• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,250
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Catalyst to the Russian War.

`Iranian Supreme leader Ali Khamenei said the assassination of Iran Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) commander Qassem Soleimani would double the motivation of the resistance against the United States and Israel,  state television reported.`

I think this may be a catalyst to the Russian war.  This is what I expect real soon.

`Thus says the Lord God: "On that day it shall come to pass that thoughts will arise in your mind, and you will make an evil plan: You will say, "I will go up against a land of unwalled villages; ....` (Ez. 38: 10 & 11)

I see that Russia and Iran (& others) will plan to go up against the villages that are outside Israel`s wall, and plunder them. Russia and Iran are already on the borders of Israel. Russia had already tried something similar years ago.

This was exposed by the Israeli army in 1982.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the State of Israel reports, inter alia:-

"During the operation "Peace for Galilee", as the Israeli forces advanced through Lebanon in July 1982, they made an amazing discovery. Around the Village of Saida, the largest secret military base in the world was uncovered. It consisted of miles of steel reinforced bunkers tunnelled out of the hillside. Inside was crammed massive quantities of Soviet made arms and ammuni­tion. It exceeded by far the highest previous intelligence esti­mates. I.D.F. units gathered 4170 tons (some 1,500 truckloads) of ammunition; hundreds of combat-vehicles; tanks and ar­moured carriers; thousands of weapons, artillery and rocket launchers, plus other sophisticated devices. These arms and stores were far in excess of P.L.O. requirements. Secret documents and maps found in the Com­mand Post clearly revealed that the Soviets planned invasion of the Middle East on the 4th August 1982. The I.D.F. averted this Soviet invasion by just a few weeks"

However, there is an appointed time predicted. Russia will certainly invade the Middle East. World War 3 will have commenced.  

Time-slot for the Invasion

Daniel provides an indication of the time-slot in his vision:-

"When the Bear starts its move ... it has three ribs in its mouth". (Daniel 7:5)

Metaphorically this represents 3 nations who have not previously been incorporated within the Bear i.e. The Iron Curtain. These now join this move into the Middle East.

Ezekiel, in his predicted military confederacy, records exactly three such countries. They precisely conform to the prerequisites.

"Persia (Iran), Ethiopia and Libya" (Ezekiel 38:5)

Watch these countries:

(Except from my Uncle`s Book - `Fires before the Dawn.)

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

Trying to tie Russia in with Ezekiel's prophecy in Ezekiel 38/39 just doesn't fit.

If you look at the following atlas's, they all put Meshech, Tubal, Gomer and Togarmah....ie the Land of Magog, with Gog being its prince, in ASIA MINOR, modern day TURKEY

IVP Atlas of the Bible.......IVP New Bible Atlas....Holman Bible Atlas......Zondervan Atlas of the Bible.....ESV Bible Atlas

Harper Collins Atlas of Bible History.....Bakers Bible Atlas.....Macmillan Bible Atlas.......Oxford Bible Atlas.....New Ungers Bible Dictionary

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Its very intro to me that you can see whats going on but not connect the DOTS! Basic one after the other but can they get it right  NO >luv it.Enjoy

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

8 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Hi Marilyn,

Trying to tie Russia in with Ezekiel's prophecy in Ezekiel 38/39 just doesn't fit.

Hi Joe,

Let`s look at what God`s word really says -

`....the house of Togarmah from the FAR NORTH and all its troops...` (Ez. 38: 6)

`...Then you (Gog) will come from your place out of the FAR NORTH, you and many peoples with you...` (Ez. 38: 15)

The `FAR NORTH,` in Hebrew is `tsaphon,` meaning hidden, dark, used ONLY as the north as a quarter.

And there is ONLY one nation that is in the FAR NORTH, the northern quarter.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

There will not be a 'Russian' war. This is 50s rhetoric only. Sure they may sell arms, but the so called 'rosh' thing is not a Hebrew originated word and has been misunderstood. The 'rosh' thing is a red herring and it only refers to a particular leader or status title.

Hebrew cannot be transliterated any other way. It is not an Indo-European language.

Hi Justin,

Let`s look at what God`s word really says -

`....the house of Togarmah from the FAR NORTH and all its troops...` (Ez. 38: 6)

`...Then you (Gog) will come from your place out of the FAR NORTH, you and many peoples with you...` (Ez. 38: 15)

The `FAR NORTH,` in Hebrew is `tsaphon,` meaning hidden, dark, used ONLY as the north as a quarter.

And there is ONLY one nation that is in the FAR NORTH, the northern quarter.

Marilyn.

16 hours ago, Diaste said:

That is correct. Many don't know what you posted; 'rosh' is a title or a concept and has nothing to do with a country. 

In my mind there is another reason why Russia may indeed be involved.

The language of Eze 38 certainly suggests the rise of a great army from the north. How far north is always the question. This is why many think Turkey. I am of the mind that Turkey will be involved but the many people like a cloud to cover the land suggests it's of greater scope than Asia Minor. Add to this the idea of 'extreme', 'uttermost', 'deep recesses' from the word for 'quarters' in Eze 38 and the idea is the far north. Directly north of Israel is Turkey. Beyond that is Ukraine, Belarus and Moscow. Farther than that is Scandinavia. So Russia is almost certainly a player based on this but also Zech 14, "I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it;" That has to include Russia and is in the context of the return of Jesus.

Ezekiel 38, as far as I can tell, deals with the battle in the valley of Jehoshaphat at the very end. I don't see Russia coming against Israel any time before that.

Hi Diaste,

I agree with some of what you say, as to the FAR NORTH. Glad you have picked up on that too. However this Russian war and Armageddon are two separate wars.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

The 'Russian' war is a hangover from the anti-commie cold war rhetoric.

The 'north' encompasses Bashan and the underworld and is prophetically the'north' since Israel was attacked from the north due to the access of armies via the fertile crescent. That is why Yeshua went there (Mt Hermon) for the Transfiguration. (ref gen 6)

However the 'place of the serpent' or cosmic north seems to have been the most threatening of places for the prophets who often saw these visions in apocalyptic settings. Revelation re-purposes a lot of the ancient visions and melds them together. John was a wordsmith of uncanny ability and if Revelations and other vision are taken too literally, we find ourselves in the trap of our own modern day philosophy.

Our modern world view completely overlooks the Gen 6 account and the Babylon accounts in favor of modern theology. We overlook and apostles' focus on the real reason for human depravity,, thus making Adam the scapegoat for all wrongs on the planet. This is so wrong and so misleading.

If you miss second temple literature and Enoch, you will not understand the cosmic scenario. Qumran preserved this for us providentially. We must not overlook it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

However this Russian war and Armageddon are two separate wars.

Could you elaborate? This has always interested me. I go back and forth from the same war to two different wars, and back again. At this point I'm thinking same war, obviously. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Diaste said:

Could you elaborate? This has always interested me. I go back and forth from the same war to two different wars, and back again. At this point I'm thinking same war, obviously. 

Hi Diaste,

Thank you for asking. I`ll just do a short summary, but please ask if you want more detail.

Ex. 38 & 39. The Russian Federation, (far north) plus the other nations from the Soviet era, and the outside nations, Iran, (Persia) Libya & Ethiopia. God brings them down to the mountains of Israel and deals with them there. Many nations will see that it is the Lord who has done this. (Ez. 38: 23) This is the start of the 7 years, (trib).

Rev. 16: 16. Armageddon. The world`s armies gather to the north of Israel and then come down throughout the land killing 2/3rds of Israelis as they go. (Zech. 13: 8). Then the world`s armies will gather around Jerusalem after they have looted it. (Zech. 14: 2) It is here that the Lord will come with his angelic army and destroy those armies. (Zech. 14: 12 - 15) This is at the end of the 7 years.

There are some similarities, as in all wars, but the place, the armies and how God deals with them, are different.

Hope that is helpful, Marilyn.   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Diaste,

Thank you for asking. I`ll just do a short summary, but please ask if you want more detail.

Ex. 38 & 39. The Russian Federation, (far north) plus the other nations from the Soviet era, and the outside nations, Iran, (Persia) Libya & Ethiopia. God brings them down to the mountains of Israel and deals with them there. Many nations will see that it is the Lord who has done this. (Ez. 38: 23) This is the start of the 7 years, (trib).

Rev. 16: 16. Armageddon. The world`s armies gather to the north of Israel and then come down throughout the land killing 2/3rds of Israelis as they go. (Zech. 13: 8). Then the world`s armies will gather around Jerusalem after they have looted it. (Zech. 14: 2) It is here that the Lord will come with his angelic army and destroy those armies. (Zech. 14: 12 - 15) This is at the end of the 7 years.

There are some similarities, as in all wars, but the place, the armies and how God deals with them, are different.

Hope that is helpful, Marilyn.   

Ok. I hope you'll be open to a few questions, help me struggle a bit, see if I can see what you see. If not, that's fine also. :) 

How do you connect this: "God brings them down to the mountains of Israel and deals with them there. Many nations will see that it is the Lord who has done this. (Ez. 38: 23) "

With this: "This is the start of the 7 years, (trib)." I mean, it sounds like it could fit and I have thought this in the past. I wonder where the connection lies to confirm this Eze 38 war is the onset of the trib.

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

Ok. I hope you'll be open to a few questions, help me struggle a bit, see if I can see what you see. If not, that's fine also. :) 

How do you connect this: "God brings them down to the mountains of Israel and deals with them there. Many nations will see that it is the Lord who has done this. (Ez. 38: 23) "

With this: "This is the start of the 7 years, (trib)." I mean, it sounds like it could fit and I have thought this in the past. I wonder where the connection lies to confirm this Eze 38 war is the onset of the trib.

Hi Diaste,

Good questions.

A couple of reasons -

1. Ez. 39: 9. `Then those who dwell in the cities of Israel will go out and set on fire and burn the weapons,....and they will make fires with them for 7 years.`

2. Dan.  9: 27. `Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week,` (7 years).

After a war there is always a Peace treaty, covenant etc. Thus after the Russian war there will be a Peace Treaty for 7 years.

regards, Marilyn.