• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

Two Groups of People...

"I am a stranger with thee." Psalm 39:12

Yes, O Lord, with thee, but not to thee. All my natural alienation from thee, thy grace has effectually removed; and now, in fellowship with thyself, I walk through this sinful world as a pilgrim in a foreign country. Thou art a stranger in thine own world. Man forgets thee, dishonours thee, sets up new laws and alien customs, and knows thee not. When thy dear Son came unto his own, his own received him not. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. Never was foreigner so speckled a bird among the denizens of any land as thy beloved Son among his mother's brethren. It is no marvel, then, if I who live the life of Jesus, should be unknown and a stranger here below. Lord, I would not be a citizen where Jesus was an alien. His pierced hand has loosened the cords which once bound my soul to earth, and now I find myself a stranger in the land. My speech seems to these Babylonians among whom I dwell an outlandish tongue, my manners are singular, and my actions are strange. A Tartar would be more at home in Cheapside than I could ever be in the haunts of sinners. But here is the sweetness of my lot: I am a stranger with thee. Thou art my fellow-sufferer, my fellow-pilgrim. Oh, what joy to wander in such blessed society! My heart burns within me by the way when thou dost speak to me, and though I be a sojourner, I am far more blest than those who sit on thrones, and far more at home than those who dwell in their ceiled houses.

"To me remains nor place, nor time:
My country is in every clime;
I can be calm and free from care
On any shore, since God is there.
While place we seek, or place we shun,
The soul finds happiness in none:
But with a God to guide our way,
'Tis equal joy to go or stay."

Charles Spurgeon

We have an altar of which they have no right to eat, those who serve the tabernacle.  Heb 13:10

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.52
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 minute ago, Margo1945 said:

wipes the dust from my shoes and allows it to add to the dust already on my floor .. maybe I can make a mountain and then I can call is OSAS Mountain

Now you are mocking the Grace of God.

Be careful. That kind of response does not issue from the Spirit.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member

29 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

"may abide" .. with man's faulty English, that could mean the Holy Spirit "may" stay forever or He may not .. or it could mean He "will" .. which is it?

Neither...

If we look at the verse as Jesus said it in the Greek, ...we don't find the words "may abide," since I don't read Greek and I believe most here do not either, here is the verse in the King James with Strong's reference numbers:

And G2532 I G1473 will pray G2065 the G3588 Father,G 3962 and G2532 he shall give G1325 you G5213 another G243 Comforter, G3875 tha tG2443 he may abide G3306 with G3326 you G5216 for ever; G1519 G165  John 14:16

Notice the "he may abide" is only given one Strong's reference and it's to the word "abide," menō and NOT to the words, "he may," that means  they were added to give the readers clarity!

Here's the meaning of abide, menō from Thayer's Greek Dictionary:

1) to remain, abide

1a) in reference to place

1a1) to sojourn, tarry
1a2) not to depart
1a2a) to continue to be present
1a2b) to be held, kept, continually

1b) in reference to time

1b1) to continue to be, not to perish, to last, endure
1b1a) of persons, to survive, live

1c) in reference to state or condition
1c1) to remain as one, not to become another or different

So ...Jesus said the Holy Spirit will "abide" ...not depart, to be continually present, to hold, keep me continually and to remain with me as one...

If I'm a born again child of God that because of something or anything I do our don't do, the Holy Spirit will go with me into the Lake of Fire, ...which means He is not God,

or,

He does not "abide" ...not depart, to be continually present, to hold, keep me continually and to remain with me as one, like Jesus stated, ...and "jumps out" just before I'm thrown in, ...means Jesus is a liar!!!

Which one is it???

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.52
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

5 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

be assured, I am not mocking God .. I am mocking how Once Saved Always Saved is soooooooooo misinterpreted by so many .. Once Saved Always Saved IS True IF .... am only responding here to clarify what I was going to call my new mountain .. I shall find another name for it .. it will not be called OSAS Mountain .. 

No—you were mocking the Grace of God is what I said.

But, if you are truly born again, you are safe, but your work is wood hay and stubble ad will be burned up.

You constantly use a false argument when you say that we believe that OSAS means we do what ever what want to do and not repent. A true born from above individual does not walk in such a manner.

We are taught and matured by our God. Our hearts are changed and we love Him.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

try listening for a change .. God will never leave us nor abandon us but He will also never force anyone to come to Him or stay with Him .. at any time, we can and some do leave Him and abandon Him .. some return to Him and His Will and some do not .. if you don't believe this, fine .. I do and I shall continue saying it .. there is a passage to work out your salvation with fear and trembling and to endure .. if you end up in the lake of fire by your own sinful choices and lack of genuine repentance aka turning back to God and having a change of heart to do His Will, not yours, God WILL NOT be in the lake of fire with you .. you will have left Him behind .. I truly believe what I am saying or I wouldn't say it especially when all I get is static from the likes of you .. my strong advice to you and others like you is to take a closer look at yourselves and at what you are capable of sinfully choosing and not turning back .. you will stay with God and HIS Will only as long as you continue to submit to HIM and HIS WILL .. some do end up leaving and never returning .. be careful that you are not one of them .. do not be so sure of yourself .. be sure of God IF you submit to Him and Him alone .. and I have done nothing but answer John 14:16 repeatedly as I have here again .. the Holy Spirit will stay with you forever IF you allow Him to .. if you leave Him by your choice to willfully sin and not return to Him and His Will, He will let you go your way .. this is not rocket science .. God always does His part but we must do our part as well to make the relationship work .. 

Some truth here but as usual.....no cigar .....we “ DO” have to do our part.....BELIEVE the Gospel Of 1cor15:1-4....If one believes the Gospel enough to REST in it ( and if you ain’t resting in it, that proves you don’t really believe it .... please take notice , Legalists Who Add to the Gospel Of Grace with “ repentance of sins”.  Jesus never mentioned that word when He revealed the Way of Salvation to Paul ) anyway, as I was saying, if you REST in the Gospel , God will put His Spirit in you and “ HE will finish the work He started” This is accomplished “ from  start to finish by Faith”.NOT sin.... be on your way to Hell....repent .....get out of being destined for hell......sin again later......be on your way to Hell all over again .....repent again.....get out of  going to Hell again........Well , I don’t want to belabor the obvious....Living this way is asinine and completely Un Biblical......The problem is obvious .They have   replaced God’s Way— GRACE— with “ repentance.” The very thing that saved anybody that was ever saved- Grace. They don’t Understand it, they don’t Trust it and they never mention it.Its ALL about the Sorrow for Sin.....that was the specialty of Judas,wasn’t it? We all know his fate. If “ repentance for sins” was the Key for Salvation, Judas would be the most Securely saved man in history.

• Loved it! 1

Let’s call it MT. LEAVEN !

Or maybe.... MT. LUCKY REPENTANCE !

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Loved it! 1

Truth Indeed! Read 1John 3:23 to get the two latest commands from the Ascended Jesus Christ.....The Cross changed everything.....The  Jesus that gave 613 commandments to the Jews is the SAME Jesus that reduced it to Two for the new Age Of Grace That His Finished Work on the Cross ushered in......#1 BELIEVE....#2 LOVE.......... I have looked, but I just can’t find #3 Repentant of Sins- must be somewhere in the back....I’ll keep looking——NOT!

• Loved it! 1

3 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

any relationship of two takes two to make it work .. God is doing His part always but if you or I or others don't do our part, the relationship will fail because of you or me or others, not because of God

Friends, readers, yes on the horizontal, ...relationships take two to make them work and function correctly, 

But, our Salvation is not on the horizontal, ...it's from the vertical, "it" has "come down" from God to us, ...how could we, ...mere mortals, ever ascend to Heaven to have a "relationship" with God? 

If there is ever "going" to be a relationship between God and man, then  God has to be the instigator and we are the respondents, we learn this from His covenant with Abraham:

And He (Jehovah) said unto him (Abram), Take Me an heifer of three years old, and a she goat of three years old, and a ram of three years old, and a turtledove, and a young pigeon.  And he (Abram) took unto Him all these, and divided them in the midst, and laid each piece one against another: but the birds divided he not.  And when the fowls came down upon the carcasses, Abram drove them away.  Gen 15:9-11

And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him.  And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.  In the same day the LORD made a Covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates: Gen 15:12, 17, 18

It was a Eastern custom in making a covenant that animals were divided into pieces and then those who were making the covenant passed between the two piles of the divided animals, ...it was symbolic of a blood covenant saying, "If either one of us breaks this covenant may his blood be on him!" 

Notice Abram was asleep, ...only God passed through the animals in the form of a smoking furnace and a burning lamp, Abram did not "participate" in this Covenant and it is a "shadow" of the New Covenant, ...the two parts separated, a symbol, type, illustration of the Father and the Son, ...the burning furnace and smoking lamp a type, symbol, an illustration of the Wrath of God that was poured out on His Son as He hung on the Cross of Calvary, ...and the "horror of great darkness," was a type, symbol an illustration of Jesus crying out from the Cross, " Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?  ...My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken Me?"

Do you see that dear ones?

Now, let's plug our Salvation into this story, ...will Father break His covenant with His Son, ...or will the Son break His covenant with His Father???

Where are we in this story, right along side with sleeping Abram as explained to us by the Holy Spirit:

And you were dead in the trespasses and sins. Eph 2:1  

So maybe the question arises, "When did this Covenant transpire, or take place, ...where do we find proof of this in the Word of God?"

Right here:

...the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.  Rev 13:8b

This covenant was made in Eternity past between the Father and the Son before God spoke the "thoughts" of/in His Mind about the Creation He would speak into existence so that these actual events could become "reality" for us and could be played on on the "stage" of this planet...

So you see dear readers, how could we have any "part" to play in this "drama" that was, has been already played out in Eternity past??? 

Salvation is/from God, ...unconditional, ...without any do's or don'ts, ...Salvation is God's gift to man through Grace, ...that means we don't "deserve" it, we can't work for it, we don't have to do anything for the Gift, ...other than "just," ...receive it!

One last thing, ...interesting to read, ...the first thing God said about Abram in the above story:

And he (Abram) believed in the LORD; and He (Jehovah) counted it to him for Righteousness. Gen 15:6

Lord Bless

• Loved it! 2

5 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

John 14:15,21,23-24 - 15 If you love Me, keep My commandments. 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. 23 ... If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words ... ."

hmmmmmm, wonder what happens then ...............

Yeah.....it’s a little long.....but Newbies need to see the Truth of this matter...Blind  Legalists will NEVER get it — it will go right over their heads—- some Lurkers and Newbies won’t receive it either.....Those that God has blessed with “ eyes to see” will recognize and bask in the Grace and Love That Paul Ellis reveals here.....Smart people everywhere .....enjoy the following..

The other day I was walking with my girls to a playground. We were walking along a waterfront esplanade that is sometimes used by goods vehicles. My girls were ahead of me and with all the noise and excitement they didn’t notice a van approaching from the right. In a loud voice I told them to stop and they did.

Like good Kiwi kids, they then instinctively looked to their left for the vehicle they knew must be coming, only they could see no car. It would’ve been funny if it hadn’t been dangerous. They were both straining so hard to look left that they were oblivious to the van approaching on their right.

Forgive the dramatization but at this point each of my girls faced a life-threatening choice: to walk by sight (I see no car) or by faith (but Daddy told me to stop). They were itching to get on to the playground but thankfully their trust in me kept them safe and still. Well, to be honest, the younger one needed a bit more encouraging, but you get my point. They obeyed me because they trust me. Do you see? Genuine obedience follows trust, which is based on love.

Hopefully that reminds you of something Jesus said:

If you love me, you will obey what I command. (Joh 14:15)

In Part 1 of this series on obedience – which is itself a subset of my ongoing study of eternal security – we saw that Adam disobeyed God because of his distrust. Disobedience follows distrust just as surely as obedience follows trust. If you love someone you will trust them and heed what they say. That’s what Jesus is saying here. It’s obvious, isn’t it? Here’s the flipside:

He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. (Joh 14:24)

If you don’t love someone, you won’t trust them and you won’t heed what they say. Again, this is obvious, right?

Only it’s not obvious at all for there are many who are trying to obey God out of fear instead of love. Why fear? Because they’ve been told that they have to prove their repentance with good deeds, they have to hold fast, endure to the end, avoid sin, and do everything else the Bible says. And what if they don’t? God will reject them. They will be cast aside with the weeds, told to depart with the goats, and burned with the unfruitful branches. It’s terrifying stuff!

Missed it by a hundred miles

Now holding fast and enduring is a very good idea, but if you think the Bible is encouraging fleshly persistence and that God will reward you for your stamina, you have missed the mark by a hundred miles.

I plan to take a closer look at the hold fast/endure/continue scriptures in later posts. (Make sure you don’t miss out by signing up for free updates today.) But for now I want to focus on obedience because too many of us have reduced the relationship that God desires to a set of rules. This can happen when we read, out of context, scriptures like this one:

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love. (Joh 15:10)

Ouch! That looks like Jesus is preaching conditional love. Only he isn’t. Read the preceding verse:

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. (Joh 15:9)

How does the Father love the Son? Un-conditionally! Before Jesus had done a blessed thing God said, “This is my beloved Son” (Mat 3:17). See that? says Jesus. Do you see how my Father loves me? That’s how I love you. Jesus is preaching unconditional love. That’s good news! His love is a rock-solid fact you can build on. But you won’t have a rock-solid life unless you receive it. Hence the exhortation that follows:

Remain in my love. Abide, dwell, stay permanently in my love. Sink your roots deep and let nothing move you from my love. Don’t let the insecurity mob try and sell you my love. Look to the cross – you already have my love. Everything else will fail except my love for you. My love is the one constant that will hold your world together if you receive it, so receive it. Bask in it, bathe in it, swim in it, stay in it. (Joh 15:9, Paul’s paraphrase)

That’s good news, no? Come on – it’s great news! It’s the best, blessed news in the universe! It’s the news a loveless world most needs to hear. Perhaps you’ve heard it before but you need to preach this good news to yourself every single day. God loves me with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns! The cross proves he would rather die than live without me. And now that my Beloved is mine and I am his, he will never let me go!

Then, when you are secure in the foundation of verse 9, you can read verse 10, which I paraphrase like this: “Trusting me to the point of heeding what I say is a sure-fire sign you are remaining in my love.”

Do you see the distinction? It’s not about obedience vs. disobedience, but trust vs. distrust. When you know the love of God you will trust and obey him naturally. But if you are not secure in his love any attempt to obey him will be unnatural and fruitless. Your relationship will have all the love and trust of a forced marriage.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

26 minutes ago, Margo1945 said:

hmmmmmm, wonder what happens then ...............

Personally I don't ever wonder what will happen, ...I know in whom I have Trusted, ...Jesus Christ and NOT in myself or anything I need to do!

It's that simple...

As for "keeping" His commandments, ...here is what Jesus has personally said to me:

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.   Mat 22:37-40

Jesus summarized the ten and the 613 commandments of the Old Testament down to just two...

Love God and love your neighbor...

Dear friends, readers, please remember Jesus was teaching the people that were still in the Dispensation of the Law...

Today we are in the dispensation of Grace Eph 3:2 and the Commandments have been reduced to just one:

Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.  1 John 2:7

The Holy Spirit wrote commandment, ...singular, ...NOT plural, ...there it is in black and white, ...how some try to add to it is beyond me.

So what is the one commandment, ...LOVE!!!

When we are born again the Holy Spirit comes and lives inside of us, He brings with Him Divine Love, ...we have Divine Love living inside of us, however, ...there is a problem, we are "full" of earthy, fleshly, carnal, sensual, prideful wisdom, ...which the Holy Spirit tells us is demonic:

But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.  This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.  For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.   Jas 3:14-16

So "that" is the problem, we must "empty" all of the fleshly, carnal, sensual, demonic wisdom we have learned from the world, ...by the "washing" of/from the Word so that this clay vessel becomes empty, ...and then the Divine Love residing naturally in us can flow out of us, ...thus, in reality, ...it's the Holy Spirit keeping the "one" commandment  for us and not any of our carnal works. 

Biblically it's called, ...being conformed into the image of Christ...

Lord bless

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1