IGNORED

Are the 10 Commandments called "the moral law"?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

36 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Fair enough. I tried my best to explain and I don't think I can say much else on the matter. But if you can't see it, then you can't see it.  

So it's probably best to leave it there for now, but thank you for your patience in reading my extensive posts! :) 

May Yahweh bless you and yours.

Love & Shalom 

No problem, I enjoyed our peaceful interaction and I send my love. Please do take care, though, if you tell other Jewish people, especially Jewish Christians, that "their past" clouds their understanding of the Law! :)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

No problem, I enjoyed our peaceful interaction and I send my love.

Ah, May He bless you my friend for your kind words.

8 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

Please do take care, though, if you tell other Jewish people, especially Jewish Christians, that "their past" clouds their understanding of the Law! :)

Haha! Okay, as long as you stop telling others that "breaking the Sabbath is lawful" ;) 

Love & Shalom

27 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Ah, May He bless you my friend for your kind words.

Haha! Okay, as long as you stop telling others that "breaking the Sabbath is lawful" ;) 

Love & Shalom

All things are lawful, but not all are profitable. :)

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

I keep reading the Lord is a "stickler" for keeping the Sabbath, ...that is from the time three stars can be observed in the sky on the sixth day to the time three stars can be observed on the seventh day, ...which incidentally is ignored by the "Christian" Sabbath keepers here in Tahiti, ...for them it's 6:00 PM to 6:00 PM, ...and by the Jews in their Synagog, ...they wander in whenever (how about you Sabbath "keepers" here at Worthy, do you observe the three star timing), ...and when asked about the time restraints they say it's of no importance, ...does that mean He is not a"stickler" for His timing only for the day?

But here's the question, ...what day is the Sabbath?

God changed the calendar for Moses Exo 12:2,  and said this is the first day of the month, and, ...you "will" keep the Sabbath on "My" seventh day Exo 20:10, ...remember at that time a year was 360 days, ...then He intervened and changed the year to 365 1/4 days, that means "His" seventh day is floating, ...it could be a Monday or a Thursday, ...in fact because "His" seventh day, ...His Sabbath "is" floating, ...His "Sabbath"  now falls on every day of the week, since we've been told God is a "stickler" for keeping the Sabbath and we have to "keep" the seventh day, ...when is "God's" and not man's seventh day, ...last week, this week, next week?

Here's a tidbit for the Gee Whiz file for the lurkers, ...God gave the Law to Moses and Aaron while they were in Egypt, Egypt and Israel are in the same time zone, ...so observing the three stars would be the same for the  children of Israel whether they were in Egypt or Israel, ...since God is such a "stickler" for the seventh day, ...Tahiti is 12 hours behind Israel in time, and even more confusing, ...New Zealand and Australia are a day "ahead" of Israel, ...that means they are "keeping" the Sabbath from Thursday night to Friday night Israel time!!!  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

22 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The Law served its purpose in my life— it lead me to Jesus— I’m done with it.

The Law was given to “ shut the mouths” of all of those that mistakenly thought that they could keep it

The Law was our Moral “ rudder”........the unsaved can feel free to use it as a moral guide.Those Of us in The Body Of Christ have something much better than an external , artificial way to make us behave— we have something now that is INTERNAL, which makes it possible to forget about doing things in an artificial way ( doing things because we have been Commanded to ) and do things from our hearts— NEW HEARTS! With a New Heart, the saved individual can do what they want. The Holy Spirit changes our “ Wants” . Trust God and  the  Holy Spirit inside you and you will be surprised how much “ your” new wants will line up with “ HIS” wants.....As always with the things of God— it's all about TRUST.You either have it or you don’t.

I like it.  Yes. 

"The Covenant" - the Ten Commandments, will be the standard for judgment upon those who have "forsaken His Covenant" or refused His Covenant

For those "in Christ" - this covenant is written on our "new" hearts.  

Those "in Christ" do not come into judgment.  They are judged in the person of Christ

In Daniel 7:9-14, the Son of Man is brought before the Ancient of Days.  He is found worthy.  The dominion (of earth) is taken from Satan and his Beast, and is given to The Son of Man, and "the saints of the Most High" (7:22, 27).   

This happens at the end of this age.  On earth, the Little Horn is speaking pompous words, and the saints have been persecuted by the Beast for 42 months.  The "saints" are easily identified.  They "keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus".   The law has been written on their hearts, and this is revealed in their actions.  [All action flows from belief.]  

Is it very likely these "saints" who "keep His commandments",  rest on His Day?    I say Yes. 

Edited by Resurrection Priest

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

23 minutes ago, Resurrection Priest said:

Do his Saints rest on His Day? I say Yes.

I say we are under Grace and nobody cares.....especially God.

Rest in the Gospel Of Grace found in 1 Cor 15:1-4 If you want to please God.It will please Him so much He will save you because of it.Refuse to rest and who knows......

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

The world will be judged by who has trusted Christ and who hasn't. The Law was given to the Jewish people. I don't understand why many Christians feel they must try to keep some but not all of the Law.

There are many devout Messianic and Hebrew Roots believers who do teach obedience to every command of the Books of Moses, including the continuation of animal sacrifices into the Kingdom of Messiah.  I do not agree with that view

They do not stop to question whether any of those commands were given just for the Children of Israel at that time, in that Middle East cultural setting. 

The LORD adapted His laws to their culture and setting.  He did not erase everything about their culture.  Men still took more than one wife.  Wives often came with "handmaids" (which were to act as surrogate for the wife if she turned out to be barren).  The LORD did not put an end to that practice.  But he did not regard Ishmael as Abraham's "firstborn" either.  

Marriage of a childless widow to the brother of her dead husband (to raise up a son to inherit her dead husband's land portion), was to preserve tribal land ownership.  Those today - not clearly holding ownership of the original "inheritance" portion, really have no reason to follow this directive.

Not trimming the corners of the beard was specifically so Israelite men would not look like Egyptians.  

The commands (other than the 10Cs) were given for specific reasons.  They were not a universal moral code. 

Even in Paul's letters, he seems to teach that men should not have long hair, so they won't look like women.  Try telling that to an American Indian man.  And forget telling him not to trim his beard.  Paul wanted the newly emerging "church" to maintain a good reputation, with both Jews and Greeks, and Romans.   Now some dismiss Paul because he wasn't at the forefront of equality for women.  Grief!  Think about his culture at that time!

The Tabernacle (later Temple) with its Levite/Aaronic priesthood, and its system of animal sacrifice - THAT is declared "changed", "obsolete" and "annulled" because Christ is the Lamb offered once for all time, who has become High Priest forever.  Those in Christ become "priests of God and of Christ" (regardless of any specific tribal affiliation).  John saw "no Temple" in the New Jerusalem.  God and the Lamb are the Temple of that City.  The system of priesthood and sacrifices were a prophecy of what Christ would do. 

1 Corinthians 13:9 "For we know in part, and we prophesy in part, 10 but when what is perfect comes, the partial will be set aside." (NET) 

The system of Levite priests and animal sacrifice was a prophecy.  Once fulfilled - PERFECTLY - it is "set aside". 

18 hours ago, Resurrection Priest said:

There are many devout Messianic and Hebrew Roots believers who do teach obedience to every command of the Books of Moses, including the continuation of animal sacrifices into the Kingdom of Messiah.  I do not agree with that view

They do not stop to question whether any of those commands were given just for the Children of Israel at that time, in that Middle East cultural setting. 

The LORD adapted His laws to their culture and setting.  He did not erase everything about their culture.  Men still took more than one wife.  Wives often came with "handmaids" (which were to act as surrogate for the wife if she turned out to be barren).  The LORD did not put an end to that practice.  But he did not regard Ishmael as Abraham's "firstborn" either.  

Marriage of a childless widow to the brother of her dead husband (to raise up a son to inherit her dead husband's land portion), was to preserve tribal land ownership.  Those today - not clearly holding ownership of the original "inheritance" portion, really have no reason to follow this directive.

Not trimming the corners of the beard was specifically so Israelite men would not look like Egyptians.  

The commands (other than the 10Cs) were given for specific reasons.  They were not a universal moral code. 

Even in Paul's letters, he seems to teach that men should not have long hair, so they won't look like women.  Try telling that to an American Indian man.  And forget telling him not to trim his beard.  Paul wanted the newly emerging "church" to maintain a good reputation, with both Jews and Greeks, and Romans.   Now some dismiss Paul because he wasn't at the forefront of equality for women.  Grief!  Think about his culture at that time!

The Tabernacle (later Temple) with its Levite/Aaronic priesthood, and its system of animal sacrifice - THAT is declared "changed", "obsolete" and "annulled" because Christ is the Lamb offered once for all time, who has become High Priest forever.  Those in Christ become "priests of God and of Christ" (regardless of any specific tribal affiliation).  John saw "no Temple" in the New Jerusalem.  God and the Lamb are the Temple of that City.  The system of priesthood and sacrifices were a prophecy of what Christ would do. 

1 Corinthians 13:9 "For we know in part, and we prophesy in part, 10 but when what is perfect comes, the partial will be set aside." (NET) 

The system of Levite priests and animal sacrifice was a prophecy.  Once fulfilled - PERFECTLY - it is "set aside". 

You are certainly correct, and friends have little or no response when I remind them I died to Moses's Law to be wed to Jesus to bear REAL fruit for the Lord (Romans 7). I did not die to the Law to re-wed to it!

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

17 hours ago, Resurrection Priest said:

Until the Millennium when it will be reinstituted again, ...everyone that enters the Millennium under the reign of the King of Kings, Jesus the Messiah will be saved believers, but the multitudes upon multitudes of their children will have to be taught about their sin and the sacrifice for their sins, ...remember, those who enter the millennium will be Jewish with a "mixed" multitude from the other nations of the world (sound familiar?), the Temple worship and the sacrifices will be memorial to point them to the Savior (the "Everlasting" Gospel is still in effect), ...the Messiah for the Tribes of Israel and the Savior of the Gentiles, ...who is "bodily" there with them, ...sitting on His Throne in His Temple in Jerusalem!

It's exactly the same as when the Tabernacle and it's sacrifices was erected in the desert, ...the ultimate sacrifice of the "Lamb of God" had "already" been sacrificed, ...before the foundation of the world Rev 13:8b 

An excellent "illustration" given by God to the lost, ...their Messiah, ...their Savior, ...is right there "with" them, ...Moses was told by God to construct the Tabernacle "exactly" like the model he saw in Heaven, ...after offering their "sacrifice" on the Alter, ...and the Holy Spirit illuminates them as to their sinful "state,"...all they have to do is walk a few steps into the Holies of Holies (the "veil" has been torn from the top down by God), ...go "before" King Jesus and ask for forgiveness, ...it's not that hard to see and believe...

Lord bless

1 hour ago, Billiards Ball said:

You are certainly correct, and friends have little or no response when I remind them I died to Moses's Law to be wed to Jesus to bear REAL fruit for the Lord (Romans 7). I did not die to the Law to re-wed to it!

I agree.  The Covenant of Sinai is "obsolete".  It was a Covenant of Marriage, and the "husband" died. 

So.  Now we enter in to a "New Covenant" of marriage to "the Lamb". 

Is there a "law" in the New Covenant?   What is "the Law" that is written on our hearts?