IGNORED

The Holy Sabbath Day

bobo81

Guest Zayit

Let me ask you all a question, Why did Yeshua/ Jesus speak so much about how to observe the Sabbath if it was going to be nailed to the tree so shortly afterwards? It was still to be upheld, but not legalistically as you all like to use that term but don't understand what it means, he was saying to observe it without all the additions, the fences that the Rabbis of the time had put around it. Many Christians say that he taught it was OK to break the Sabbath laws, which he never did. What he did 'break' was the man-made laws, these are also those which Paul speaks against yet many would rather accept he speaks against G-d laws as if they were wrong, and too hard and worthless. Man could not keep them because man's heart was not towards an invisable G-d. How many times did Israel slilp into Idolotry? And this involved keeping the so called 'sabbath's of the false gods. This is why the seventh day kept holy, set apart is a memorial to the creation and to show the world we worship the living creator G-D, not a false g-d of the sun.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zayit

Mark 2:27

And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

As far as I know this verse in every translation I have, and that would be dozens, says, Man, not Jew.The sabbath was made for mankind. Not one group. Israel was given the responsibility for keeping it holy and she didn't and now those who say they believe in their savior the one who said he was the same L-RD of that same SABBATH don't either! ;) :sigh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'm going to ask this again.

What is the Sabbath?

What should I do on that day?

Scripture only, not customs of either Jews or Gentiles.

Unless we are going to keep all the hundreds of Mosaic laws I can't see that I should do anything on the sabbath but sit on the porch and rest........

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

Did you take my response to your question into consideration otherone? ;)

Guest Zayit
I'm going to ask this again.

What is the Sabbath?

What should I do on that day?

Scripture only, not customs of either Jews or Gentiles.

Unless we are going to keep all the hundreds of Mosaic laws I can't see that I should do anything on the sabbath but sit on the porch and rest........

Well does that mean that I am religated to the front porch, or can I do the things that I really want to do and find relaxing. Things to relax and enjoy myself.

I spend my whole life in communication with the Lord..... every single day, so I don't need a special day set aside just for He and me...... I'd never make it throug the week to the next day with Him.

I personally think that when I ask Jesus to be the Lord of my Life I went into a lifetime of sabbath.

I will tell you that come friday afternoon and most of saturday I don't do anything that I don't simply want to do, with very few exceptions for emergencies....... is that a sabbath?

I won't settle for one day with Him when I've spent the past years with Him all week...... I am His 24/7, and He is willing to be with me not just anytime, but all the time.

It is my belief that the sabbath is a way of life for a born again christian, and not one day.

I have to go get an mri on my knee so I'll stop here for the time being.

Did you take my response to your question into consideration otherone? :21:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am running short on time and :o I have not just yet...... but I will. promise

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Paul said that it doesn't matter. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. Why are we making it more complex than that? The whole Law can be summed up just the way Jesus said. Love God, love your neighbour. Where is loving your calendar on that list???

I spend my whole life in communication with the Lord..... every single day, so I don't need a special day set aside just for He and me...... I'd never make it throug the week to the next day with Him.

You want to talk about communion with God?

Imagine this for just a minute.

God lives in your very neighborhood as a cloud by day and a fire by night. You are not only in His presence....you have a physical manifestation of Him as a constant reminder.

He is soooo near to you that He is sending manna to feed you every day.

LITERALLY sending tangible food from the sky to feed you and millions more of your neighbors every day.

This was the relationship He had with the people whom He said "need a special day set aside".

So He gave Sabbath for their good, not to feed an impulsive tyranical ego on His part.

I personally think that when I ask Jesus to be the Lord of my Life I went into a lifetime of sabbath.

You did!

Again...no one is trying to say that God is not pleased with those who are hidden in Messiah regardless of the Sabbath

What we are saying is that the Sabbath is a time set apart by God and has a purpose or He wouldn't have given it in the first place.

There is no problem with folks who say they go to church on Sunday because they want to or because it works best for them. Go-to-church day has NOTHING to do with Sabbath.

But the very fact that they do is recognition from them that the "law" of the Sabbath is not made void....and yet that is what they try to debate.

Paul said that it doesn't matter.

That might be what you have been told he said...and it might be how you interpret what he said...but he never actually said that.

Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

But do you honestly believe that every man is now a law unto himself in the New Covenant? That forces too many contradictions, my friend.

Why are we making it more complex than that? The whole Law can be summed up just the way Jesus said. Love God, love your neighbour.

Those who love God will heed His Word

Where is loving your calendar on that list???

December 25th??

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I agree with yod. I think that a faith-based relationship with Christ leads to honouring the Sabbath. I don't see it any other way. If you don't, i'm not going to judge you. But the Sabbath, to a Gentile believer like myself, has much significance. God bless.