is above our thoughts and ways!  But it doesn't mean that we shouldn't attempt to understand his thoughts and ways. I know Winston Churchill once made this statement about Russia, "a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma,"  sometimes I believe people think this about God's will and way. I praise the Lord that their ways are above mine and their thoughts higher than mine, thus I hunger, thirst and seek....  Thanks for sharing the verse.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

4 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

I praise God that he is above our thoughts and ways!  But it doesn't mean that we shouldn't attempt to understand his thoughts and ways. I know Winston Churchill once made this statement about Russia, "a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma,"  sometimes I believe people think this about God's will and way. I praise the Lord that their ways are above mine and their thoughts higher than mine, thus I hunger, thirst and seek....  Thanks for sharing the verse.

"But it doesn't mean that we shouldn't attempt to understand his thoughts and ways"

I have enough trouble working out what I already do know! .......
default_cool2.gif.5ad96d3fabfc615d1b4196fdf74f1a87.gif

On this forum, I enjoy receiving new thoughts and different perspectives on scripture
that I hadn't considered before, and inspiration.
To dig so deep as some do, even learning a new language to 'properly' interpret scripture, is 'for me' not warranted.
Not that I don't want to " study to show myself approved" and rightly divide the word. Not ashamed.
It has to do with stewardship.
I already have enough 'scriptural tools' to put into action my walk.
Enough learning to share the good news, and sow seeds of truth.
Why study and study if I'm not using what God has already showed me?
Praying, interceding, blessing, helping, sowing, and being a Christ like witness!
Especially in a public environment like Worthy forum where there are hundreds,
thousands of seekers viewing our Christian conduct,  or lack thereof.
I have received many blessings from God.
To be a better steward, I should use them to His glory!
To whom much is given, much is required.
Remember 'The Parable of the Talents'

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 11/23/2019 at 12:09 AM, Tigger56 said:

I know that the Lord God and the Lord Jesus forgive us of our sins, but can they erase them from their memory? Can they forgive and forget our transgressions?

To forgive unconditionally (honestly/truthfully) is to forget.

It is only when we forgive conditionally (dishonestly) that we still remember our fear (anger, resentment, regret, disappointment, and any other forms of tension (holding on)) of wanting compensation. If we still have an issue/agenda with it, then we don't want to forgive.

On being forgiven, God discerns our heart when we seek forgiveness. If we are not really honest about being forgiven, we won't be forgiven, because we don't want to be forgiven. We still believe we need compensation to feel okay. We still have not learnt that to be forgiven forgets our belief of not being okay. Once we are forgiven, we realize we were always okay but did not believe it.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 11/22/2019 at 8:09 AM, Tigger56 said:

"the Lord God and the Lord Jesus"

Interesting phrasing, seems to ask if there is independent thinking between two Lords. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

On 11/22/2019 at 7:17 AM, Sonshine said:

Yes. Hallelujah!

Hebrews 8:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

9AAF96B8-8CDA-42DC-BB28-F5BE7DFFC08C.gif.9f12e62a4843eb7d2d97a5fb7b89fd14.gif

To dovetail on Sonshine:

Psalm 103:12 (KJV) As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

In miles or kilometers, how far is it from the east to the west?