• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, LadyKay said:

There was a note left on my door that the landlord and a local church will be here Monday to give away turkeys to everyone in the complex! Well isn't that a blessing ! ?

That is a wonderful blessing!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Did you ever see that show WKRP? The turkey episode comes to mind.

I was more of a “Soupy Sales” type of guy......remember he had a hit song? Seriously. It had a little dance with it.It was called “ Do The Mouse”. One could probably view it on you tube .In Light Of  the tragedy that occurred here a week ago Friday, I can no longer enjoy it.....thanks, Kay for depriving me of one of life’s pleasures.....

• Haha 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Never did but it sounds very funny. If you could have seen us trying to catch up to those Turkeys. I guess only a rifle could do. I hate the thought of killing animals. My cat has a personality.  I think all animals do too. 

I'll give you the highlights from the show.  The plot is the radio station WKRP was giving away turkeys.  But the catch was they were dropping live turkeys from a helicopter because they thought the turkeys could fly. Well the turkeys could not fly. So all these live turkeys fell to the ground with people below running and screaming! They only showed it by a news reporter reporting it from the ground what was going on. Go look the clip up on Youtup under WKRP Turkey or something like that. It is one of the funniest moments on TV. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I'll give you the highlights from the show.  The plot is the radio station WKRP was giving away turkeys.  But the catch was they were dropping live turkeys from a helicopter because they thought the turkeys could fly. Well the turkeys could not fly. So all these live turkeys fell to the ground with people below running and screaming! They only showed it by a news reporter reporting it from the ground what was going on. Go look the clip up on Youtup under WKRP Turkey or something like that. It is one of the funniest moments on TV. 

I will. 

I live about 90 miles east of Cincy......wKRp was good show.....we could all use a good laugh right now.I understand that .....it might be “ too soon “ though, in light of what happened 9 days ago.....

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

This remindeds me of a true story from when I was working at a grocery store:  Each year, a factory in town here would buy turkeys for its workers from the grocery. The factory would order what turkeys they wanted and the store would get them and sit them aside for the workers. An important thing to remember about this  story is that it was the factory who picked what brand and size of turkey to order. All of that was up to them. Not the store. Just like with any other customer.  So anyway, once the turkeys were ready and paid for by the factory. The factory workers were giving a ticket to go to the store and pick up their free turkey.  So I was working this day that this took place  on as the carry out person.  A man came in with his wife and showed the cashier his turkey ticket. The cashier lead the man to the back of the store where the turkeys where set aside. As soon as this man saw the turkeys he threw a fit! He cussed out the cashier and blamed the store for offering him what he consider to be not a good size turkey! We tried to explain to the man that it was the factory that picked out the turkeys and that the store had nothing to do with it other then order the turkeys that the factory had picked. But this man would not listen and was in raged beyond all reason! He continued to cuss out the store all the way to the check out lain, screaming at everyone he saw about the   size of the turkey! I had to be the one who carried out his groceries and he kept his fit of cussing, complaining and screaming about the turkey not being what he wanted all the way to his car! Blaming the store for it all! I have never in my life ever seen a grown man throw such a fit as that over a free turkey!  There was nothing at all wrong with the turkey. It was regular turkey size like they come like 10-12lbs or whatever they average at.  To this day I have no ideal why this man throw such a fit like he did. Nor will I ever forget it. I bet he yelled and cussed all the way home too and all through Thanksgiving dinner  as well.  True story. You can't make this stuff up.  

Gives new meaning to “ The customer is always right”...... I worked in retailing also.....plenty of jerks out there!

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,891
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  229
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

sad that those that are given do not appreciate the gifts Had he had to pay for it I have no doubt it would have been jus right ( a bit like a lot of self proclaimed Christians ?) 

Being gifted a turkey is a blessing unless you are a turkey   :emot-fail: 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,251
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1381387670_compattempedcheapshotturkeyonelegmecoonbehind.jpg.8bd4835ec94d1bee9483a59d263f6405.jpg

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,891
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  229
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

you ate the leg whilst it was still alive :foot-stomp: