• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

On 1/13/2020 at 8:45 AM, Dennis1209 said:

Oh I don't either. In the Ezekiel 38: - 39: Gog-Magog invasion, I read it as Russia is the leader. I think the 'hook in the jaw' means something like, Russia is hesitant in doing it but, Israel has something they really want or need, the Lord is drawing Russia to Israel like a fisherman draws his fish to a boat. It's interesting to note; none of Israel's bordering enemies surrounding them geographically are mentioned or listed in Ezekiel, they hate them and want nothing more than to drive Israel into the sea. What happened to them, where are they at? I see this invasion of Israel [by the way, 40% of Russia's military is Muslim at present] by predominately all Muslim nations, save Russia, which the Muslim population is growing exponentially. It appears to be geographically more or less localized.

Indeed. I noticed as well Jordan, SA, Syria and Egypt are not included. But when looking at a world map I do see three large nations on three sides of Israel: Libya to the west, Ethiopia to the south and Iran in the east. I speculate these may be the three nations which the beast uproots. All three are predominately Muslim and Iran hates Israel more than any. We also see in the headlines that Iran has a great deal of influence in Syria, Iraq and Palestine. What influence Libya and Ethiopia wields in the ME is beyond me. Further speculation would say they have influence in Egypt for certain. Egypt is weak and ripe for the picking. 

On 1/13/2020 at 3:34 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Diaste,

The prophet Joel saw a great army from the far north. (Joel 2: 20) It is the beginning of the `Day of the Lord.` `Let all the inhabitants of the land, (Israel) tremble; for the day of the Lord is coming, for it is at hand. ` (Joel 2: 1)

The Day of the Lord is a period of time as well as a specific day when the Lord returns.

`A fire devours before them, and behind them a flame burns..` (v. 3) This would be flame throwers.

`Their appearances is like the appearance of horses; and like swift steeds, so they run. With a noise like chariots over mountains they leap,...` (v. 4 & 5) These would be helicopters flying over mountains.

Ezekiel was given a vision of the army part with horses etc. (Ez. 38: 4)

Russia and the other nations under its control use horses as well as modern vehicles.

Sure. But the point is scripture does not say tanks and helicopters will be burned. 

"Israel will go out, kindle fires, and burn up the weapons—the bucklers and shields, the bows and arrows, the clubs and spears." This does not sound like a mechanized army to me. No doubt there are siege engines powered by internal combustion or jet coming against Israel. I'm saying that precisely, "Israel will go out, kindle fires, and burn up the weapons—the bucklers and shields, the bows and arrows, the clubs and spears. 

There will be a great company of riders using ancient weapons of war. Since I'm convinced the war in Joel at the day of the Lord, the Eze 38-39 war and the depictions of slaughter in Rev 16 and 19 are all the same and occur at the day of the Lord when He returns after GT, but some months before the end of the 70th week, I'm nearly convinced the great earthquake at His return puts an end to all the transportation. If every wall falls then one of the many things that will change overnight is fuel availability. There will be none to last more than one day so...horses; or chimeras as in Rev 9. 

So then Israel will burn these weapons in the first 7 years of the millennium and not during the 70th week.

Just to speculate: we used to burn about 8-9 cords a year for heat and hot water. If Israel is using the weapons of war for heat, hot water and cooking each family may use that amount. I was cutting trees for fuel. War weapons have much less mass. That's going to be a lot of weapons. A vast, unimaginable number of warriors to provide fuel for the needs of a nation for 7 years. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

Just to speculate: we used to burn about 8-9 cords a year for heat and hot water. If Israel is using the weapons of war for heat, hot water and cooking each family may use that amount. I was cutting trees for fuel. War weapons have much less mass. That's going to be a lot of weapons. A vast, unimaginable number of warriors to provide fuel for the needs of a nation for 7 years. 

I do think most of this is hypothetical apocalypse.

But just hypothetically, let's say the vast amount of EMP warfare has made machines unsuitable. And let's say most of the 'weapons' are largely composite in construction... that will burn nicely.

The backbone of a hunters weapons stash is most likely bows, arrows and other non metal projectile weapons. Composites are used now in a great many weapons as well, so they also will burn nicely...

But it is all conjecture really since the non technocratic prophets had to really relate what their visions were using CONTEXTUAL images. So we are still at an impasse. It is gonna be really very bad which ever way you envisage it.

3 hours ago, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:

I think you replied to Marylin's post.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

13 hours ago, Diaste said:

I guess I'm not seeing the differences make a compelling argument. Look at the passage from Eze 38 below. This action is global even though it says 'a great earthquake in the land of Israel' 

In My zeal and fiery rage I proclaim that on that day there will be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. The fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the beasts of the field, every creature that crawls upon the ground, and all mankind on the face of the earth will tremble at My presence. The mountains will be thrown down, the cliffs will collapse, and every wall will fall to the ground.

To quote two items:

"The fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the beasts of the field, every creature that crawls upon the ground"

"and all mankind on the face of the earth "

While Jerusalem may be the focus the above two items demonstrate the global nature of the Lord's presence and effect on all living creatures including all mankind. This is not a local event. It has a locus in Jerusalem with a global scope. 

"The mountains will be thrown down" 

"the cliffs will collapse" 

"and every wall will fall to the ground."

It's possible this is limited to Israel but the text does not say it is. The global nature of the presence of the Lord and the fear of all creatures on earth in the face of that presence lends logical credence to the global effect of the Lord's presence in the collapse of mountains, cliffs and walls. 

Hi Diaste,

The context of `a great earthquake in the land of Israel,` is what the following needs to be seen in. yes the world will tremble but the mountains and walls are in the land of Israel. Otherwise we would see the world`s armies going up against the Lord on the white horse and His angelic army. No mention of that there.

Which is what is described in Eze 38 concerning this great army. It's not Russia alone.  It's: Meshech and Tubal, Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya, Gomer, the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: [and] many people with thee.

This list is spread over a wide area and in unlimited in scope per, "many people with thee." Besides the listed countries there are 'many people' with this exclusive list. It's global and is not only Russia. 

Hi Diaste,

But this army is not against the Lord and His army.

Maybe. Does this fit Paul's words?

" So he will seat himself in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God."

Is this edifice accepted as 'the Temple of God'? It's not called that. Daniel says the sacrifice and the oblation are ceased by the beast. Joel says the meat and drink offering are cut off from the house of God. Are they sacrificing and offering in this building? If not, I don't see the connection.

Hi Diaste,

Yes this temple/Synagogue/meeting place for the Jews is where the A/C will set himself up. Notice that the altar area is visible for all to see the A/C. In Solomon`s temple or Ezekiel`s temple this will not be possible for that Holy of Holies is separate.

And no they will sacrifice elsewhere and bring the blood onto the altar of incense. The Jews have already established a place where they sacrifice, and have already had a practice sacrifice with the world`s media present.

12 hours ago, Diaste said:

Sure. But the point is scripture does not say tanks and helicopters will be burned. 

"Israel will go out, kindle fires, and burn up the weapons—the bucklers and shields, the bows and arrows, the clubs and spears." This does not sound like a mechanized army to me. No doubt there are siege engines powered by internal combustion or jet coming against Israel. I'm saying that precisely, "Israel will go out, kindle fires, and burn up the weapons—the bucklers and shields, the bows and arrows, the clubs and spears. 

There will be a great company of riders using ancient weapons of war. Since I'm convinced the war in Joel at the day of the Lord, the Eze 38-39 war and the depictions of slaughter in Rev 16 and 19 are all the same and occur at the day of the Lord when He returns after GT, but some months before the end of the 70th week, I'm nearly convinced the great earthquake at His return puts an end to all the transportation. If every wall falls then one of the many things that will change overnight is fuel availability. There will be none to last more than one day so...horses; or chimeras as in Rev 9. 

So then Israel will burn these weapons in the first 7 years of the millennium and not during the 70th week.

Hi Diaste,

Joel`s picture is very poetic as we can see as we read it, whereas Ezekiel`s description is more physical. As to the burnings for 7 years, it will be those in the mountains and obviously not the cities, who will use the wood for fires.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

10 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Diaste,

Yes this temple/Synagogue/meeting place for the Jews is where the A/C will set himself up. Notice that the altar area is visible for all to see the A/C. In Solomon`s temple or Ezekiel`s temple this will not be possible for that Holy of Holies is separate.

And no they will sacrifice elsewhere and bring the blood onto the altar of incense. The Jews have already established a place where they sacrifice, and have already had a practice sacrifice with the world`s media present.

Marilyn I am interested in that place of sacrifice. Can you provide a link to an article?

33 minutes ago, Alive said:

Marilyn I am interested in that place of sacrifice. Can you provide a link to an article?

Hi Alive,

I think it is near Jericho. Maybe we can look up on the internet.