• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, David1701 said:

You are begging the question, which is, what does "castaway" mean, in this context.  That is what you need to demonstrate.

You need to prove it means his ministry, because that was your claim.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.54
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

You need to prove it means his ministry, because that was your claim.

That was my counter-claim.  You give your evidence and I'll provide mine in response.

Just now, David1701 said:

That was my counter-claim.  You give your evidence and I'll provide mine in response.

It was the first interpretation.  I just referenced his comments.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.54
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, Firm Foundation said:

It was the first interpretation.  I just referenced his comments.

<sigh>

You claimed that he was speaking about losing salvation.  This hinges upon the interpretation of "castaway" (not the only translation).  You cannot simply assume that it refers to losing salvation, without providing any evidence.

2 minutes ago, David1701 said:

<sigh>

You claimed that he was speaking about losing salvation.  This hinges upon the interpretation of "castaway" (not the only translation).  You cannot simply assume that it refers to losing salvation, without providing any evidence.

You can't assume it is about losing his ministry without providing any evidence, but you did.  Every disagreement is because we don't interpret scripture the same way and we both think the other person is wrong.

Margo, I am much more in agreement with you than with your detractors.  Be encouraged.   There are many outside of here that stand with you.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

46 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

By the way, I believe the elect are kept, but only God knows who they are because he knows who will endure till the end.  People can think they are saved when they are not.

There is also something else I would like to explain .

Paul knew he was saved ,   Yet he also knew if he himself continued not to keep his body under subjection he too would be cast out .

Knowing that if we don't endure faithful to the end in JESUS , IS NOT DOUBTING the finished work of JESUS , ITS TRUSTING JESUS WHO SAID IT FIRST .

HE said if a man continues not in me ,  HE WILL be cast out .  And look at all the warnings God Himself in both the old and the new test gives .

If any was in error , it was and is , REPENT OR ELSE .

SO I take GOD at his WORD .  I KNOW I am saved by grace alone , FOR IT was GOD alone who drew me to CHRIST

and I know that by Faith in Christ alone , I am justified .   But I also know , FROM THE SAME GOD and the aposetles ,  IF WE DONT continue IN HIM

IN HIS GOODNESS ,  then we will be cast out .    THEY said it , so I say it .   CONTINUE IN JESUS with all HOPE IN HE ALONE

and BE YE and WALK YE HOLY .  FOR WHOM we obey is whose we are .

But folks act like if one says ,  We must continue IN CHRIST or in the goodness of GOD ,  we aint trusting IN JESUS .    But that is so far from the truth .

FOR even paul knew it and taught it , EVEN PETER knew it and taught it

and even peter said ,  SEEING you KNOW these things ,  BEWARE CHURCH , lest you also be taken in with the error of the wicked and FALL from your own steadfastness.

But try saying that today , AND ya get accused of not trusting GOD .   CLEARLY we must obey and FOLLOW HE who has saved us and is able to keep us from falling

FIRM TO THE END .   But say that , and folks accuse you of not trusting in JESUS .  YET JESUS SAID IT FIRST . 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

I will be very careful in what I say next , because I do not want this to seem mean spirited or that I hold any grudges against folks . I don't .

But yall gotta know by now , I know I am not liked ,  yet I change not and wont change .   I simply will continue reminding on ALL , not some , But all the holy scritpures

I will by Grace continue with the warnings and encouragments .   

NO matter if all end up despising me ,   I am , by Grace alone gonna keep on the same path and with all serious and grave reminders about GO and SIN NO MORE TOO .

O vey all day ,   I will only pray for all .     I love you all , but I refuse to go down the wrong path .  Instead I will continue on with the same encouragments and dire warnings too .

I expect most to put me on ignore .     Feel free to ,  but if you do , it only means you cant see what I am saying ,thus less interference

IF you don't ,  well at least be encouraged by what gets wrote .  But always test all things .     Be blessed now .    And be encouraged everyone .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

4 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I will be very careful in what I say next , because I do not want this to seem mean spirited or that I hold any grudges against folks . I don't .

But yall gotta know by now , I know I am not liked ,  yet I change not and wont change .   I simply will continue reminding on ALL , not some , But all the holy scritpures

I will by Grace continue with the warnings and encouragments .   

NO matter if all end up despising me ,   I am , by Grace alone gonna keep on the same path and with all serious and grave reminders about GO and SIN NO MORE TOO .

O vey all day ,   I will only pray for all .     I love you all , but I refuse to go down the wrong path .  Instead I will continue on with the same encouragments and dire warnings too .

I expect most to put me on ignore .     Feel free to ,  but if you do , it only means you cant see what I am saying ,thus less interference

IF you don't ,  well at least be encouraged by what gets wrote .  But always test all things .     Be blessed now .    And be encouraged everyone .

Some are listening to you and appreciate your standing for the truth.  God's speed.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 minute ago, Firm Foundation said:

Some are listening to you and appreciate your standing for the truth.  God's speed.

I see there was a strife between you and david .

Take him back to romans .   IN romans paul clearly speaks about the TREE .    Being grafted in and being cast out .

Being cast out of the tree , means no salvation    .  Because it was why unbeleiveing jews were cast out in the first place  . UNBELIEF .

Now ,  what hardens a heart .  SIN DOES .  

Notice paul said IF they don't continue in unbelief they can be grafted back in

But notice paul said about the same tree , that if we BELIEVERS don't continue in HIS GOODNESS will be cast out .

SO IT IS POSSIBLE and not only is it possible ,  PAUL warned ,  hey CHURCH ,  you better behold BOTH the severity of GOD and the GOODNESS of GOD .

BEHOLD BOTH .  don't discard the severity ,     REGARD BOTH .    

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1