• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, rontiger said:

People are becoming insane drivers everywhere. I have close relatives in 16 different US states and friends in many others. One of my closest childhood friend's father was killed by a drunk driver as he pulled out of his driveway! I was on a busy road a couple of years ago and I noticed that the traffic was strangely stop and go and then saw it was because the guy 2 cars in front of me was texting. The car in front of me starts honking to let the texter know that he's driving like a bozo and then the Holy Spirit tells me to be super careful and slow down completely. Bamm! The honker smashed into the texter. That taught me half the people on the road are either texting,on the cell/mobile or drunk or sort of drunk. (People don't realize even only 1 beer will make you unfit to drive-must wait 10 hours.I love beer, had some last night and going to have a couple tonight but I'm not driving for 10 hours after .My cousin, a doc, told me half the kids in the hospital are there because of traffic accidents(was she generalizing/exaggerating?)

Did you hear about the person who reversed their car in a parking lot and killed 4 church-goers in Florida. I saw the story on CNN I think. Then awhile after I heard  an army general say -at a Pentagon briefing on the situation in war-torn Iraq ,onNBC or ABC news :" Iraq isn't the most dangerous place, your local parking lot is."

In the State I live in we are dealing with those on the road who are drunk, under the influence of marijuana and other drugs, using their cell phone which is against the law and texting. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Up from 28 cents before the supposed gas crisis.

I hear ya brother, ...supposed is right, ...I lived in Bakersfield CA, right smack dab in the middle of oil rich Kern County, ...there was so much gas they were filling the tanks of every abandoned gas station in town, ...then the black market flourished, pickup beds filled with tanks and battery powered pumps, ...just pull over a tank and pump the gas out and sell it, ...funny thing, ...they came back when the tank was pumped empty and, ...fill it again, ...do you suppose the oil companies were the ones selling the black market gas?   :noidea:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

I live near an intersection that had only a Stop sign. It being a large intersection, many would not see the Stop sign and run through it. When a man was killed there, I called the traffic Division to let them know we needed a Stop Light at that corner. Their answer: three accidents where there is a death in each one must occur before the amount of money could be allocated to put up a Stop light. Imagine that. Three people had to die first. Well it happened, and now we have a Stop light. This is a culture where lives matter less than Stop lights.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

They build round about here instead of stop lights.  It works if they aren't double lanes or more.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,567
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 hours ago, Willa said:

They build round about here instead of stop lights.  It works if they aren't double lanes or more.

Round-a- bouts, traffic circles, and chicanes all work pretty well as do the very wide traffic calming speed humps, but  not speed bumps. And of course those parallel  to the roads wide golf cart pathways are lots of enjoyment too. See The Villages at Florida sometime as an example, all not designed by government, but in spite of government.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,567
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

14 hours ago, missmuffet said:

In the State I live in we are dealing with those on the road who are drunk, under the influence of marijuana and other drugs, using their cell phone which is against the law and texting. 

Must be hard to text while drunk htas wh  wh whta od  :blink:ithimk.

But I agree that texting must be regulated, maybe have a limit on how much time must elapse between texts as a start. Oh wait, there would be no 24/7 cable TV news without Trump tweets, and retweets.

Perhaps best to stay home all the time and just have Amazon drone stuff to the back door.  Really would be best if there were no old people and no young people  at all, just middle aged very tired people. That way no one would be going  anywhere doing anything.  

But who would build and deliver the couches?

Where I have lived for some 41 years now it has certainly changed, traffic is nonstop. I actually have foam insulation over my bedroom windows to mute traffic noise. Originally  there was just noisy bugs screeching in the jungle woods at night.

Back then we had no stop signs nor traffic lights, only short cuts through  the orange groves if one wanted to try driving through them. Now there are no woods and no orange groves at all. Just pink little houses for you and me, and everyone from everywhere  on the face of the earth.

So I have kinda moved, perhaps soon full time to the woods half way back north. And all I meet there are other neighbors  from where I have lived some 41 years, all moving too, cutting down the woods and making little log cabins  for them and me.

And there are no young people nor even tired middle aged ones there to speak of. Whose going to cook and serve me my  food "treats" each day? All the restaurants are hurting for help, some closing up, stores closed often for lack of help. Yet we keep on a com'n like ants on the trail-

But what a privilege from God it has all been to have had so many years of change. Used to be half of us died  off from TB,  polio, by the tens of thousands a season.  There was lots of elbow room.

And to Adam he said,

“Because you have listened to the voice of your wife
    and have eaten of the tree
of which I commanded you,
    ‘You shall not eat of it,’
cursed is the ground because of you;
    in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life;
 thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you;
    and you shall eat the plants of the field.
 By the sweat of your face
    you shall eat bread,
till you return to the ground,
    for out of it you were taken;
for you are dust,
    and to dust you shall return.”

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:47 PM, missmuffet said:

That's all we need now, potheads on the road. I think I need to step up sharing the gospel of Christ because people it seems are filling themselves with every substance because I haven't shown them how to be filled with the only things that can truly satisfy the human heart/soul- the Holy Spirit  and Jesus Christ.