• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

13 hours ago, Diaste said:

Perhaps I'm just slow but I see none of the list above in Eze 38. Could you elaborate?

Hi Diaste,

I quite understand and thank you for asking.

`Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal....` (Ez. 38: 3) `Then you will come from your place out of the FAR NORTH.` (Ez. 38: 15)

`Gomer and all its troops; the house of Togarmah from the FAR NORTH, and all its troops - many people are with you. Prepare yourself and be ready, you and all your companies that are gathered about you; and be a guard for them.` (Ez. 38: 6 & 7)

There we see that Russia (Gog) and the other nations are from the FAR NORTH. We know that was the place of the USSR. Many nations were under its control. Then in 1991 the Soviet Union collapsed and many nations gained independence. But a closer look will see that the main power is Russia and it holds sway over all the former nations of the USSR. They all hold the same philosophy and ambitions.

Thus Russia is their `guard,` their leader. And we see this as different countries have tried to come out from under Russia only to be pounced upon, (Georgia, Ukraine etc) These Slavic nations and the CIS nations will gather with Russia and come down to the mountains of Israel. Very soon I believe. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

And where is the Temple of the tribulation? I do not see it.

Even though the Kings of the East do not appear in Eze 38-39 we do see the ultimate destiny of the great horde:

In My zeal and fiery rage I proclaim that on that day there will be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. The fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the beasts of the field, every creature that crawls upon the ground, and all mankind on the face of the earth will tremble at My presence. The mountains will be thrown down, the cliffs will collapse, and every wall will fall to the ground.

And I will summon a sword against Gog on all My mountains, declares the Lord GOD, and every man’s sword will be against his brother. I will execute judgment upon him with plague and bloodshed. I will pour out torrents of rain, hailstones, fire, and sulfur on him and on his troops and on the many nations with him. I will magnify and sanctify Myself, and will reveal Myself in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD.” - Eze 38:19-23

This destruction is the same as depicted in Rev at the great and final battle at the the end of the time of great tribulation some months prior to the very end of the last week; a destruction which involves the kings of the east. Since the ultimate end of the Eze army and the kings of the east is so similar it's hard for me to separate the two.

None of the above underlined fact is possible at the onset of the 70th week. If it does happen at the onset of the last 7 years, as you believe, then the mountains have to be raised up again so they can be thrown down a second time as we see happen in Rev when the Lord returns. Also, if all mankind trembles at His presence then the Lord has arrived is on the scene. So then what? He leaves, only to return 7 years later when the people ask the rocks to bury them so as to hide from the presence of the Lamb and the wrath of Almighty God?  

The last underlined sentence also causes a problem for this Eze 38 war at the beginning of the last week, no? The Lord is going to reveal himself in the sight of many nations. Then what? He's going to hide himself again to come back in 7 years to reveal Himself a second time?

Hi Diaste,

1905204745_JerusalemGreatSynagogue-outside.jpg.2b1af4a9aeca0b4397a3ff7718775b70.jpg

Interior.jpg.d7db377bf2ce35d64656f87100bf96a6.jpg

In 1982 in the presence of the Prime Minister, Menachem Begin, Members of Cabinet many other notables, the Jerusalem Great Synagogue was dedicated. It is situated in King George Street, and is constructed from the same local stone as was Solomon`s Temple.

The central feature is a high tower containing five magnificent stained-glass windows, topped by two tablets of stone, bearing the Ten Commandments. The Temple that referred to by Paul is built!

In the interior, marble has been used extensively, especially for the Ark situated beneath the stained-glass windows. This I believe is the Holy Place which will be desecrated by the `Abomination of desolation` referred to by Jesus (Matt. 24: 15). 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

That is interesting, but not on the Temple Mount.

What say you?

Even though the Kings of the East do not appear in Eze 38-39 we do see the ultimate destiny of the great horde:

In My zeal and fiery rage I proclaim that on that day there will be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. The fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the beasts of the field, every creature that crawls upon the ground, and all mankind on the face of the earth will tremble at My presence. The mountains will be thrown down, the cliffs will collapse, and every wall will fall to the ground.

And I will summon a sword against Gog on all My mountains, declares the Lord GOD, and every man’s sword will be against his brother. I will execute judgment upon him with plague and bloodshed. I will pour out torrents of rain, hailstones, fire, and sulfur on him and on his troops and on the many nations with him. I will magnify and sanctify Myself, and will reveal Myself in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD.” - Eze 38:19-23

This destruction is the same as depicted in Rev at the great and final battle at the the end of the time of great tribulation some months prior to the very end of the last week; a destruction which involves the kings of the east. Since the ultimate end of the Eze army and the kings of the east is so similar it's hard for me to separate the two.

None of the above underlined fact is possible at the onset of the 70th week. If it does happen at the onset of the last 7 years, as you believe, then the mountains have to be raised up again so they can be thrown down a second time as we see happen in Rev when the Lord returns. Also, if all mankind trembles at His presence then the Lord has arrived is on the scene. So then what? He leaves, only to return 7 years later when the people ask the rocks to bury them so as to hide from the presence of the Lamb and the wrath of Almighty God?  

The last underlined sentence also causes a problem for this Eze 38 war at the beginning of the last week, no? The Lord is going to reveal himself in the sight of many nations. Then what? He's going to hide himself again to come back in 7 years to reveal Himself a second time?

Hi Diaste,

I quite understand your difficulty. But the differences are important.

In Ezekiel the great army comes to the mountains of Israel and the earthquake is only in the land of Israel. The bones of the army are gathered and buried.

In Revelation the Great earthquake affects all the cities of the world. (Rev. 16: 18 & 19) and the world`s armies go through the land of Israel killing 2/3rds as they go. When the Lord comes and destroys the world`s armies gathered outside Jerusalem then those bodies are burned in the valley of Jehoshapat.

8 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

This is also very telling. Those passing through the land and run across any bones, body parts, etc.; are not to touch them, but mark them, for the 'professionals' to remove and discard. In addition, all the bodies are to be disposed of "down wind" of the land. If that doesn't sound like nuclear radiation or chemical contamination, I don't know what does? Sounds exactly like a military nuclear, biological and chemical [NBC] manual would read.

Hi Dennis,

Yes, I would say, `...fire and brimstone,..` (Ez. 38: 23)

30 minutes ago, Alive said:

That is interesting, but not on the Temple Mount.

What say you?

Hi Alive,

That`s right. The Third temple, that Ezekiel prophecies about will be built in the millennium.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

Yes, I would say, `...fire and brimstone,..` (Ez. 38: 23)

Now that's another very interesting subject based on the Bible and archaeology. 

Been watching a few Youtube videos where they're pretty sure they found the ancient sites of Sodom and Gomorrah [by the shore South and West of the Dead Sea] based on a floor map they found in Zoar. The area was described in the Bible as a fertile, lush and well watered area prior to the judgment, now still nothing grows there. Exploring and doing a little excavation of the sites, they have found thousands and thousands of round balls of 'brimstone' [sulfur] encrusted in ash. It will still burn to this day when lit. These sulfur balls could have only been rained down from above and were of extreme heat and melted everything. They are found no where else in Israel and are isolated only to the areas mentioned in the Bible.

They believe they have also identified the exact spot where Abraham must have stood to see the smoldering of Sodom, Gomorrah and the other areas. Getting a visual look of the aftermath and evidence, sure does give a vivid picture in the mind.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

On 1/13/2020 at 4:06 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Diaste,

I quite understand your difficulty. But the differences are important.

In Ezekiel the great army comes to the mountains of Israel and the earthquake is only in the land of Israel. The bones of the army are gathered and buried.

I guess I'm not seeing the differences make a compelling argument. Look at the passage from Eze 38 below. This action is global even though it says 'a great earthquake in the land of Israel' 

In My zeal and fiery rage I proclaim that on that day there will be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. The fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the beasts of the field, every creature that crawls upon the ground, and all mankind on the face of the earth will tremble at My presence. The mountains will be thrown down, the cliffs will collapse, and every wall will fall to the ground.

To quote two items:

"The fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the beasts of the field, every creature that crawls upon the ground"

"and all mankind on the face of the earth "

While Jerusalem may be the focus the above two items demonstrate the global nature of the Lord's presence and effect on all living creatures including all mankind. This is not a local event. It has a locus in Jerusalem with a global scope. 

"The mountains will be thrown down" 

"the cliffs will collapse" 

"and every wall will fall to the ground."

It's possible this is limited to Israel but the text does not say it is. The global nature of the presence of the Lord and the fear of all creatures on earth in the face of that presence lends logical credence to the global effect of the Lord's presence in the collapse of mountains, cliffs and walls. 

On 1/13/2020 at 4:06 PM, Marilyn C said:

In Revelation the Great earthquake affects all the cities of the world. (Rev. 16: 18 & 19) and the world`s armies go through the land of Israel killing 2/3rds as they go. When the Lord comes and destroys the world`s armies gathered outside Jerusalem then those bodies are burned in the valley of Jehoshapat.

Which is what is described in Eze 38 concerning this great army. It's not Russia alone.  It's: Meshech and Tubal, Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya, Gomer, the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: [and] many people with thee.

This list is spread over a wide area and in unlimited in scope per, "many people with thee." Besides the listed countries there are 'many people' with this exclusive list. It's global and is not only Russia. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

On 1/13/2020 at 3:56 PM, Marilyn C said:

In 1982 in the presence of the Prime Minister, Menachem Begin, Members of Cabinet many other notables, the Jerusalem Great Synagogue was dedicated. It is situated in King George Street, and is constructed from the same local stone as was Solomon`s Temple.

The central feature is a high tower containing five magnificent stained-glass windows, topped by two tablets of stone, bearing the Ten Commandments. The Temple that referred to by Paul is built!

In the interior, marble has been used extensively, especially for the Ark situated beneath the stained-glass windows. This I believe is the Holy Place which will be desecrated by the `Abomination of desolation` referred to by Jesus (Matt. 24: 15). 

Maybe. Does this fit Paul's words?

" So he will seat himself in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God."

Is this edifice accepted as 'the Temple of God'? It's not called that. Daniel says the sacrifice and the oblation are ceased by the beast. Joel says the meat and drink offering are cut off from the house of God. Are they sacrificing and offering in this building? If not, I don't see the connection.